💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is the presale for tickets necessary?

Katie14

Featured Posts

Sometimes you get better seating. :shrug: 

Plus it helps the ticket site's servers in a way too so they aren't constantly crashing with every general release. :flop: 

Rebel Heart

I always get my tickets on presale so I have a better chance of getting them but the price is usually no different. But sometimes they only sell certain sections so they might not be selling the seats you want.

Hey Girl is the best song of Gaga's career #Justice4HeyGirl

I go for pre-sale to get the GA tickets before they sell out. But it doesn't always work. I recently tried a Radiohead pre-sale and struck out of anything. Then I got GA tickets during the general sale. It just helps your odds to get the section you're trying for. 

Radio Ga Ga
4 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

I think the packages are specific to the pre-sale? I'm not sure.

So that means if I want Come to Mama package, I better do pre-sale?

Katie14
4 minutes ago, Melibi said:

I go for pre-sale to get the GA tickets before they sell out. But it doesn't always work. I recently tried a Radiohead pre-sale and struck out of anything. Then I got GA tickets during the general sale. It just helps your odds to get the section you're trying for. 

How much earlier do you get to buy the tickets with presale? For my date, the tickets are going on sale Feb 20th, would I get to buy them a day before or something?

1 minute ago, Katie14 said:

How much earlier do you get to buy the tickets with presale? For my date, the tickets are going on sale Feb 20th, would I get to buy them a day before or something?

It's usually only a day or two ahead of general sale, yes. But it also eases the load of the servers and helps deter scalpers. 

Batwings

It can be hit-and-miss. Sometimes presale seats are great, and sometimes they suck. I've bought presale tickets for concerts before only for better seats to open up on the general on-sale date. If you're getting GA tickets, though, I would definitely consider doing the presale. 

Katie14
Just now, Batwings said:

It can be hit-and-miss. Sometimes presale seats are great, and sometimes they suck. I've bought presale tickets for concerts before only for better seats to open up on the general on-sale date. If you're getting GA tickets, though, I would definitely consider doing the presale. 

I dont really know which is better, GA or seating. Is GA cheaper? Are you saying GA sells out faster? Would I have to wait in line all day to get a good GA spot?

Katie14

Also, if I buy the digital version of Joanne online to get the access code, I still have to put in my home address, so will I get spam mail?

Batwings
4 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

I dont really know which is better, GA or seating. Is GA cheaper? Are you saying GA sells out faster? Would I have to wait in line all day to get a good GA spot?

I don't do GA tickets because 1) I always have to travel, and I don't have time to spend 12-24 hours standing in line to get a good spot, and 2) I'm too damn old to have the patience to deal with a bunch of screaming fans jumping all over me. GA is cheaper than the seats that are closest to the stage, though, so if you want to be as close as possible without spending much money, GA is the way to go. As for how quickly GA sells out, that varies from venue to venue. For example, I'm seeing Green Day in September. Most of the seats have sold out, but there are still a ton of GA tickets available, while in the past, for some of Gaga's shows, GA tickets sold out fairly quickly. 

Katie14
Just now, Batwings said:

I don't do GA tickets because 1) I always have to travel, and I don't have time to spend 12-24 hours standing in line to get a good spot, and 2) I'm too damn old to have the patience to deal with a bunch of screaming fans jumping all over me. GA is cheaper than the seats that are closest to the stage, though, so if you want to be as close as possible without spending much money, GA is the way to go. As for how quickly GA sells out, that varies from venue to venue. 

So I should definitely do the presale if I want GA? My show is on a sunday so I can wait all day if I have to, I just dont know how early I should reasonably get there. 

Batwings
Just now, Katie14 said:

So I should definitely do the presale if I want GA? My show is on a sunday so I can wait all day if I have to, I just dont know how early I should reasonably get there. 

If I were doing GA, I would definitely try to do the presale if possible, just to make sure I get my tickets. As for how early to get to the venue, I'm not much help there because I always do seats. I know some hardcore people sometimes start camping out 24 hours in advance, but not always. 

Archived