šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Celebrity worship syndrome and your interest in Gaga

Katie14

Featured Posts

Panchecco
50 minutes ago, DoWhatYouWant said:

I think this is true for people who are obsessed to the point where they will want to stalk a celebrities family/friends etc etc.Ā 

I agree with this.Ā I consider myself to be quite obsessed with Lady Gaga but I would never in my life stalk her or her family, if I saw her somewhere I probably wouldn't even have the courage to talk to her

In my personal experience I would say that yes, many fans might have this syndrome and I definitely relate to a few symptoms but the point is that I don't see Gaga as a celebrity, and I never have. I've always seen her as a muse or a guide and (sometimes) as a motherly figure and not in a creepy way - meaning that I think she is my actual mom - but in the sense that without her this version of me that is living in this moment would have never existed. She completely changed (in a positive way) my general outlook on life, art and how we (as capable human beings) should behave in front of diversities... let alone my sexuality - IĀ knew I was different somehow but I would have never imagined to be reaching my twenties knowing that I was gay - without her I wouldĀ still be trying to figure out who I am and what I want to do with my life.

Spoiler

I still have to come out Ā but that's another storyĀ :sis:

Because of that, I feel deeply connected to her but not in a sense that I pretend to be her best friend or something, I just feel her presence in my life, every single day... and that's a good thing for me. Yes I am very depressed sometimes - mostly becauseĀ I feel like I'm stuck and I don't know how to set myself freeĀ - but the sense of community I feel going on twitter or facebook or here on GGD makes me feel happy and not alone.

I also feel that, since I've always been a pretty creative person, I've always "used" Gaga as a tool for my creativity.... it's like I can charge my creativity level by studying her performances/looks/and even her words + her songs literally helped me expand my imagination (songs like Venus can literally make me tripĀ out toĀ another dimension - a place where I can always come to find inspiration and bravery)

So, am I addicted to Lady Gaga?Ā 
Probably yes but it's the kind of addiction that help me stay sane rather than go mad.Ā 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Panchecco
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

Can the fans be blamed in the case where the celebrity spent an entire album era promoting a 'special connection' with fans?Ā 

We all know the fans who criticize her the most, most commonly known as 'little managers',Ā are thoseĀ she 'breeded' during the Born This Way era. They can't let go of that connection she promised and then kind of gave up.

I wanted to say this but I couldn't find the words

I agree 100% she is the one that started calling herself Mother Monster and us her Little Monsters

Gagadonna

I was already aware of that symptom. This is crazy and so relatable for some (not for me tho).Ā 

OMonster
33 minutes ago, princetomc said:

i'm basically writing my dissertation on this lol even Gagadailys in it

Wow, really? That's so interesting!Ā 

What degree are you studying?Ā 

Tell me more.Ā :giveup:

subtext / fantasy

Katie14
1 minute ago, Panchecco said:

I wanted to say this but I could find the words

I agree 100% she is the one that started calling herself Mother Monster and us her Little Monsters

I was 19 during BTW and completely lonely, depressed, and feeling disconnected from the world. I absorbed myself into the world of Gaga to survive, basically. It was perfect (or terrible) timing for me. I don't think I ever would have become so obsessed if it wasn't for her basically encouraging the obsession during the exact time when I needed an obsession. Now im so invested, even though things are better for me, I don't think I will ever stop being interested in her.Ā I can't be upset with her about it though. Her intentions were good and its not her fault so many of us have addictive personalities. She was also going through her own **** anyway at the time.Ā 

It should also be noted that Gaga herself has a LOT of mental health issues. I don't think it's coincidence that most of the fans share that too.Ā 

Her music, visuals and opinionsĀ are always affected by her mindset and her mental illness, as she has shared before. That is somehow being transfered to us, in a rather indirect way through her art.

Personally I've been following her since she started, through all the ups and downs and delusions and masterpieces. I grew up inhaling that, listening that, and it sure has had an impact on the way I think and act. I mean, she was there through my entire adolescence and now I'm 24 so...

Everyone reacts different to the same stimulus, so maybe for some people it could have caused/transfered issues, and for other just pure joy or personal improvement.Ā 

I think it's safe to say that most of us share a bit of both.

I'm not sure which place or who the frick am I to say this, but they mustn't forget they have their own lives to worry about. It's not Gaga's blood that's running in their veins. By all means, it's okay to check up on her sales from time to time, but they shouldn't forget to check themselves either. It's not healthy taking other people's lives seriously more than one's selves. Gaga would not approve of this if she knew this stuff has been going on.

While it's not all of us, there's no denying that a lot fans are like this. If things psychologically went that way for them, then I pray for their emotional needs. :noparty:

Have a hug :hug:

Ā 

Squeeshy Keety

I'm not obsessed with her in such a way because her success is just a bonus, and I am able to recognize that she's human with flaws who sometimes can't live up to fans' (astronomical) expectations. Her career is her business, and other entertainers do not have nearly the same pressure to please their fans. I guess I think of her more as an old friend/"motherly" figure than an obsession.Ā 

I doĀ feel emotionally attached to her and feel genuine love for her despite never interacting with her. She has given me so much inspiration to express myself the way I like, come to terms with my sexuality,Ā and settle into my role as an "outcast" as comfortably as I can. She has had an immense impact on my life, and I can't imagine any other celebrity being able to do the same.

I hate being called a fan who loves everything she does just because she's Gaga because the truth is sinceĀ I am familiar with her character and all she has given me, I will always respect what she does. It makes me sad that some "stan cards" are at risk just because of a few things they don't like because I will always stand by her.Ā 

Spoiler

Gosh, I did not expect to type so longĀ :sweat:

Ā 

They / Them šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

Sneaky Oliver
38 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

I also feel that, since I've always been a pretty creative person, I've always "used" Gaga as a tool for my creativity.... it's like I can charge my creativity level by studying her performances/looks/and even her words + her songs literally helped me expand my imagination (songs like Venus can literally make me tripĀ out toĀ another dimension - a place where I can always come to find inspiration and bravery)

Oh I really can relate to your post! Gaga is like a friend for me even though I've never seen her live. She helps me with my personalĀ issues and with my own art! A true motherly figure as you saidĀ :wub:Ā 

Iā€™m on my Legacy Act era

Anastasia

I think the only time I was really disturbed was when someone said they were tweeting at her family to check on her because of the work she was getting done on her faceĀ :awkney:

I don't think I have this issue, but I've also never been really into pop culture anyways. Though it does truly bother me when I feel like the industry or GP doesn't respect her talentĀ :shrug:

FATWIFE, First Lady Of GGD

blackstar

I was thining about this "syndrome" for a while but I never knew it was a real thing. Yes, I'm coping with depression and anxiety and maybe I'm just trying to escape the real problems. Okay, I'm low-key worried right now. :wtf:Ā Overthinking in 3, 2, 1...Ā :eww:

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

Letmelivemylife
1 hour ago, Katie14 said:

I agree. I think a lot of usĀ feel a deeper than normal sense of pride when Gaga does well and feel so attached to her that when she "flops" many fans feel like they are failures in some way.Ā 

In a way it was hard not to get attached to gaga. She's so easy to get attached too. She saw how broken we were and she created a "home" of sorts where we could be loved for who we are. I mean how many celebrities wish their fans a merry Xmas with a homemade video? How many celebrities openly say I love you and shower their fans in hugs? Not a lot I'll tell you that right now lol. I truly do think that the bond that was created between us and gaga is something very special and unique to only us. She once said that she would look out into the crowd and see a bunch of little "hers" staring back at her so I think we had a special bond from the beginning. Hope that makes sense. Meds are making it hard to be coherent today lol

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Katie14
1 minute ago, blackstar said:

I was thining about this "syndrome" for a while but I never knew it was a real thing. Yes, I'm coping with depression and anxiety and maybe I'm just trying to escape the real problems. Okay, I'm low-key worried right now. :wtf:Ā Overthinking in 3, 2, 1...Ā :eww:

I am kind of worried too and i don't think you are overthinking anything. There are so many things we could be obsessed with and addicted to, like drugs, self harm, gambling. All these addictions are coping mechanisms or ways to escape the pains of reality. I am interested in understanding why people choose, or are forced into one addiction over another. Anyway, at least there are positives to being obsessed with Gaga.

Archived