💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What key is perfect illusion in?

Oscar

Featured Posts

Smarticle

Wikipedia says "Perfect Illusion" is written in the key of F♯ minor and follows a basic chord progression of F♯m–E/G♯–Dmaj7–C♯m7.

By identifying the key just by listening to it, you need to have perfect pitch like Gaga does :gaycat:, or lots of ear training practice

Justice for Grigio Girls!!!

Spanish Eyes

I got you, boo.

The original key for Perfect Illusion is indeed F Sharp Minor. It modulates up to G Sharp Minor for the key change (by means of a chromatic C Sharp Major chord - "I'm over the show yeah at least now I know").

In terms of identifying the key, you would indeed need perfect pitch to do it just by ear and correctly get the letter names.

However, it's really easy to get the chords and key for pop music if you have a piano nearby, but you need to be a semi-good pianist and have had some practice with ear training.

So, there is no hack, unfortunately. :(

That being said, if it doesn't already exist, I can easily figure out the keys for the Joanne songs and put them on GGD somewhere, if you think that might be beneficial for some people?

(Also, I really do know what I'm talking about. I have a bachelor's in Music Technology. :hor:)

RAMROD

It's on A key, as in Awesome :queenga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

11 minutes ago, Spanish Eyes said:

I got you, boo.

The original key for Perfect Illusion is indeed F Sharp Minor. It modulates up to G Sharp Minor for the key change (by means of a chromatic C Sharp Major chord - "I'm over the show yeah at least now I know").

In terms of identifying the key, you would indeed need perfect pitch to do it just by ear and correctly get the letter names.

However, it's really easy to get the chords and key for pop music if you have a piano nearby, but you need to be a semi-good pianist and have had some practice with ear training.

That being said, if it doesn't already exist, I can easily figure out the keys for the Joanne songs and put them on GGD somewhere, if you think that might be beneficial for some people?

(Also, I really do know what I'm talking about. I have a bachelor's in Music Technology. :hor:)

What kind of textbooks do you recommend?

Spanish Eyes
4 minutes ago, Oscar said:

What kind of textbooks do you recommend?

https://www.amazon.com/Sing-First-Sight-Foundations-Sight-Singing/dp/073903152X/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=073903152X&pd_rd_r=B29N3SK5AEMNFF833W6E&pd_rd_w=pDtZg&pd_rd_wg=A6vcI&psc=1&refRID=B29N3SK5AEMNFF833W6E

That's what I used for my first year of ear training at college. That being said, this is not something you can do overnight. Ear training requires practicing every day. 

You can start by working on singing the following melody over and over again until it's so familiar you could never forget it:

B flat - C - D - E flat - F - E flat - D - C -B flat

Basically up and down the first part of a major scale. Sing the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1. That will help you memorize the the intervals.

Duella Dvil
34 minutes ago, Spanish Eyes said:

I got you, boo.

Yes daddy serve me your expertise 

(Please do this :giveup:)

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Spanish Eyes
5 minutes ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

Yes daddy serve me your expertise 

(Please do this :giveup:)

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_96q5e0snui4o

(I will get on that, then. Maybe post it in a few days, depends on my work schedule and such. :) )

34 minutes ago, Spanish Eyes said:

https://www.amazon.com/Sing-First-Sight-Foundations-Sight-Singing/dp/073903152X/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=073903152X&pd_rd_r=B29N3SK5AEMNFF833W6E&pd_rd_w=pDtZg&pd_rd_wg=A6vcI&psc=1&refRID=B29N3SK5AEMNFF833W6E

That's what I used for my first year of ear training at college. That being said, this is not something you can do overnight. Ear training requires practicing every day. 

You can start by working on singing the following melody over and over again until it's so familiar you could never forget it:

B flat - C - D - E flat - F - E flat - D - C -B flat

Basically up and down the first part of a major scale. Sing the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1. That will help you memorize the the intervals.

Thanks this is helpful

Archived