💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Could a SB halftime show have saved the ARTPOP era?

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale

What if Gaga was announced as a Super Bowl Halftime headliner around the time ARTPOP was released in 2013, and did the 2014 halftime in place of Bruno Mars. I think it would've completely altered the course of the era and Gaga's career as a whole. What do you guys think? 

Born To Slay

I agree, it would've completely revived the era and made Gaga on Beyoncé's  level.

Justin Drew Bieber

Wasn't she a little over exposed in 2013? :huh: I think it's better now because she's done many acclaimed performances since then and people can discover them and her jazz album and see that it's the real deal. Back then they would have just seen ARTPOP and the other eras before it :gaysia:

sipthistea

Why do people still talk about ARTPOP as if it was a big failure?

Gaga delivered great moments during the era. 

GagaTheExplorer
51 minutes ago, Majora said:

Back then they would have just seen ARTPOP and the other eras before it :gaysia:

so?:duck:

Blahwhatever22

Yes. It most definitely would have, ARTPOP would probably gotten another hit from it as well.

Justin Drew Bieber
Just now, GagaTheExplorer said:

so?:duck:

You don't prefer for them to see her work now? :/ idk how to explain it or if I'm explaining it right but I'm trying to say that I think it's better she did it this year since she hasn't really been in the public eye and she isn't over exposed and she has a lot more music/performances that people would love 

No it would of been a waste. I love ARTPOP (album) but she herself was not in the right mind set. Even her body language and performance ability was rather "off" during the AP era. It was not sharp ..it felt very improvised (which is fun for a tour but not for the Super Bowl)

Dorothy Gale
1 minute ago, sipthistea said:

Why do people still talk about ARTPOP as if it was a big failure?

Gaga delivered great moments during the era. 

Well we got two music videos and only one hit song. Plus Gaga was in a pretty bad place and media backlash was immense. It wasn't marketed well and then fallout is what caused Gaga's continuing image rehab. 

yeah that would have helped but I honestly I wished the Superbowl happened in 2012 during the Born This Way era

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

PartySick
3 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

Well we got two music videos and only one hit song. Plus Gaga was in a pretty bad place and media backlash was immense. It wasn't marketed well and then fallout is what caused Gaga's continuing image rehab. 

Yeah, ARTPOP is still my favorite album and my favorite era but even I know it fell short of it's massive potential. At least, commercially speaking :spin:

I think if everything had gone as planned and if you threw in a Superbowl performance, ARTPOP would've brought the world to its knees :giveup: If everything stayed the same but you threw in the HTS on top of it...Idk, I guess G.U.Y. would've had more success and the artRAVE might've sold out faster? But that's the only things I can think of :shrug: Maybe it would've given the era enough longevity to squeeze out Gypsy as a moderately successful single/video :nick:

🖤

actually, no, i think it's better now that people really recognizes her as one of the best performance artist alive

... and now i just sit in silence.

Archived