💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Radio station calls Joanne a flop

Delulu Rogers

Featured Posts

MJHolland
18 hours ago, Sepsami said:

??? Every major pop act has a big sale drop in second week like I can't :saladga: It already sold as much as Ariana's DW and has beaten out her peers but ofcourse Gaga flops :madge:

giphy.gif

Hide contents

I guess we could see this as a compliment, in the sense that they expect more from her than the basics :awkney:

Ariana has had hit after hit after hit off that album, PLUS people are still streaming it?

You have to be delusional to not think Joanne flopped:awkney:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Idk is it not the biggest one? And virgin radio is even worse when it comes to playing gaga music. 102.5, 98.1, 93.5, 95.3 and sometimes 103.5 and 104.5 play her pretty often

if you go in london they also have kiss fm and virgin. funny that no imagination just use the same name in different cities on different continent. probably all owned by just a few companies and then they hire the djs who play what they decide is good for business.

19 hours ago, ChrisC said:

So on my way home from school I was listening to kiss 92.5 (Toronto's biggest radio station) and they were talking about gaga. They said how Joanne went #1 and how she was the first female to have 4 #1 albums this decade, but then said how sales dropped 70% in the second week and how PI flopped. Then they said how her streaming power is weak and that some song called monster mash up or something out streamed every song from the album. Finally they said she shouldn't tour cause her old hits might not be enough to fill stadiums since there are no hits off Joanne. Then they called Joanne a flop. 

What do you think? 

I'm not really mad cause i see no lies but we don't need the radios to recreate flopga 2013 again :awkney:

Edit: I forgot to mention they said the only reason it went #1 cause it was on amazon for like $3.99 or something

no lies detected. if an A list artist happened to be that, let it be. just pray for LG6 = TFM/BTW.

ManuelColon
29 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Ariana has had hit after hit after hit off that album, PLUS people are still streaming it?

You have to be delusional to not think Joanne flopped:awkney:

But Joanne outsold DW easily in the US without having hit after hit after hit.

MJHolland
5 minutes ago, ManuelColon said:

But Joanne outsold DW easily in the US without having hit after hit after hit.

Nobody streams it anymore? 

it's entirely irrelevant now :ladyhaha:

ManuelColon
Just now, MJHolland said:

Nobody streams it anymore? 

it's entirely irrelevant now :ladyhaha:

Listening to an album online does not equal buying it. I am very aware of it's streaming level, but don't compare streaming powerhouses with low REAL sales to Gaga when she's very weak in streaming yet she's outselling most female singers except Rihanna, Adele, Taylor and Beyonce, who are the only big sellers.

MJHolland
33 minutes ago, ManuelColon said:

Listening to an album online does not equal buying it. I am very aware of it's streaming level, but don't compare streaming powerhouses with low REAL sales to Gaga when she's very weak in streaming yet she's outselling most female singers except Rihanna, Adele, Taylor and Beyonce, who are the only big sellers.

Online streams and radio play are the true test of relevancy over time, and Gaga nor Joanne has that. 

The only thing tha raw sales proves is that there are more little monsters than there are (whatever Arianna calls her fan base).

But if we are going to talk about flopping and relevancy, we have to take into account more than an artist's fan base. Of course your stans will buy your album, but what about everybody else? They stream it or jam to it on the radio, and Joanne has failed to garner any mainstream support. It really is just for the fans. 

Free My Mind

It never flopped...

in comparison to Gaga's previous albums, yes it has underperformed so far

but it has far from flopped.

7 hours ago, Deki said:

You may not care.

BUT every since i joined GGD last year you were the only user here i cant fcking stand. You seem like a fcking assshole and a biitch. Like a lil bottom biitch to be exact. The kind of person i would love to kick in the fcking face

Rahported 

@Haroon

lordmaler
5 hours ago, donthatemeplss said:

1st of all I'm a female. 2nd I don't care. 3rd iz Bosne sam tako sa shhh. 4th I don't care. 5th I'll report you. 6th I don't care. 

Prospij čaj sestro!

Regina George
46 minutes ago, lordmaler said:

Prospij čaj sestro!

hahahah :reductive:

11 hours ago, MJHolland said:

Online streams and radio play are the true test of relevancy over time, and Gaga nor Joanne has that. 

The only thing tha raw sales proves is that there are more little monsters than there are (whatever Arianna calls her fan base).

But if we are going to talk about flopping and relevancy, we have to take into account more than an artist's fan base. Of course your stans will buy your album, but what about everybody else? They stream it or jam to it on the radio, and Joanne has failed to garner any mainstream support. It really is just for the fans. 

This makes no sense. If people buy then they buy. You can't say it sold 500k but if those were only fans it doesn't count. 

SEXODUS
On 17/1/2017 at 11:29 PM, Decodekid said:

they can say what they want, honestly, she's been doing great this era, and by great i don't only mean charts. 

and by great you mean everything BUT the charts :emma:

25 minutes ago, HaveAnOysterBBy said:

I just miss hearing my fave on the radio. Is that so fckin hard to ask :shrug: 

I don't think she wants to be on the radio. 

The girl can write and make great songs...she just hasn't done that since ARTPOP.

Archived