Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga's Pop Music Begginings

Green Detox

Featured Posts

Green Detox

When Rob Fusari convinced Gaga to do Pop/Dance Music instead of going on the Rock route, THANK GODCMfsWAjA_d4r-jdEYZrSI2kNI0TlktJZJiGlboZP

(From Gagapedia)

And her first Pop song was born, the legendary Beautiful Dirty Rich.

340?cb=20090809141433

I posted this for those fans who were so shocked by Gaga's musical transformation on Joanne, to remind them that her current music now is actually her first decision on what kind of genre she will be making as she breaks into the scene, until Rob convinced her to do Pop songs, and for those who were thinking that she's selling out and she's trying hard to appeal to the general audience(which is ridiculous), she's not selling out, she's just happy to fulfill her dream of making more rock kind of music, which she only got the chance to present that main side of her with "Brown Eyes"(reailty check sistrens)

And this is also an appreciation post for Rob for convincing Gaga to make Pop Songs, even though he's a total douche to Gaga now. Imagine if he didn't, would you have stanned if RockGa debuted to the world instead of TheFameGa/PopGa? I'm not even sure myself

So she basically sell out from the beginning, to start a career and then was unpleased with it and went to do what she wants? K, so basically she's just a hypocrite and a liar. That's fine cause it's Gaga I guess, but if other popstars would've done the same, everyone here would drag them to hell and back.

I wouldnt stan RockGa debut

and even tho "Just dance" was different back then than everything else, she was a sell out, and Just dance poker face etc were not sooo risky experimental "who is going to buy this mess" songs... they were euro dance songs and they were catchy af, she and he knew what they were doing

Helxig

She's fulfilled many of her dreams, and now she's obviously decided to fulfill this one too. I'm happy if she's happy :flutter:

I guess it also helps that I have always liked and appreciated rock music too... In fact, she was the first pop artist I actually liked lol. No wonder I love Joanne. I wouldn't mind her going in even more of a rock direction because I like that attitude on her, it's sexy :usrs:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Squeeshy Keety
3 minutes ago, AURA said:

So she basically sold out to start a career and then was unpleased with it and went to do what she wants? K, so basically she's just a hypocrite and a liar. That's fine cause it's Gaga I guess, but if other popstars would've done the same, everyone here would drag them to hell and back.

SMH So hard at this :smh:

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

so her love for pop was unauthentic? 

i'm actually a bit conflicted reading this...I knew she wanted to do rock before but I didn't know she saw pop music as redundant...

her clear refusal to even TRY a pop song and her saying sh'ed be bored of it if she was not doing it herself..it just seems like a fake quote tbh. The journalist probably added this..I can't wrap my mind around this,

Squeeshy Keety
7 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

i'm actually a bit conflicted reading this...I knew she wanted to do rock before but I didn't thinkshe saw pop music as redundant in general...

She grew up listening to '80s Rock with her dad, and Bruce Springsteen was a major reason she got into music. This article just shows that Pop was a new frontier for her, and her background in Rock gave her fresh ears in the genre; hence, the most revolutionary debut album of the 2000s was made :firega:

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Helxig
Just now, Albertodift said:

i'm actually a bit conflicted reading this...I knew she wanted to do rock before but I didn't thinkshe saw pop music as redundant in general...

Well she was always a huge fan of Britney. I get the idea that she always liked pop, but wanted her debut to be more rock. I'm a little confused though as well because I thought she started doing pop to shake up the music scene where she started. Maybe that 'shaking up the music scene' was actually an idea sparked from Fusari prodding her to try pop. Maybe they decided she'd do pop, but only on her terms, and only if she could find a way to fall in love with it, and then she did. Or maybe he was just exaggerating the truth in this interview :laughga: we will never know.

Helxig
Just now, Squeeshy Keety said:

She grew up listening to '80s Rock with her dad, and Bruce Springstein was a major reason she got into music. This article just shows that Pop was a new frontier for her, and her background in Rock gave her fresh ears in the genre, hence the most revolutionary debut of the 2000s :firega:

Good way to put it!

She brought rock attitude to pop music! 

6 minutes ago, AURA said:

So she basically sell out from the beginning, to start a career and then was unpleased with it and went to do what she wants? K, so basically she's just a hypocrite and a liar. That's fine cause it's Gaga I guess, but if other popstars would've done the same, everyone here would drag them to hell and back.

Tbh sis, just waiting for SB... 

Squeeshy Keety
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

Good way to put it!

She brought rock attitude to pop music! 

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Helxig
Just now, Squeeshy Keety said:

Haha I was thinking of this too! She said this a few times in The Fame era.

3 minutes ago, Squeeshy Keety said:

She grew up listening to '80s Rock with her dad, and Bruce Springstein was a major reason she got into music. This article just shows that Pop was a new frontier for her, and her background in Rock gave her fresh ears in the genre, hence the most revolutionary debut album of the 2000s :firega:

that is a good way of seeing it actually

Panchecco

I wouldn't call her musical roots as "pure rock"... From Stef early pubs/clubs performances her style seemed to be dirty pop/glam rock ... so yeah she probably wasn't expecting to do pure pop but she wasn't going to do a full rock album either. 

I think that pop was the right choice for her first albums... but now that she is very successful she could (and should imho) do a rock album. I think she has the voice, the attitude, and the look. 

Helxig

She's also mentioned a few times in the early days that what made her want to do pop music, is the fact that it reaches a lot of people quickly and has influential power. Maybe this is what they discussed all those years ago over lunch at Chilli's lol.

Also, maybe when he said "abandon (the rock music) we were going to work on... start with more of a dance thing"  they'd previously discussed dance music as interesting. Maybe part of the compromise/her decision was that the dance aspect came from her love of disco music.

It also says that she didn't want to do what all the other (pop) singers were doing at the time, because she'd get bored at the show. And that what the ideas they ended up working on were "fresh and provocative" which totally sounds like her.

@Squeeshy Keety @Albertodift

Archived