Misconceptions about Gaga from fans

Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, otutai said:

Old Gaga will never come back! 
She never wanna to be a pop star.She was always rock and art supporter.
Gaga used Pop music to be famous. 
I'm sorry guys... I hate Gaga, now..

AND Rihanna >>>> Gaga ...... cuz rih knows to make her fans happy.

You only joined in November... what did she do to make you hate her in those two months? She's done like nothing :rip:

I guess I'll work my way through every point cause f*ck it.

"She is not changing direction in music to non pop genres because she sees herself above pop music or because of the ARTPOP backlash. She simply wanted to try something new and try more organic sounds and classic genres."

Mmm I agree she's not really changing directions away from pop because Joanne is still a pop album. I would argue the quality still isn't what it was when you look at TFM, BTW or the highlights of TF but there ya go.

"She doesn't owe you any pop music anymore. As an artist she can make what she wants. That is the whole point of being an artist"

No, she doesn't "owe" us anything but by not pleasing your fans, you lose them. It's important to keep your fans happy.

"Just because you don't like the genres of music Gaga is making it doesn't automatically make the music bad. You simply just don't like it"

Well the genre is still pop, but I guess it's true. Different strokes etc.

"Joanne era is not inconsistent. Everything she has done has felt like part of the same era. Even the videos are connected this era. It may just seem this way because she is not constantly releasing projects or performing  as much as she use to."

It's inconsistent when it comes to quality. The last big thing we got was a video that looked like it was made up of mostly already filmed clips that could belong to different projects. The era pretty much ended once we got the album.

"Fans think that she doesn't know what makes a hit anymore or that she does not know what fans want. But she is actually very aware of the fact that Joanne wasn't going to be all that popular. She even called it irrelevant. She promoted it because she wants it to be successful, but it wasn't generically designed to be commercial. Also she said that she can't summit to the demands of fans because that is simply not how artists work."

Mmmm yes and no. You don't work with recently successful producers and writers if you DON'T want a hit. Maybe she's aware nothing hit material came out of the sessions but this is probably why people accuse of her allowing her to drop in quality. Everything's becoming sloppy.

"Gaga doesn't rush to release an EP or another album just to have a hit or because her current album is not doing as well as you wanted. Leave that to Rihanna."

The Fame Monster says hello. The Rihanna dig is unnecessary too, I would be more than happy if Gaga took a leaf out of her book and started pushing herself a little more when it comes to putting out music. Waiting years for a short album with no accompanying era is meh

"And for the last time Joanne is not country. Most of the album is pop with inuences with many other genres. 1 country song doesn't make everything country. The album is just not trendy, but it is also not pure country."

No, it's not country. It's pop.

10 hours ago, giskardsb said:

DH is a rock song, there is nothing country about it.  AYO is 60's era mod-rock.  JW is Rock.   DIC is lots of things, but no way is it country.  Million Reasons is a folk ballad that people are calling country because only country stations play that type of music.  Sinners Prayer is Mostly Country.  Angel Down is not even close to Country.  Grigio Girls is a folk Rock song, not Country.

Lmao please stop, the album is basically rock/country influenced. Whether it's lyrics, instruments, or tunes, it is what it is.

The reason people are complaining is because they never signed up for this sound, very simple.

28 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Lmao please stop, the album is basically rock/country influenced. Whether it's lyrics, instruments, or tunes, it is what it is.

The reason people are complaining is because they never signed up for this sound, very simple.

The problem here is that fans should never sign up for anything.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

The problem here is that fans should never sign up for anything.

Girl please, I loved Gaga for her over-the-top fashion, performances, and visuals besides the great pop music she put out. She has taken all of that away now minus the one charitable VSFS performance.

Some of you 'yes men' need to step back and understand why there are daily meltdowns and angry fans. A 3 year wait full of anticipation has been met with disappointments and confusion, a nonstop pity party and horrible management. The artist which once ruled the music industry is pretty much self sabotaging her own career. But have it your way and keep licking ass until she can no longer even consider the option of putting out half of what she used to. So sad.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

I guess I'll work my way through every point cause f*ck it.

"She is not changing direction in music to non pop genres because she sees herself above pop music or because of the ARTPOP backlash. She simply wanted to try something new and try more organic sounds and classic genres."

Mmm I agree she's not really changing directions away from pop because Joanne is still a pop album. I would argue the quality still isn't what it was when you look at TFM, BTW or the highlights of TF but there ya go.

"She doesn't owe you any pop music anymore. As an artist she can make what she wants. That is the whole point of being an artist"

No, she doesn't "owe" us anything but by not pleasing your fans, you lose them. It's important to keep your fans happy.

"Just because you don't like the genres of music Gaga is making it doesn't automatically make the music bad. You simply just don't like it"

Well the genre is still pop, but I guess it's true. Different strokes etc.

"Joanne era is not inconsistent. Everything she has done has felt like part of the same era. Even the videos are connected this era. It may just seem this way because she is not constantly releasing projects or performing  as much as she use to."

It's inconsistent when it comes to quality. The last big thing we got was a video that looked like it was made up of mostly already filmed clips that could belong to different projects. The era pretty much ended once we got the album.

"Fans think that she doesn't know what makes a hit anymore or that she does not know what fans want. But she is actually very aware of the fact that Joanne wasn't going to be all that popular. She even called it irrelevant. She promoted it because she wants it to be successful, but it wasn't generically designed to be commercial. Also she said that she can't summit to the demands of fans because that is simply not how artists work."

Mmmm yes and no. You don't work with recently successful producers and writers if you DON'T want a hit. Maybe she's aware nothing hit material came out of the sessions but this is probably why people accuse of her allowing her to drop in quality. Everything's becoming sloppy.

"Gaga doesn't rush to release an EP or another album just to have a hit or because her current album is not doing as well as you wanted. Leave that to Rihanna."

The Fame Monster says hello. The Rihanna dig is unnecessary too, I would be more than happy if Gaga took a leaf out of her book and started pushing herself a little more when it comes to putting out music. Waiting years for a short album with no accompanying era is meh

"And for the last time Joanne is not country. Most of the album is pop with inuences with many other genres. 1 country song doesn't make everything country. The album is just not trendy, but it is also not pure country."

No, it's not country. It's pop.

I agree with all your responses except for the hits part. Because hits do not equal quality. Also Mark Ronson had agreed to work with Gaga a long time ago. And he was the one who brought along the other producers. Also TFM made sense as a follow up to TF both sonically and themetically. It wasn't just new random music for the charts.

12 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Girl please, I loved Gaga for her over-the-top fashion, performances, and visuals besides the great pop music she put out. She has taken all of that away now minus the one charitable VSFS performance.

Some of you 'yes men' need to step back and understand why there are daily meltdowns and angry fans. A 3 year wait full of anticipation has been met with disappointments and confusion, a nonstop pity party and horrible management. The artist which once ruled the music industry is pretty much self sabotaging her own career. But have it your way and keep licking ass until she can no longer even consider the option of putting out half of what she used to. So sad.

I understand that her fans of only pop music will be disappointed with Gaga this era. But Gaga was never a one dimensional artist. Sooner or later she was bound to switch lanes and create other things that are not strictly pop. So by not signing up for anything I mean that you should just wait and see if you like what she makes next. If you don't like it then try to enjoy other artists and if you do great. With Gaga some people are always guaranteed to be pleased and others disappointed because she is always changing.

Anveeroy

Yass another thesis!! Can we just gather all of them and publish as a book pleasssssse? 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

17 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I agree with all your responses except for the hits part. Because hits do not equal quality. Also Mark Ronson had agreed a long time ago to work with Gaga. And he was the one the brought along the other producers. Also the FM made come sense as a follow up to TF both sonically and themetically. It wasn't just new random music for the charts.

I didn't say "hits equal quality." The only reason I brought up hits is the same reason someone else did in this thread... Joanne was made primarily with the two of the biggest hit makers in the last two years - Mark Ronson and Bloodpop. If Gaga was not after hits she would not have drafted these two in.

The Rihanna comment: Rihanna managed to not only get 2 hits singles (on her way to get a third one tbh) with ANTI, she also won critical acclaim with the album sound\style and that's it. Whitney didn't write her songs and it doesn't make her anyway "smaller" than anybody else. She's an Icon. It's stupid to say otherwise. Rihanna is doing her thing, she had a contract with 7 albuns just like kesha and release one album every year. 

Back into thread: when people say that they're mad or anything at Joanne I kinda understand because the album took 3 years to come out. People supported the Jazz, AHS... everything (just like fans are used to do) but when their "PRIME" aka Lady Gaga record came out... it wasn't what they expected. It causes the "letdown" and that's it, we cannot blame people who were here with ARTPOP but didn't enjoy Joanne. And you cannot say "IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY JUST LEAVE AND WAIT FOR THE NEXT ERA" because god knows how long til next era arrives. Maybe we'll just get another pop record in 2020 and by then TFM will be 10 years older if we check.

Joanne is FULL of country references. Don't be silly saying "Oh it's just Sinner's Prayer" because it isn't. The whole sound of the album was influenced and mixed into a new sound. It's not a Country record for sure, but you cannot deny that songs like Grigio Girls, Sinners, A-yo, Million Reasons... they are all infused with Country music. You can try to come over and sound all intellectual saying "Oh no it's a Folk-Pop-Rock-Ballad with influences from the 90\80\70..." no. It's the same thing as saying that ARTPOP is NOT EDM MUSIC because we have Dope as a ballad, MANiCURE as a rock\pop song, Sexxx Dreams\ARTPOP as Synthpop... the prime of the thing was EDM. it was made to make people DANCE. Same with Joanne, the whole thing is country influenced, it's supposed to be focused on the sound of Guitars & her voice. And we are talking about people who just know the main genres of music, it's not people who study and live to understand music and all the roots possible.

StrawberryBlond

I agree with pretty much everything you've said. Although I would quibble a little bit on the point of "she doesn't owe her fans pop music, she doesn't owe them anything," because even though I do like her new directions, I think not pleasing your fans is the fastest way to losing them and that's why Gaga's lost so many fans as it is. And I also think it's why she put songs like PI on the album, to keep the pop fans sweet. See, I don't think a lot of people (myself included) thought Gaga was going to be the artist she is now when she started out. They thought they were signing up to be a fan of a pure pop act with dramatic looks and performances. As she started experimenting as time went on, some of the ones who loved this old style felt cheated, gave up on her and moved on. With every release, she's been bleeding more fans. I think this is a sad fact of the music business anyway but I feel like she and her team could be doing more to remedy it, particularly in the form of getting her promoted everywhere to lure in new fans.

Also, while yes, her album may not be pure country, it would be delusional to imply that it's not country influenced at all. Country and rock flow throughout it, with some other influences. Gaga's music's always a hybrid of different genres. But I just don't feel like this one is pop. Apart from PI, I don't know how any of this album could be called pop. Just because a popstar's name is attached to it doesn't make it automatically pop.

On 15/01/2017 at 5:56 PM, Haroon said:

It was all going well until the "Leave that to Rihanna" part, like why did you feel the need to add that? :confused: When and how has Rihanna rush released an album because her previous one wasn't doing well? :huh:

It's true, though. Rihanna has been known to follow what the public want. She scrapped the singles that were supposed to be preceding Anti because they weren't doing well and made the new lead single a collab with Drake, who's currently going through a career peak. In answer to your second question, Loud was rush-released the year after Rated R because it flopped by Rihanna's standards and a break between that and her last album was likely deemed the cause along with being a bit too dark and edgy. Her label couldn't take the humiliation, so Loud was released with only 11 tracks because there was limited time to make a longer album in a year and her whole fashion/hairstyle and style of music changed with it. Apparently, some tracks that ended up on Talk That Talk were originally going on a re-release of Loud but that idea got scrapped when the label realised she could make more money from just putting them on a new album, so Talk That Talk was rushed out (and boy, does it show). Not to mention, she skips tours when the album doesn't sell as well. She probably would've done it for Anti if the label hadn't decided to put the tickets out pre-album.

On 15/01/2017 at 6:33 PM, Enigma said:

Because I see those "drags" as truths. Don't hate any artist, just talking about their qualities as artists and their music.

Exactly. People can be a fan of Rihanna all they want but they shouldn't be blind to her flaws. It's called being logical and fair. Truth-telling is not the same thing as dragging. In the real world, no one cares if you tell the truth about an artist. But do it online and people lose their minds.

3 hours ago, Benji said:

I didn't say "hits equal quality." The only reason I brought up hits is the same reason someone else did in this thread... Joanne was made primarily with the two of the biggest hit makers in the last two years - Mark Ronson and Bloodpop. If Gaga was not after hits she would not have drafted these two in.

Like I said, Gaga did not draft these two because of hits. Working with Ronson was already a goal for Gaga even before his big recent hits. Bloodpop just came along thanks to Ronson. 

Archived