Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

SBLI may have low ratings; Trump and streams are blamed

JoeJane

Featured Posts

JoeJane

NFL’s average TV audience this season took a tumble of -8% after years of growth, with many pointing the finger at the intense Presidential election.

In fact, Saturday’s playoff game between the Detroit Lions and the Seattle Seahawks was down 20% when compared to the same Saturday playoff game of 2015. Some have also blamed the decline in under 30 viewers and how they’ve traded in the tube for streaming devices.

So will all this ugly ratchet down Super Bowl ratings?

Sitting in the hot seat today at TCA was Fox Sports president, COO and EP Eric Shanks who exclaimed, that ratings “depends on the playoffs. I think there are certain teams there, and the mystique of their star power (which determine) whether you’re at the upper end or lower end (of ratings). We’ll have to wait and see.”

Last year, CBS’ broadcast of Super Bowl L which had the Denver Broncos kick the Carolina Panathers 24-10 drew 111.9M, -2.3% from the past two years.

“When we take a look back, we are 6% down over the last fours years,” specified Shanks, “That’s the second lowest total behind 2012 which was the last election year. This unique election cycle had an impact on ratings but going forward it’s match-up driven.”

http://deadline.com/2017/01/super-bowl-li-ratings-tca-1201883789/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't get what the election has to do with football's ratings :huh:

Where the debates and the games airing at the same time :huh:

Bloody Matt

If the performance is really good she'll get a lot of coverage the days after and it will spread all over FB and Twitter. Who even watches TV anymore? :poot: 

Lextyr97

I don't really think it matters at all. The only thing that matters is what Gaga brings to the table. 

I think I'm literally going to cry if Gaga has that guitar in her hand for even a few seconds. 

9 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

I still don't get what the election has to do with football's ratings :huh:

Where the debates and the games airing at the same time :huh:

I think because people are done with the media in general and hearing about Trump. Every day he's on the news saying this or that, and when you're streaming you're away from that.  Not to mention he was crying foul how the debates were at the same time as the games, so you're right. 

I also think if the Pats make it, people will either not watch because the Pats are the love to be hated team or people will watch to see them lose if they do, depending on who wins in the NFC. If it's a Cowboys/Patriots game it'll be even worse :deadbanana: But everyone watches the super bowl anyway so don't be too concerned.

I hope the halftime show commercials are crazy (wishful thinking) because it'll give people a reason to tune in. That's she's still the same Gaga she was for those times. 

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Archived