💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne has out-performed ARTPOP

Andrea B

Featured Posts

Blahwhatever22

Considering Joanne wasn't surrounded in backlash and the media criticizing her left to right, I'd barely call this an achievement. ARTPOP still managed to get A top 10 hit and sell pretty well. Call me when Joanne does the same.giphy.gif

Born To Slay

Joanne did really poorly single wise tho. So the era as a whole is behind ARTPOP.

Fernster7

If she manages to get a hit single then the era would be more successful than the ARTPOP one, but the album is definitely more loved by the GP and it's doing nice.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Regina George

"according to 2016 standards" stoped reading there. 

Gurl there is no 2013/2014/2015/2016 standards. Gaga is not selling cuz there's no mainstream music on Joanne. There is a lot of artist who are NOW selling more than Gaga in 2013. Talking about standards is just covering the truth. 

Caesium

Uhhhh no it has not. In the US Joanne has sold like 300k and no more than 400k with SPS and hasn't had any hits 

ARTPOP sold 760k and over 1 million with SPS and had a moderate hit as well as another relatively successful single

Worlwide performance is pretty similar. 700k for Joanne whilst ARTPOP did almost double that (1.3 mil)

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

If there was an MV for DWUW and she released a 3rd and fourth single properly ARTPOP would of easily done 3M+ WW instead of 1.9M...

So much waste potential.

But yes I agree with you so far Joanne is a bigger success and it will probably almost sell the same as ARTPOP even tho they say sales have fallen so much now.

YeehawKylie
35 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

ARTPOP was still her best album though 

Agreed. I wish she'd be inspired to make more albums in the same realm of ARTPOP.

Starbucks

Yes for the album sale, not for the singles and promos :cryga:

Your everyday cups of kindness

Joanne has great sales but it doesnt feel big, the singles are flopping hard. At least ARTPOP had hits, it had good sales, the music videos had some amazing visuals and she also delivered stunning performances. So overall, ARTPOP was much much bigger

12 hours ago, donthatemeplss said:

"according to 2016 standards" stoped reading there. 

Gurl there is no 2013/2014/2015/2016 standards. Gaga is not selling cuz there's no mainstream music on Joanne. There is a lot of artist who are NOW selling more than Gaga in 2013. Talking about standards is just covering the truth. 

Not exactly.

Let's check how people used to sell in their first week back in 2008 and then now.

It was commom to sell over 200k in a "flop".

Last Year, Joanne debut was 200k and it was the second highest female debut.

Of course the standards change, especially right now with stuff like "STREAMS" counting around. 

How many albums sell over 1kk now? Albuns with 3kk are now like top-sucess for many (not counting people like Adele). BTW alone in 2011 did 6kk and people tried to call it a flop coming from TF\TFM.

13 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

and ruining our lives one instagram hype post at a time

gret11.gif

hey, now, Koji's birthday was important.

tumblr_nzy2f1X6Bf1qkbegeo2_500.gif

Edge Of Venus

ARTPOP was the 25th best selling album in 2013 (released in November)

Joanne was the 27th best selling album in 2016 (released in October)

ARTPOP sold 2M copies.

Joanne will not reach 2M in SPS.

ARTPOP sparked one global hit (Applause) and one minor hit (DWUW). Both had decent airplay.

Joanne has had two flop singles so far. Her music is not played on the radio.

Sorry but how is Joanne more successful than ARTPOP? Yes she received some backlash during the ARTPOP era, but at least media cared about her and the GP knew her music. With Joanne I just feel like everything has been uneventful and the world is not paying attention to her anymore.

Joanne is kinda giving us a Perfect Illusion.

The album itself is not doing really WAY BETTER than ARTPOP. But the fact that the media backlash + most of the strong hate is kinda "gone"...

Just leaving this here but in 2013, ARTPOP was the #26 @ the list of Best-Selling albums of the Year (Worldwide). Release in November, the album had already 1,2m sold.

Joanne, released in October then, was at #29 last year with 765,000. (But just to show how the industry changes: the album #26 was Leonard Cohen's "You want it darker" with 795,00... while ARTPOP was then 1,2M... just to show how the "digital era" is dying and Stream is rising).

And don't come for Promo cuz Joanne had AMAZING\BIG promo spots like SNL, AMA, VSFS(ARTPOP wishes), Radio interviews, X-factor... it was almost the same promo schedule in the end, with ARTPOP having more talk shows but Joanne havin' bigger spots. :lolga:

2 minutes ago, Edge Of Venus said:

ARTPOP was the 25th best selling album in 2013 (released in November)

Joanne was the 27th best selling album in 2016 (released in October)

ARTPOP sold 2M copies.

Joanne will not reach 2M in SPS.

ARTPOP sparked one global hit (Applause) and one minor hit (DWUW). Both had decent airplay.

Joanne has had two flop singles so far. Her music is not played on the radio.

Sorry but how is Joanne more successful than ARTPOP? Yes she received some backlash during the ARTPOP era, but at least media cared about her and the GP knew her music. With Joanne I just feel like everything has been uneventful and the world is not paying attention to her anymore.

i am crying we both did the same post at same time :cryga:

Archived