💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Forbes defends 'A Dog's Purpose ' stunt!

TCHIKITAH

Featured Posts

TCHIKITAH

"It’s funny how brief footage of a dog’s discomfort has the power to cause such intense emotion when pigs, cows, and chickens are being methodically mistreated and slaughtered by the thousand, every day. (Just for the record, I am a proud carnivore). Our attitudes toward animal and even human injustice seem hilariously hypocritical at best

The dog in this video is a pretty good allegory for the confused state the media has fallen into; thrown into turbulent waters, unsure which way is up. An edited piece of footage of a fairly innocuous event igniting an extreme emotional response, clogging a million message boards with all-caps rants. It’s a story we’ve seen before, far too many times."

Read full article here:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danidiplacido/2017/01/19/a-dogs-purpose-video-controversy-is-pure-hypocrisy/

I hate when people use one injustice as an excuse for another. Can't they both be wrong? Isn't vegetarianism becoming more popular? What an idiotic statement. 

DrewStevens

Is t hypocritical to care about dogs and now cows? Yes.

Is to bad to care about dogs? No.

I hate this type of mentality. 

I get it's hypocritical, but does mean we shouldn't be upset and cause an uproar for this situation? :oprah: 

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

He isn't wrong to point out hypocrisy when it comes to animal rights.

Y'all should be in an uproar over both situations and you know it.

Dorothy Gale

So they're a proud carnivore but think animals are mistreated in factory farming? So they're proud of what they're contributing to?

Gov Hooka
7 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:

I mean I don't disagree thinking about it logically. 

He's incorrect logically speaking if he tries to excuse the behavior against the dog. Yes it is hypocritical, that's correct. but logically it doesn't make sense to say that you can mistreat a dog because you're not against mistreating cows, pigs, and chickens. That's a logical fallacy

DemeLarell
1 minute ago, Gov Hooka said:

He's incorrect logically speaking if he tries to excuse the behavior against the dog. Yes it is hypocritical, that's correct. but logically it doesn't make sense to say that you can mistreat a dog because you're not against mistreating cows, pigs, and chickens. That's a logical fallacy

Explain the logical fallacy please. I don't think he is dismissing the treatment of the dog, but rather calling out the hypocrisy. We can get so emotional over one dog when animal abuse has been going on for ages and nobody even bats an eye for all of the other animals abused. Don't get me wrong, I hate what happened to that dog, but that's how I feel towards all abused animals. 

41 minutes ago, Shadowcrest said:

That wasn't a defense, that was an excuse. A dumb ass one at that. :nails:

I'm bald!!! Go off!!

Ok but side note why would you be proud to eat animals? It comes off as this passive-aggressive way of saying "I won't let y'all modern hippie vegans tell me what to do!" I've never met a vegetarian or vegan who felt the need to feel "pride" for their eating behavior, but you do you I guess..

RAMROD

I did too. Sone people overreact much just like those people who cries animal abuse at every cats or dogs videos on youtube that do things not up to their standards, probably the same people tbh, all these crazy cats and dogs ladies :ladyhaha:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

We're entitled to our own opinions, and my opinion in this matter is that the two situations are the opposite to each other. One is about animals being mistreated and slaughtered by slaughterhouses which do not claim to be animal-friendly at all. The other one is a movie that is supposed to be about friendship between man and dog, it was supposed to be animal-friendly. They don't need any stunt to do great. The argument is very much bs to me.

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

Archived