Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Art Pop From Other Artists

sillynate

Featured Posts

sillynate

So I was watching this video for the first time in years, and I started thinking, "is this art and pop coming together?" 

Visually, of course. That Rapunzel imagery really got me :) lyrically and sonically, the song seems a little basic.

Anyone agree/disagree? 

Also, anyone have other examples of ARTPOP from other artists? :)

TropicOfCANCER

I mean....art pop, as defined by gaga, is the inverse of pop art. So instead of putting pop culture into art, it's putting art into pop culture. I don't see how Gwen is referencing any art in this video? 

TropicOfCANCER

Also, this is somewhat related to your thread but not specifically, but it annoys me how people think that ARTPOP is strictly about referencing pop art. It's not. It's about using ANY art from ANY time period. Hence why the birth of Venus, from the 15th century, was one of the main references during the era. 

holy scheisse
3 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Also, this is somewhat related to your thread but not specifically, but it annoys me how people think that ARTPOP is strictly about referencing pop art. It's not. It's about using ANY art from ANY time period. Hence why the birth of Venus, from the 15th century, was one of the main references during the era. 

but... but....

"ARTPOP is what you have left to create. It doesn’t even exist yet. ARTPOP is that thing you’ve been meaning to do, it’s the idea that you’ve had, that you haven’t put on paper yet, or that you haven’t sang or danced. And that’s why it can be anything- because no one can tell you what it will be, except for you." -Lady Gaga at the artRave

ARTPOP as a concept is meaningless. she didnt even know what it meant she was too high all the time to have a coherent concept. (not shade, i can relate to that).

I find Baby Don't Lie more ARTPOP than TSE..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Chromatislaps
31 minutes ago, RouboRoubo said:

Bjork has always been putting ART in the front

giphy.gif?w=320

this and Kate Bush too :firega: 

if we go under gaga's meaning of ARTPOP, jay z's holy grail - carta magna comes to mind

good album,you all should take a listen

... and now i just sit in silence.

androiduser

Bjork, Kate Bush, David Bowie, Grace Jones, even Madonna.... it's really  not a new concept, and they delivered more iconic music and images than Gaga during ARTPOP .... And previous Gaga albums were more ARTPOP than ARTPOP was.

Battle 4 Ur Life

this is more a standard video than actual art pop. its like, fashion pop but not ARTPOP.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, sillynate said:

lyrically and sonically, the song seems a little basic

384669-gwen-stefani-cause-i-ve-been-acti

384699-gwen-stefani-it-s-your-fault-you-

is iconic. Try again

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, holyscheisse said:

ARTPOP as a concept is meaningless. she didnt even know what it meant she was too high all the time to have a coherent concept. (not shade, i can relate to that)

well to be fair, art can be anything

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived