💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
tour

Joanne WT: Los Angeles, CA - August 8th and 9th 2017

Schwerk

Featured Posts

arrtpop

I've never been this happy in a long time. I've had a really hard year and for the first time in a long time all that I feel is happiness. I met a woman who had Lupus tonight like Joanne did. She sat next to me during this show and we talked before. She was one of the nicest people I had ever met and I really hope she's able to manage her Lupus and that she lives a very long life. She was crying during a lot of it like I was. If anyone can afford to see this show, I really think you should.

aphrodite

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dayman
4 minutes ago, not asher613 said:

Please tell me your story, darling

The show is a reflection on her life. The opening is Diamond Heart, a song about when she was a go go dancer. Followed by A-YO, which is her pretty much about her coming for a top spot and smoking the rest of the competition. Poker Face is next and it's the song that did exactly that for her and her career. She used to say she had the "science" of fame nailed down s o she could control it - however more recently she has said that being catapulted to that level so fast really took a toll on her with the amount of pressure it had - hence Perfect Illusion fits. So Act 1 is The Rise of Gaga.

John Wayne opens the next act, the song about her love for bad boys. Luc Carl being exactly the type of guy that was her bad boy and was a big part of her life and career even, but eventually ended badly. Scheiße is in the setlist because her hip injury - notably there ware stairs used in the visuals and Gaga stated when she missed a step on the stair case during Government Hooker that was when she knew something was wrong - Scheiße was the final nail in the coffin for it though and the injury did her in. So her completing the choreo on her own in the end of the performance is her being symbolic of conquering what almost ended her career. Alejandro is a song about letting go, it was in the direct aftermath of her injury that she reassessed a lot of things and even eventually fired Troy Carter. So this act is pretty much some of her demons and trials and her bidding them farewell so she can continue forward.

The interlude is then that of her as a rhino - a rare and endangered animal hunted by poachers so they can cut off their horns for financial gain, usually killing the rhino in the process. Much like how her and other musicians in the industry are used and taken advantage of just for a paycheck - not so their true creative vision can be seen. We've lost countless musicians to early deaths that in part likely were caused by the pressure and stress caused by the nature of the industry.

We then enter a very upbeat and positive section of the show which does a complete 180 from the tone of the last act. This is her return so to speak. We then have an interlude showing her addicted to the applause pretty much, so we hit the ARTPOP section of the show with Applause [very ARTPOP visually speaking too]. From Applause on to Born This Way the songs are a love letter to the fans. Applause is her living to entertain us, Come to Mama is her saying she'll always be there and so on and so forth. She even addresses the fans multiple times during this section - more than any other to be fair.

We get an interlude showing walls closing in on her and her suffocating. In the immediate time frame of ARTPOP it was trashed and looked down upon - she was called a flop nonstop. An album she worked so hard on and put her soul into was being view negatively for no good reason. This interlude seems to represent the feelings she had at that time. We then go into the act. The over all theme of this act is her essentially succumbing to the media during the ARTPOP era - which comes to its head when she meets her demise during Paparazzi. The song plays on in full backing vocals and all as she is gone and sirens wail. Angel Down is next, "Angel down, but the people just stood around" just like how during Paparazzi she suffered and nobody did anything. We finally get to the song Joanne - which is her recovering from the blows and realizing its all about the music and her love of it. Not about how an album is received or what the world says about her. It's a pure moment.

We get one more final act with Bad Romance and The Cure - which is essentially her return to being "Lady Gaga" after doing some healing through making the album Joanne and letting the music speak for itself and live. We have Million Reasons as the encore, which maybe isn't about just love in its placement, but rather the fans. Because as long as she has us as a good reasons, she'll keep being Gaga no matter what the critics say.

The various things she says during the show, such as being sentimental in a different way before Scheiße. Or talking about blows and coming back from them and rediscovering a love of music during the Bloody Mary to Joanne act. She provides a lot of subtext herself that we view as just banter, but it's consistently there for a reason.

Talent

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

NIghtmareElm

Best show I have ever been to.  I even liked it better than the last time I saw her.

RahRah85
25 minutes ago, JoeysWorldTour said:

Best show I have ever been to.  I even liked it better than the last time I saw her.

On the Tony Bennettga tour?

My very first concert and the most fun I've had in my life! I went in alone but I met people to talk im the line and in the floor.

If anyone is fishing for some tips for tomorrow, here's mine:

DON'T stand too close to the mini stages because they lift up, and if you're too close (like my stupidbutt) you won't see anything. I suggest standing between the first mini stage up front and the back stage. Yes the back part is a STAGE. In between all of these you will be able to see everything going on around it, albeit beinf far from the main stage.

arrtpop
4 hours ago, alejandro24 said:

please dont lie 

I'm the last person that would lie about something like that trust me lol I feel like he was just trying to get me excited like tomorrows her dad's birthday why would she be filming a video? Anyways I promise that I wasn't lying

aphrodite

Shipper
2 hours ago, F AM E said:

It was amazing!!!!!!! My only criticism is that the crowd ****ingg sucked!!!! Like no one was singing or dancing and I was disappointed

Wherever you were sitting must have sücky audience cause I had a group of 10 Tony Bennett aged fans in my row and behind me and they were dancing and wiggling to Gaga. :firega:

They even stood up and danced :diane:

They made my 2 hour wait shorter cause they were super excited and bought tshirts too.  

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Letmelivemylife
32 minutes ago, AnthonyC said:

My very first concert and the most fun I've had in my life! I went in alone but I met people to talk im the line and in the floor.

If anyone is fishing for some tips for tomorrow, here's mine:

DON'T stand too close to the mini stages because they lift up, and if you're too close (like my stupidbutt) you won't see anything. I suggest standing between the first mini stage up front and the back stage. Yes the back part is a STAGE. In between all of these you will be able to see everything going on around it, albeit beinf far from the main stage.

Haha am I the only one who saw some of "Monsterball" Gaga during tonight's performance of bad romance? I just got some of that vibe from her

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

not asher613
8 hours ago, Dayman said:

The show is a reflection on her life...

I feel like this should have it's own thread (I don't know how to do that). Awesome job.

Did you notice that she's using a slight accent throughout? I know they are intertwined, but I consider 'Joanne' to be a character she is playing about an American girl's rise to fame with themes about her struggle to overcome the trauma she experienced as a young woman. Your version explains much more of the show tho. 

Thanks for taking the time to write it out and share with us. 

Archived