💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Wasn't Lovegame A Bigger Hit?

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

After her iconic and smash worldwide #1 hits Just Dance and Poker Face, why didn't the bop that is Lovegame achieve the same level of success? :oprah: 

It was a mostly too 10 hit worldwide and only went #5 in the US and #19 in the U.K.

Did the video hurt its performance or were there other factors at play?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child

After 2 big hits it's always expected to have the next singles perform great but less great than the others.

But I mean here in France LoveGame was huge.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

BLACKOUTbritney

It went #4 here and the video was played 24/7

I think the song is just too sexual and imo obviously no where near as good as JD, PF or Paparazzi 

Was it ever released as a single in the UK? I remember hearing Paparazzi was the 3rd single there and then Bad Romance was released

I think because of the sexual nature of it? Maybe... but every other song is about sex :oprah:

Don't visit my profile

2 minutes ago, Derpplause said:

because straight guys don't like confessing they'd take a ride on a disco stick :gaycat:

ftfy :giggle:

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

For me, it felt a bit tame for a sex song, or maybe it was the mastering? I'm not too sure, but it felt more like a transitional track than a standalone. Just my two cents

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

Thomas P

We were getting off a major gaga high horse, and the world wasn't ready for a new one. Plus the song is too explicit sexually, maybe not today, but 8 years ago it was for sure. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Glamourpuss

I didn't know it charted that low in the UK. I honestly thought it had been a number 1 hit for a couple of weeks. I know loads of people who loved that song at the time, more than other popular ones. This feels like the Mandela Effect to me. Gaga's charting position history has changed. :omg:

Bette Davis

I heard it on the radio all the time. It was a big hit.

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

I thought it was only released as a single in America because it was too racy nywhere else, though that doesn't make sense as america hates sex but loves violence.

Irrelevant
6 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I didn't know it charted that low in the UK. I honestly thought it had been a number 1 hit for a couple of weeks. I know loads of people who loved that song at the time, more than other popular ones. This feels like the Mandela Effect to me. Gaga's charting position history has changed. :omg:

It was because it was never a single in UK :neyde:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

It was pretty big at the time. It just didn't leave a lasting impression like the other singles from The Fame. They can't all become iconic.

Archived