💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

If born this way was released in 2017...

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P

Would the meta critic and overall critical reception be much better?

Like reading reviews, it actually managed to receive a certain degree of acclaim from some critics (rolling stone praised it), but the metacritic score didn't seem to match the overall reception. 

Born This Way is the kind of album that on listen sounds critically acclaimed, so do you think with the pop music scape being how it is today, Born This Way would be a critically acclaimed album?

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be far less known. Back in the day it opened up with 1.1 mil so idk if it would be relevant enough to get an acclaim

Starbucks

With that weird pop trend on the radio right now? I don't think so :oprah:

Your everyday cups of kindness

Mistress Dita

No half of the album is fillers. If she shortened it and there was no Madonna comparison then it would probably have more acclaim 

SissyFromSpace

the entire era would have been a disaster 

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Thomas P
2 minutes ago, Mistress Dita said:

No half of the album is fillers. If she shortened it and there was no Madonna comparison then it would probably have more acclaim 

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Jk, but like you just criticized the bible.

Mistress Dita
5 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

giphy.gif

You're telling me "Bad Kids", "Amen Fashion + Black Jesus", "Highway Unicorn", "Fashion of His Love" and "The Queen" are critically accalaimed worthy songs.......:ladyhaha:

The reason the album probably isnt more accalimed is because those songs (besides The Queen) are all in a row and all rip your head off cringey and just ehhhhh:poot:

EDIT: Highway Unicorn has some redeeming qualities but its not strong enough for succeeding that trio of annoying songs before it :ladyhaha:

shmal96

I think it was also super successful because it was following in the footsteps of TF/TFM and those were huge GP hits. BTW was her first album that wasn't as GP friendly, but many songs were still very popular from the album, and everyone wanted to see what she would do next.

Helxig

Honestly, it could have done anything! It could have bombed, could have been the biggest success of the year... anything! Times have changed since 2011, music trends have changed since 2011. The music could either be more accepted for the art that it is in 2017, or rejected because it is so different to current radio trends, or it could've changed the landscape of pop music for 2017 and started new trends. It's a hard one to imagine lol

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Music would not have evolved to where it is at today nor would artists be "experimenting" like they do without this album to look back on. PERIOD.  Born This Way will be recognized for the masterpiece that it is decades later when people reflect on the influential artists of today.  Bookmark me :classy:

Dark Anatomy
19 minutes ago, Mistress Dita said:

You're telling me "Bad Kids", "Amen Fashion + Black Jesus", "Highway Unicorn", "Fashion of His Love" and "The Queen" are critically accalaimed worthy songs.......:ladyhaha:

The reason the album probably isnt more accalimed is because those songs (besides The Queen) are all in a row and all rip your head off cringey and just ehhhhh:poot:

EDIT: Highway Unicorn has some redeeming qualities but its not strong enough for succeeding that trio of annoying songs before it :ladyhaha:

The Queen and Black Jesus are some of the standouts of the album. :hor:

I'll give you Bad Kids and FOHL

Mister Gaga

It was extremely polarizing because Gaga was at her peak, and everybody was ready to bring her down, no matter what.

So when Gaga released an incredibly underrated album, with no fillers, with a variety of genres and her most meaningful lyrics to date, everybody was kinda shock. Instead, they judged the album (and all the following ones too - ARTPOP, Joanne) by their current opinion / feelings towards Gaga. 

Critics keep praising certain 'artists' that don't write their own songs, don't produce them and barely have creative input; and at the same time they attack Gaga, who does that and much more. 

What's the intention behind this? Hurt her directly, since they know she's the one who spended hundread nights, working without sleeping. But it's sad, poison for their souls.

Thomas P
2 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

It was extremely polarizing because Gaga was at her peak, and everybody was ready to bring her down, no matter what.

So when Gaga released an incredibly underrated album, with no fillers, with a variety of genres and her most meaningful lyrics to date, everybody was kinda shock. Instead, they judged the album (and all the following ones too - ARTPOP, Joanne) by they current opinion / feelings towards Gaga. 

Critics keep praising certain 'artists' that don't write their own songs, don't produce them and barely have creative input; and at the same time they attack Gaga, who does that and much more. 

I see your shade, and I know who it's directed towards 

Lemonade
29 minutes ago, Mistress Dita said:

You're telling me "Bad Kids", "Amen Fashion + Black Jesus", "Highway Unicorn", "Fashion of His Love" and "The Queen" are critically accalaimed worthy songs.......

The reason the album probably isnt more accalimed is because those songs (besides The Queen) are all in a row and all rip your head off cringey and just ehhhhh

EDIT: Highway Unicorn has some redeeming qualities but its not strong enough for succeeding that trio of annoying songs before it 

Honestly do not get the hate for Black Jesus Amen Fashion - it is one of my favourite Gaga songs :laughga:

Archived