💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne > ARTPOP

Nono

Featured Posts

CakeLikeLG

lady-gaga-promotes-joanne-in-japan-01.jp

I enjoyed both eras but yeah when it comes to serving good looks Joannega is more consistent while ARTPOPga was... special

lady-gaga-artpop-flop-2013-6dd5247ea629aaeca0c4850e7bb14626a997f9183c165.jpg

live each day like Gaga might drop an album

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Panchecco

that is true, I feel she has always used fashion to represent her emotional state - how she felt inside in that moment. 

ARTPOP Era was messy and she was depressed and she felt like a bird in a cage so the result was explosion of colors, absurd wigs with random things in them and over the top make-up. She looked like an abstract paiting.

Joanne instead is very clean and precise (it's not perfect but still)... she feels calmer and more "at peace"; even if few songs are full of rage/resentment/sadness she is in control of her emotions and her work and she appears more comfortable and less caotic as the result.

9 minutes ago, CakeLikeLG said:

lady-gaga-promotes-joanne-in-japan-01.jp

I enjoyed both eras but yeah when it comes to serving good looks Joanne is more consistent while ARTPOP...

lady-gaga-artpop-flop-2013-6dd5247ea629aaeca0c4850e7bb14626a997f9183c165.jpg

Y'all picking the best looks from the Joanne era and the worst look from the ARTPOP era. :smh:

It's like doing this:
lady-gaga-promotes-her-new-album-artpop-

001.jpg

I love the fact that she is stripped down this time, but y'all acting ARTPOP was 100% mess. 

CakeLikeLG
Just now, Dutch said:

Y'all picking the best looks from the Joanne Era and the worst look form the ARTPOP era. :smh:

It's like:
b051476f36163835641bf15d1ca639de.jpg001.jpg

I love the fact that she is stripped down this time, but y'all acting ARTPOP was 100% mess. 

I only said she is more consistent now which is true.

Meanwhile this was all one era

292263bcbe07aaee_gagahairmask.jpg

Lady-Gaga-outfit-August-23-2013-rehearsa

xoxo cupcakke
25 minutes ago, Kristoxic said:

ARTPOP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joanne 

tumblr_ojzrikKGvw1ql5yr7o1_r1_500.gif

Roses are red

Your mind ain't thinking

Trash on Joanne

tumblr_ojzpy2UIx31ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Just now, CakeLikeLG said:

Lady-Gaga-outfit-August-23-2013-rehearsa

Yeah, you right, I forgot to read, my bad. I'm sorry. :sweat:

Still, I like the diversity from ARTPOP more than the three looks from Joanne (pink hat, gym outfits, and crop tops).

OMonster
4 minutes ago, CakeLikeLG said:

If it wasn't for the bizarre mask / headpiece, this would've been a really great look from Gaga. 

I love and adore her avant-garde fashion, but this really lacked any substance. What statement is that? I didn't get it... and it looked too strange. 

subtext / fantasy

BuzzcutSeason

Fashion-wise i prefer the beginning of this era to all of ARTPOP. I gotta say it though, to be honest the pink hat does not do her well. I like it on the album cover but she just wears it whenever and i like her hair TAKE OFF THE HAT.

RochestrMonstr

I agree with the original post. I do love some of the looks during the ARTPOP era, especially the seashell bikini/big hair combination. 

But in all honesty, I think she looks so happy and healthy and all-around pretty with the Joanne era. I don't need ridiculous whimsical costumes for this girl to amaze me. She does that with her voice (which is showcased MUCH better on Joanne). I loved how beautiful she looked while performing A-YO on SNL, not to mention the VS show and AMA's. 

And I love the pink hat! (Which is NOT a cowboy hat by the way!)

CakeLikeLG
1 minute ago, OMonster said:

If it wasn't for the bizarre mask / headpiece, this would've been a really great look from Gaga. 

I love and adore her avant-garde fashion, but this really lacked any substance. What statement is that? I didn't get it... and it looked too strange. 

I totally agree, it was just random

1 hour ago, OMonster said:

You know, you're totally right here and you put that in a very refreshing way. 

I will admit that I am a huge fan of Gaga's avant-garde fashion. I find real escapism in seeing a superstar doing something different and outlandish. It makes you suddenly feel like less of an outsider in many ways. More superficially, Gaga's crazy looks are just so artistic and iconic.

But you're right. In ARTPOP, Gaga was not living or breathing the fashion. Having just watched the leaked clip from the Birmingham ARTRave, it's very clear to me that she didn't like what she was doing or what she was wearing. This time round, she is comfortable and committed to the rock chick, care free style. 

She's living for herself and it's really great to see in her fashion. 

Hide contents

Musically, I appreciate both albums on the same level. They show two polar opposites to Gaga and I like that we have a musical representation of that. We know the Lady Stefani and we know the Superstar Gaga. It's great and adds to her versatility in a way that no other artist could show. 

Agree sis :hug:

Caesium

Poor ARTPOP. Will the bullying ever stop?

#promoteonlinekindness

CvBecWiUAAA444_.jpg

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Archived