💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why isn't Gaga cool to the GP?

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Edonis
8 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

2011-2013 backlash and blackout hurt her way more than I initially thought. 

It started more in 2011. I remember being in high school, my senior year, and random people were like, "ew, it's a gay song" or whatever. I guess it stuck. Now regarding to imagery, that's something else, but the initial and biggest blow was Born This Way

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DemeLarell

I don't think it has anything to do with Gaga actually. The trend in popular music has changed and Gaga doesn't follow the trends. She starts them. In this case she isn't a part of what's trending now. I still have hope she can rebound back when the trends start to change again. 

ryhanna

Well, she doesn't really have a main market anymore. She only really appeals to her existing fanbase, with a little bit of public support. 

Dorothy Gale
2 minutes ago, ryhanna said:

Well, she doesn't really have a main market anymore. She only really appeals to her existing fanbase, with a little bit of public support. 

Good point. She's too dark and mature for kids, and her gay fanbase turns off a lot of straight men, but she doesn't have the huge female fan base like Bey, so she basically only has the gays, but they're being more hipster nowadays. 

Reality
25 minutes ago, Blahwhatever22 said:

All it takes really is one big hit and people will start crawling back to her. No shade but PI had no chance of appealing to a large audience, She continues to not follows trends and in turn pushes herself away from the commercial market she set up for herself in the first place. 

Which, in my opinion, is great. From is business standpoint, yeah, it's a terrible thing, but I'm not stanning Gaga because she follows trends, and anyone who does, is foolish. Gaga is literally the personification of the word "difference". 

OT: To address the OP, it's also because times are changing. Yes, there are still people, like Beyonce for example, who were popular then, and are still very popular and relevant and "cool" now; however, people come and people go. Gaga's just one of those people who have gone. That's not to say that she's irrelevant, I still think she's a relevant musician—I mean, for God's sake, she's doing the SB Half-time show—but she just isn't at the same popularity she use to be. That could be because she's inherently controversial, and because she's seen as "weird" and "extraordinary", something the GP honestly cannot comprehend too well.

🃏🖤👹

djBuffoon

There's noting cookie-cutter about Gaga. And for that reason, not for lack of talent or quality or effort, there will always be people who don't appreciate her. 

Having said that, Ivf noticed that Joanne and her work with Tony have led to a huge increase in respect. 

ThisGuyTony

Cause she doesn't make that annoying generic music with the annoying repeated "oh-woah-oh" vocal loop over an EDM beat.

Jan Wayne

Sometimes I feel like her own Stans drag her more than her haters :toofunny: to answer your question, she was too overexposed during her debut era ( which was her peak) and she kept alienating her fan base. BTW with supporting the gays, the meltdowns and medicore music during the ARTPOP era and with Joanne I feel like she alienated the gay fan base because she's trying to appeal to middle america. Gag just needs to go back to her roots and serve quality dance pop with great visuals 

Delulu Rogers

BTW purge almost all the gp then ARTPOP tanked and now joanne is tanking...it's no mystery. And she is so messy with promo and timing, the gp does not have patience for her

Dorothy Gale
2 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

BTW purge almost all the gp then ARTPOP tanked and now joanne is tanking...it's no mystery. And she is so messy with promo and timing, the gp does not have patience for her

Her mv timing and lack of videos killed her streaming power. She needs to start collabing and doing consistent videos to regain it. 

Weasel
14 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Cause she doesn't make that annoying generic music with the annoying repeated "oh-woah-oh" vocal loop over an EDM beat.

Not me singing this in the Judas way, the Bad Romance way, the Pokerface way, the Scheiße way. 

Threw general public are basic and ate easily brainwashed. Basic pop  beats with little to no lyrical genius or musicality frequently get played and over played. The occasional gem is flocked to by these basics with their lack of judgement. They don't embark out and find their own music. In the beginning Gaga's music was dignified but cleverly masked with a pop candy shell that made it easy for these basics to swallow because they liked the simple beats, but didn't think about the lyrics or references laced within(The Fame). The more creative she gets the less the GP latches on to her talent and onto the basic beats of what the radio puts down their throats.

10 hours ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I just hate seeing less deserving artists succeed in areas of streaming and GP approval where gaga does not. It seems like artists are more youth oriented than ever, as artists that were starring in Disney/Nickelodeon shows 3 years ago are getting more radio play than Lady ****ing Gaga. It's incredibly frustrating that when I play Gaga songs around my friends they'll like it, but don't know why gaga hasn't been on the radio lately. I just don't know what happened. I just don't understand why people aren't checking for her as much as other artists that aren't good. I'm just feeling disillusioned. She deserves so much more, and if this halftime show doesn't improve this issue I might have a meltdown. 

Because let's be real, those "less deserving artists" are putting out much better music.

Archived