💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga tweets about Women's march

lego

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Monday's tweet will be to congratulate the people of France for taking the throne from Marie Antoinette.

To be fair Marie had no power, the only thing the misunderstood queen did was spend money she nor the country had. If she was older she probably could have seen the problems her country faced. Plus at the end of the day, she was a kid having fun.

DiscoHeaven23
3 minutes ago, Misaki said:

To be fair Marie had no power, the only thing the misunderstood queen did was spend money she nor the country had. If she was older she probably could have seen the problems her country faced. Plus at the end of the day, she was a kid having fun.

I actually find Marie fascinating so that was a bad example haha. But the people did have a false impression of her, which angered them (I.e. Let them eat cake, which she never said), so from their point of view, it was a success. (and of course Louis was the one in charge)

I am happy that she acknowledged this. I wonder where she is now. This is a big time in history and Lady Gaga should be a part of it all.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Letmelivemylife
20 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

Im ready for this tbh.

So so ready. 

Her latest Instagram post made a reference to "only family up on stage". I think that's her way of saying "don't **** with my family bio or not." That's the great thing about gaga. She's not afraid to rattle cages and make her point be heard. She had her little protest after trump won but now that he's actually president, she's not playing anymore. The big guns are coming out now

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

PopBitch
39 minutes ago, Misaki said:

It's pretty much known that she'll make a political statement at the SuperBowl.

Like come on, it's Gaga we're talking about. Her career is one huge risk that managed to pay off for the better of society.

I don't know that she will.  More Republicans there than Democrats.  It's a football game and she's just the entertainment.

After 9/11, U2 did that wonderful performance at the Super Bowl, but it was to uplift America, who was reeling from terrible loss and tragedy.

Judas Society

I have been more of a lurker in GGD for a couple of years since beginning of ARTPOP. But I have been a monster since Born This Way. Learning about Lady Gaga after her peak (TFM days), made me a stronger fan because I supported her during the start of her backlash. I grew up as a Christian and I have always been fighting within between my Christian upbringing and my homosexuality. It was BTW that made me see that I'm not an abomination and that God created me this way. That I am natural.

I probably don't quite share the feeling of wanting her to go back to her social dominance of 2009-2010 because I am a fan of her movement and voice more than her pop songs. That being said, I do love her songs, from TFM and BTW, to ARTPOP and very much so Joanne. I guess I grew up loving songs that are not always the most popular, I mean I was pretty much absent from pop culture when she was doing Poker Face and Paparazzi. I was listening to a lot of 80s hair metal at that time and Bad Romance got my attention before being really blown away by her BTW performance at the Grammys. Speechless performance at the Vevo launch was what made me a real stan because that was when I realize she's not the generic pop star that I thought she was during her TF days.

I decided to join because I just want to make a statement after reading how some fans wanted her to show up at the Women's March. Yes, I think it would be great to see her support along some of the other pop culture greats. But then I thought, she has always protested when nobody else was protesting. She is always ahead of everyone else.

She voiced out for gay rights when the GP wasn't giving it any attention, going as far as making a prominent mainstream pop song with the words "gay, straight, bi,
lesbian, transgendered life" loud and clear. She fought for body positivity before Meghan Trainor made a statement about the photoshopping of her waist in her music video, before Ashley Graham made it into the GPs attention about feeling beautiful in her curves. She protested against Trump outside the Trump Tower right after Trump won the election, before anyone else begin protested.

This is not to say other artists are bandwagoners. We have to respect Cher and Madonna who has paved the way for artists like Gaga, who has spoken out and fought for rights during their time. Likewise other artists were inspired by Gaga and followed suit.

But what I want to say is, just because she didn't join the march, doesn't mean she's fake. The fact that she fights when nobody else was fighting gains my respect. Most of the backlash happened because society was not ready for the statements she was making. She's a leader, not a follower.

thatfoxyfeeling
38 minutes ago, Judas Society said:

I have been more of a lurker in GGD for a couple of years since beginning of ARTPOP. But I have been a monster since Born This Way. Learning about Lady Gaga after her peak (TFM days), made me a stronger fan because I supported her during the start of her backlash. I grew up as a Christian and I have always been fighting within between my Christian upbringing and my homosexuality. It was BTW that made me see that I'm not an abomination and that God created me this way. That I am natural.

I probably don't quite share the feeling of wanting her to go back to her social dominance of 2009-2010 because I am a fan of her movement and voice more than her pop songs. That being said, I do love her songs, from TFM and BTW, to ARTPOP and very much so Joanne. I guess I grew up loving songs that are not always the most popular, I mean I was pretty much absent from pop culture when she was doing Poker Face and Paparazzi. I was listening to a lot of 80s hair metal at that time and Bad Romance got my attention before being really blown away by her BTW performance at the Grammys. Speechless performance at the Vevo launch was what made me a real stan because that was when I realize she's not the generic pop star that I thought she was during her TF days.

I decided to join because I just want to make a statement after reading how some fans wanted her to show up at the Women's March. Yes, I think it would be great to see her support along some of the other pop culture greats. But then I thought, she has always protested when nobody else was protesting. She is always ahead of everyone else.

She voiced out for gay rights when the GP wasn't giving it any attention, going as far as making a prominent mainstream pop song with the words "gay, straight, bi,
lesbian, transgendered life" loud and clear. She fought for body positivity before Meghan Trainor made a statement about the photoshopping of her waist in her music video, before Ashley Graham made it into the GPs attention about feeling beautiful in her curves. She protested against Trump outside the Trump Tower right after Trump won the election, before anyone else begin protested.

This is not to say other artists are bandwagoners. We have to respect Cher and Madonna who has paved the way for artists like Gaga, who has spoken out and fought for rights during their time. Likewise other artists were inspired by Gaga and followed suit.

But what I want to say is, just because she didn't join the march, doesn't mean she's fake. The fact that she fights when nobody else was fighting gains my respect. Most of the backlash happened because society was not ready for the statements she was making. She's a leader, not a follower.

The best first post on this forum. :applause: 

Judas Society
3 minutes ago, JamesFox said:

The best first post on this forum. :applause: 

Thank you so much! :hug:

Archived