đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga FB page claims Joanne is critically acclaimed

Caesium

Featured Posts

Caesium
Just now, Emigrante said:

I remember meltdowns about how unprofessional those reviews were. 

I remember meltdowns about how people were mad Gaga wasn't receiving the sort of acclaim they expected from a stripped back era with all the over the top aspects of past eras gone. People were just annoyed at journalists because they weren't giving it 4/5 stars most of the time because they wanted a Metacritic score to brag about

And that's the funny thing. If Joanne had received a higher score (75+) on Metacritic, that receipt would be thrown around daily whenever anyone tried to drag Joanne. But just because it was lower than everyone wanted all of a sudden Metacritic is "not an accurate way of recording reviews" and critics are "unprofessional!!11111"

giphy.gif

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Emigrante
10 minutes ago, Caesium said:

I remember meltdowns about how people were mad Gaga wasn't receiving the sort of acclaim they expected from a stripped back era with all the over the top aspects of past eras gone. People were just annoyed at journalists because they weren't giving it 4/5 stars most of the time because they wanted a Metacritic score to brag about

And that's the funny thing. If Joanne had received a higher score (75+) on Metacritic, that receipt would be thrown around daily whenever anyone tried to drag Joanne. But just because it was lower than everyone wanted all of a sudden Metacritic is "not an accurate way of recording reviews" and critics are "unprofessional!!11111"

giphy.gif

don't measure other people by your own yardstick

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

LaLuna
11 minutes ago, Caesium said:

giphy.gif

I'm sorry but a lot of the reviews were unprofessional. Many critics talked more about Gaga herself than about Joanne, and a lot of them clearly hate Gaga and couldn't be bothered to look for one positive thing to say about the album. 

On 1/21/2017 at 3:50 PM, Caesium said:

Then what does?

Certainly not Metacritic.  Some of it's reviewers are known to be non-objective, biased, stans of certain artists, who's reviews are no more truthful than tabloid journalism.

I live outside the space time continuum.

2 hours ago, Scathach said:

I'm sorry but a lot of the reviews were unprofessional. Many critics talked more about Gaga herself than about Joanne, and a lot of them clearly hate Gaga and couldn't be bothered to look for one positive thing to say about the album. 

Exactly.

I live outside the space time continuum.

DrewStevens

Well tbh most critics had good reviews about the music itself. The mixed reviews usually critiqued her persona while reviewing.

I mean but are any of her albums critically acclaimed according to Metacritic?

If we're to go by that, this statement would've been false no matter what album the Facebook post used.

Based on that, I'm not getting the point the OP is attempting to make. 

Archived