Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga + 'short' songs

MaybeKermit

Featured Posts

MaybeKermit

Am I the only one who is a LIIIIIILLL bit annoyed by the fact that Gaga doesn't have many 'long' songs. With 'long' songs I actually mean songs in the style of for example Live To Tell. 

Idk why but her recent songs are just too short and lack like a big only-instrumental part imo. How flawless would perfect illusion be if it was 1-2 minutes longer + a longer intro + outro? 

I came across this version of DIC and I'm SHOOOOKKKK:

I'm not saying her songs are BAD because they're too short, I just believe that it would be on another level if they were longer + had more only-instrumental parts.

UPDATE: I'm not saying EVERY song should be +5 minutes, just that some short songs deserved to be longer to really create a bigger atmosphere. Does it make sense what I'm saying? lol

Hmmm I kinda disagree. Some of her songs are 5 minutes long and they are good cause they are 5 minutes of actual music and not lingering, like Bad Romance and she has 5 minute songs that are unnecessairly long like The Queen, that has over one minute of... nothing (sorry not sorry).

Besides, Perfect Illusion is a short song but lesbionest, the last minute is also a minute of... nothing. The song is short and if it was even shorter it would lose nothing. (I still love PI tho, best song in the album...)

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

KleinGa

I think really long songs can get annoying because they seem to be dragging it out. Yes, some songs deserve to be longer like Angel Down while some really can be cut down. It depends on what she's going for. 

OFFTOPIC:

4 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

This song is such a bop ugh

Illuminati
3 minutes ago, Red said:

Hmmm I kinda disagree. Some of her songs are 5 minutes long and they are good cause they are 5 minutes of actually music and not lingering, like Bad Romance and she has 5 minute songs that are unnecessairly long like The Queen, that has over one minute of... nothing (sorry not sorry).

Besides, Perfect Illusion is a short song but lesbionest, the last minute is also a minute of... nothing. The song is short and if it was even shorter it would lose nothing. (I still love PI tho, best song in the album...)

I actually can't get over the fact that PI is too short, sure it's very repetitive but I feel like an extra minute would hopefully add a verse or a proper bridge that it lacks. It's a great song but I don't think that extending it would ruin it.

Radio Ga Ga

PI should at least be 4 minutes, I think she needed an extra post chorus, and perhaps a more interesting outro, that would have made it even better

Blahwhatever22

I'm not A fan of overly long songs, One of the few things I liked about PI was that is was short.

AlexanderMagno

I actually agree. For someone who is so influenced by rock bands, her songs are not as extensive as they could be.

She's missing her "Bohemian Rapsody", her "The Dark Side of the Moon" (that almost sounds like a giant song).

I'm not bothered about it anymore though. I've come to accept Gaga is not as experimental as we once thought, she's just becoming an "alternative" pop star.

MaybeKermit
6 minutes ago, Red said:

Hmmm I kinda disagree. Some of her songs are 5 minutes long and they are good cause they are 5 minutes of actually music and not lingering, like Bad Romance and she has 5 minute songs that are unnecessairly long like The Queen, that has over one minute of... nothing (sorry not sorry).

You do have some points! Though I still would KILL for a Live To Tell by Gaga. Just a long song with a cool instrumental, angelic vocals,... (if u don't know the song: Madonna - Live To Tell; please listen to it to understand what I mean!)

MaybeKermit
1 minute ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I actually agree. For someone who is so influenced by rock bands, her songs are not as extensive as they could be.

She's missing her "Bohemian Rapsody", her "The Dark Side of the Moon" (that almost sounds like a giant song).

I'm not bothered about it anymore though. I've come to accept Gaga is not as experimental as we once thought, she's just becoming an "alternative" pop star.

This.

I remember before ARTPOP came out, she said something about her and ZEDD makings songs that were longer than the normal songs on the radio. I was always hoping for a 10 min song by her :giveup:

lifeasgeorge

I kind of agree with you, although BTW had a lot of long songs. I think that Joanne purposely has short songs since it's a personal album so it tries to stay concise/direct. 

Off topic, after listening to that extended DIC the more I need a Shakira collab, could you just imagine the slayage if they had a video just shaking those hips and tapping those boots :giveup:

live and let live

Sneaky Oliver

The longer the song is, the more she's going to cut it on the tour :laughga:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

GAGAISTHEBESTYA
29 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

Am I the only one who is a LIIIIIILLL bit annoyed by the fact that Gaga doesn't have many 'long' songs. With 'long' songs I actually mean songs in the style of for example Live To Tell. 

Idk why but her recent songs are just too short and lack like a big only-instrumental part imo. How flawless would perfect illusion be if it was 1-2 minutes longer + a longer intro + outro? 

I came across this version of DIC and I'm SHOOOOKKKK:

I'm not saying her songs are BAD because they're too short, I just believe that it would be on another level if they were longer + had more only-instrumental parts.

UPDATE: I'm not saying EVERY song should be +5 minutes, just that some short songs deserved to be longer to really create a bigger atmosphere. Does it make sense what I'm saying? lol

The first 40 secs are very catchy . I like it <3 

FOLLOW MY TWITTER FOR RADIO UPDATES <3

Archived