💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Demand for the tour seems to be extremely high (based on Australia)

sarahb

Featured Posts

sarahb

So we know that the Super Bowl will be a nice boost to ticket sales, but I just saw some numbers that tells me that the demand is VERY high. Ticketek is Australia's main ticketing agency and they posted on Facebook about the Joanne Tour, saying to sign up for the waitlist and they'll send emails when info on Australian dates becomes available. This post got 2934 likes and 1623 comments. In comparison, the artRAVE got 269 likes and 70 comments and that was an ACTUAL ANNOUNCEMENT of dates. For further comparison, the announcement for Katy Perry's Prismatic Tour, which did VERY well in Australia and was announced not long after artRAVE, got 1790 likes and 553 comments.

Now I'm not saying Gaga is gonna sell out 100 shows in Australia, and I've probably made a horrible mistake somewhere and someone will point it out and make all of this invalid. :emma: And this might all get thrown out the window if she struggles to sell out some dates. Hell I don't actually know how accurate likes and comments are on actual demand, but if they are an accurate sign of demand, I think that the super bowl is going to do VERY good things for this tour worldwide. 

Here's the posts I've been using for comparison:

Gaga's Joanne Tour: https://www.facebook.com/TicketekAustralia/posts/10155097788272922

ArtRAVE Announcement: https://www.facebook.com/TicketekAustralia/photos/a.407755152921.202834.36841737921/10152250021027922/?type=1&comment_id=13097272&offset=0&total_comments=46

Katy's Prismatic Tour Announcement: https://www.facebook.com/TicketekAustralia/photos/a.407755152921.202834.36841737921/10152261868412922

He8MyHeart
1 minute ago, sarahb said:

So we know that the Super Bowl will be a nice boost to ticket sales, but I just saw some numbers that tells me that the demand is VERY high. Ticketek is Australia's main ticketing agency and they posted on Facebook about the Joanne Tour, saying to sign up for the waitlist and they'll send emails when info on Australian dates becomes available. This post got 2934 likes and 1623 comments.

I signed up :) not looking forward to competing with the masses for tickets!

sarahb
1 minute ago, He8MyHeart said:

I signed up :) not looking forward to competing with the masses for tickets!

See on one hand I liked how easy it was to get artRAVE tickets, on the other hand that was just due to poor sales which really sucked. Buying tickets to Pink though was an absolute nightmare I don't want to go through again :eww: 

All I wanted is Asian + Australian dates!!! I'm gonna sue her for false advertising coz its not a world tour without Asian Australian dates :grr:

Spoiler

jk not gonna sue I'm not snakelor

gagajandro25

Demand for my local joanne tour date is way higher than I expected which makes me happy :excited2: the super bowl definitely helped the joanne tour hype

tJZK4tS.jpg

Lady Gaga is a legend and you will deal with it

Just now, perfectdance said:

Demand for my local joanne tour date is way higher than I expected which makes me happy :excited2: the super bowl definitely helped the joanne tour hype

tJZK4tS.jpg

this GIF giving me life.

sarahb

Oh and obviously I guess we'll get an idea of what demand is like for real pretty soon once they go on sale. Not sure how much of an indicator pre-sales would be, unless demand is similar to Pink's in Australia. What a nightmare that was. 

sarahb
2 minutes ago, Easy said:

All I wanted is Asian + Australian dates!!! I'm gonna sue her for false advertising coz its not a world tour without Asian Australian dates :grr:

Hide contents

jk not gonna sue I'm not snakelor

I'm hoping that if North American and Europe tickets sell really well then they'll definitely add Aus/NZ/Asian dates, if they weren't planning on adding them already. 

Just now, sarahb said:

I'm hoping that if North American and Europe tickets sell really well then they'll definitely add Aus/NZ/Asian dates, if they weren't planning on adding them already. 

But Japan stans Gags. At least a Japanese date so I can fly one of those low fare airlines to see her and come back the same day because i can't afford hotels :giveup:

Hopefully she adds more dates and visits the places where she's in really high demand such as South America. 

Add in more SoCal dates too while we're at it - specifically San Diego :nails: 

Spoiler

I'm pressed she's not coming here :poot: 

JustAnotherDay

That's the Super Bowl effect, it has an amazing effect even in countries where the Super Bowl is irrelevant. People see the performance on the news or online and see how incredible of a performer she is and decide to see her on tour. The effect it has on the tour is usually bigger than the sales boost 

was NickARTPOP

sarahb
2 minutes ago, Easy said:

But Japan stans Gags. At least a Japanese date so I can fly one of those low fare airlines to see her and come back the same day because i can't afford hotels :giveup:

Did she say she was coming back to Japan for the tour? I remember reading on here that someone said she did. 

sarahb
1 minute ago, NickARTPOP said:

That's the Super Bowl effect, it has an amazing effect even in countries where the Super Bowl is irrelevant. People see the performance on the news or online and see how incredible of a performer she is and decide to see her on tour. The effect it has on the tour is usually bigger than the sales boost 

What did it do for other artists tour-wise? 

Archived