💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga + 'short' songs

MaybeKermit

Featured Posts

PI is a short song because it's very loud and can get the ears tired very quickly. It was smart of them to keep it short.

SpookyKid

I would love longer songs and songs with different structures, not just the pop formula

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Mistress Dita

Yes I agree. Most of Madonna's songs are pretty long and I really enjoy that. I feel that it shows that the artist is more inspired and creatove cause they can create longer sets of lyrics and stories. 

RouboRoubo

ARTPOP had some pretty long songs like MaryJaneHolland and Swine.

I think the fact she now has significantly shorter songs has to do with her wanting to make her music more accessible and digestible

BTW had long songs.. i mean, for "POP" standards. The "Normal" song has like 3:20 for the radio.

The shortest song on BTW was Scheisse with 3:46.

Most of the songs were 5 minutes and that's actually really different if u check around. I Like some old songs but I think it kinda depends.

Thinking right now of these remixes from BTW:TR. Pretty sure the Americano one was like 7 minutes. And I heard somewhere a MTN remix that had like 11 minutes and I swear that it was real :emma:

Spoiler

off topic but the fact that The Weeknd remixed MTN... I wish they could work together somehow

and yes the remix is bad because it really don't fit the song, but it's interesting.

littlepotter
1 hour ago, Funkymonkey said:

Am I the only one who is a LIIIIIILLL bit annoyed by the fact that Gaga doesn't have many 'long' songs. With 'long' songs I actually mean songs in the style of for example Live To Tell. 

Idk why but her recent songs are just too short and lack like a big only-instrumental part imo. How flawless would perfect illusion be if it was 1-2 minutes longer + a longer intro + outro? 

I came across this version of DIC and I'm SHOOOOKKKK:

I'm not saying her songs are BAD because they're too short, I just believe that it would be on another level if they were longer + had more only-instrumental parts.

UPDATE: I'm not saying EVERY song should be +5 minutes, just that some short songs deserved to be longer to really create a bigger atmosphere. Does it make sense what I'm saying? lol

I was kind of disappointed by the Joanne song lengths at first but now I appreciate them. Imagine if every song was like this :saladga: whtat's good about them is they get straight to the point and leave you wanting more. This just makes me itch to press stop.

chaeri pls

littlepotter
13 minutes ago, NeverTypical said:

So instead of listening to my favorite songs because of excess, its easy to listen to all of Joanne together instead.

Tea!

chaeri pls

ToxicHot

Perfect Illusion should've been longer tbh. It ends too abruptly, but the energy is great. Tp1BuV6.png

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Decodekid

DIC NEEDS TO BE SINGLE YALL HATERS SAYING ITS TOO DIRTY BUT YALL WANTED SEXXX DREAMS TO BE A SINGLE

Im Harol don't tell anyone

MaybeKermit
On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Sneaky Oliver said:

The longer the song is, the more she's going to cut it on the tour :laughga:

Lmao:toofunny: forgot about thay

MaybeKermit
23 hours ago, ToxicHot said:

Perfect Illusion should've been longer tbh. It ends too abruptly, but the energy is great. Tp1BuV6.png

I think the fact that its so full of energy and short is quite cool. It really leaves you with a YAS feeling

however; the instrumental is just too perfect to not make it longer :giveup:

MaybeKermit
On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 6:24 PM, Mistress Dita said:

Yes I agree. Most of Madonna's songs are pretty long and I really enjoy that. I feel that it shows that the artist is more inspired and creatove cause they can create longer sets of lyrics and stories. 

I dont really think it means that Gaga is 'less creative'. Those long Madonna songs are just sooo good because they create this whole world while you're listening to them!

Infinity Wave
On 23/1/2017 at 5:41 PM, Funkymonkey said:

Am I the only one who is a LIIIIIILLL bit annoyed by the fact that Gaga doesn't have many 'long' songs. With 'long' songs I actually mean songs in the style of for example Live To Tell. 

Idk why but her recent songs are just too short and lack like a big only-instrumental part imo. How flawless would perfect illusion be if it was 1-2 minutes longer + a longer intro + outro? 

I came across this version of DIC and I'm SHOOOOKKKK:

I'm not saying her songs are BAD because they're too short, I just believe that it would be on another level if they were longer + had more only-instrumental parts.

UPDATE: I'm not saying EVERY song should be +5 minutes, just that some short songs deserved to be longer to really create a bigger atmosphere. Does it make sense what I'm saying? lol

I agree with you in part, cuz I like long songs, but I don't like instrumental breaks that much.

btw that's a great "remix" - even tho the intro is too long imo - but still great!

Colourful

As many of you have said, the reason why Perfect Illusion is short and why it works is because it's very loud, in your face, it's like a punch after punch after punch. I love that song and I really understand that "adrenalin rush" Gaga was talking about before its release.

I'm not at all that bothered about the lenght of her songs. 

Archived