Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everyone who thinks Gaga is a flop now..Think again

JAMES1993

Featured Posts

JAMES1993

I have seen people say Joanne flopped and Gaga's streaming power is very weak nowadays. And they could be right on some things, Joanne is not a flop though it has more longetivity than ARTPOP and it's selling alot better than ARTPOP. It's certified Gold in the US alot faster than ARTPOP. If they wanna call an album a flop or an artist why aren't they talking about Britney Spears Glory, it's no longer on the billboard 200 chart and Britney most likely won't release anymore singles. Gaga has had ten times more success than Britney, they are talking about Gaga because she is relevant. If anyone's talking about Gaga she isn't a flop. And I love Britney I'm not trying to shade it's just a fact guys. And my biggest point I wanna make is, When Gaga did the national anthem the general public was living they loved her again. So when she does the halftime show performs her old hits and her new songs, the world will finally remember Gaga and love her again. Then I guarantee you she will have a number one hit from Joanne it may tlbe the third single AYO that will be number one I know she will perform that song without a doubt and it's obviously the next single. And Joanne will probably re enter the top 5, possibly number one spot on the 200 chart again. And it'll be Platinum status real fast. I even think it'll be possible some of her old hits could re enter the hot 100. Perfect Illusion could re enter and become a top 10 hit. I'm telling you people who think she's flopping will be blown away when she performs the halftime show and she becomes the biggest artist ever again like she was before I remember when everyone use to talk about Gaga all the time, I do see it's not a household name as when it was when she first started. But I'm telling you a billion people are apparently watching the Superbowl this year so Gaga will be known again and the world will go Gaga again I bet you 100% I've already heard alot of people saying they are excited for the halftime show because the past couple years was kinda boring they know Gaga will blow this **** up. 

Recognizing the chaotic, fractal nature of our world can give us new insight, power, and wisdom. -Chaos Theory

SlaeUrAnus

After Gaga's quick rise to fame and phenomenonal success in the early days of her career, the GP have always anticipated her comedown. 

Even though she is selling more than her contemporaries, people still label her a flop because she is not selling as much at The Fame or The Fame Monster. 

You cannot reason with these sort of people even if you show them receipts.

In my messy era.

Tokyo Rose

I think she needs the mentality back from before she was famous, like at the end of the Marry the Night music video.

Back then it wasn't so much about chasing public acclaim, but self expression.

OMonster

Gaga outsells the vast majority of her contemporaries and is of icon, legend status just 10 years into her career. 

A flop? :classy:

The other stans can come back when they can say the same. 

subtext / fantasy

boyerased

She's not flopping, but is flopping to the standards the gp and herself set. When you think Gaga it's always larger than life, bt with Joanne nothing is big.

GhettoFabulous

She is still relevant. My friend from Thailand said MR is really nice and she even has it on her phone

giphy.gif

Of course she is not a flop, but you people are living in a perfect illusion if you think she will have a number one single from Joanne:ladyhaha:

gagzus

She's a solidified icon but her streaming power is most certainly weak if it wasn't then the majority of The Fame singles would be close to diamond by now and Just Dance would've been diamond back in 2015. 

She needs a streaming hit to sustain her success though it's just a fact, she's not a flop but by today's NEEDS to be a digital artist she's certainly behind which is sad since she was the first digital age megastar especially on social media

I don't get why we're so hung up on if she smashes again.

She's far from a flop or a fad, I don't think it's worth even entertaining people who believe that with a response because the only argument is "she's less popular now than she was" yet she still generates a decent amount of sells, hype etc. but once again, I don't see why we even bother entertaining that thought.

Gaga probably could get another #1 single if she set out to do so with people who also want to do that. Will A-YO be a #1? Probably not, I don't think anything on Joanne has the ability to go #1. People expect pop-magic from Gaga and when she doesn't deliver that, it doesn't succeed on the charts. Does that mean Joanne is bad? No, but it's not full of those catchy hooks that she's known for, it doesn't have that exciting new sound etc. Gaga's writing compliments new and exciting music in pop so when she doesn't deliver that new and exciting sound, she doesn't stand up against the current popular sound when she just stands outside of it.

I am rambling a little but basically, to respond to your OP; don't worry about it, it's nothing we should worry about or care about until she does.

Sepsami
30 minutes ago, GhettoFabulous said:

She is still relevant. My friend from Thailand said MR is really nice and she even has it on her phone

giphy.gif

Living for you using that gif everywhere :diane:

Gaga hasn't ever flopped. You guys are little delusionists...

Gaga has always slayed, and always will. Just because your music likes don't match with Gaga's ever changing sound doesn't make her a flop. 

Just because you don't have 100 Number #1s it doesn't make you a flop...

Joanne Slays

Okay

Cheek 2 Cheek Slays

Okay

ARTPOP Slays

Okay

Born This Way Slays

Okay

Fame Monster Slays

Okay

The Fame Slays.....

Okay Gaga albums now lets get in formation. 

Bitches need to stop comin' for Gaga and start enjoying the music... Honestly. 

tumblr_mrxlygecMy1s2whrio1_500.gif

tumblr_lp8p1fmcAL1qcgl1no1_500.gif

tumblr_mqr942wHDH1rcjo9to1_500.gif

tumblr_ofgubo5fkX1ufiit5o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_oi0zqrnthc1tl1wfio1_500.gif

tumblr_nr9liiZUzr1r97zkco1_500.gif

P.S Don't come for any of the Eras. The Eras are like my babys. I will hunt you down if you come for them...

P.SS Honestly, if you wanna bash gaga so much, go to some Madonna forum :reductive: :ladyhaha: 

MonsterPaws
55 minutes ago, JAMES1993 said:

So when she does the halftime show performs her old hits and her new songs, the world will finally remember Gaga and love her again. 

We've heard this a million (reasons stream on spotify now!) times before though :wacko:

Edge Of Venus

ARTPOP was the 25th best selling album in 2013 (released in November)

Joanne was the 27th best selling album in 2016 (released in October)

It's okay if you think Joanne is not a flop but please don't rewrite history and make it sound like ARTPOP did way worse than Joanne or something. Joanne is now selling like 5K per week after the holiday sales. At this point both albums' performances have been similar, except that ARTPOP had 2 moderate hit singles.  

Adele, Taylor and Beyonce have way bigger sales and success. Rihanna's album will push  1.7M pure sales WW when all is said and done and Ariana will probably cross 1.3M. Joanne will probably end up doing 1.2M-1.3M. On top of that these girls have massive streaming powers and hit singles, something that Gaga lacks. 

She went from being the biggest pop star on the planet 6 years ago to now not even being a Top 5 pop girl and it's not fine for ME. I'm not gonna turn a blind eye and say Joanne is a success simply because it's doing better than Britney who debuted a decade earlier. 

Archived