đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Come to Mama as a single

blackcoffee

Featured Posts

blackcoffee

Hear me out on this...

It's fairly obvious that her most likely third single choice is the wonderfully funky and fun A-YO (really fun song to have out and promote SB with if she wants; great video potential too). I'm here for that.

That said, I would LOVE if "Come to Mama" was eventually a single, preferably sooner rather than later.

The thought came to me today as I was flipping through the radio and landed on KIIS FM. I RARELY listen to pop radio (I'm into alternative and classics), so I was shocked to hear Rihanna's "Love on the Brain" playing. I really enjoyed Anti and LOTB was definitely a standout track for me. So good! I then found out it's her current single and people are actually really digging it with its throwback soul/Motown, Amy Winehouse sound (not all like this style but I've always loved it). 

That brings me to "Come to Mama". It's one of the best produced tracks on the album with some of her best lyrics ever (thanks Father John Misty). Really great message of unity and coming together that is so desperately needed right now. It also has that old soul/Motown inspired sound that has become so signature Mark Ronson/Amy Winehouse. If people are loving it with "Love on the Brain" and that's doing decently on radio, I think that's actually like good leverage for Gaga to release CTM as a single and play off the success of LOTB with her own version of that sound. It really has potential. 

Am I crazy for thinking this or does anyone else agree? 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Irrelevant

Yes, but...

Imagine what the music video would look like :cryga: 

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Here for it :whitney:

But after the SuperBowl, DH, John Wayne, a re-release of A-YO or even Dancing in Circles would fit a bit more as the next single tbh.

LadOfAbyss

It's a fun song to sing! But idk if the gp will eat it up tbh :/ I mean million reasons was far more gp friendly and we know how that's doing :reductive:

I am as vain as I allow

Bradley

It's not the most conventionally pop hit but when I first heard Joanne, it was one of the very few tracks which struck me to the core and made me say

'HEY, AM I REALLY LISTENING TO A LADY GAGA ALBUM? This is just so oddly good and it's just, different from what she used to do. It's Father John Misty.'

I can't exactly describe that Father John Misty vibe to you but it's just pleasantly melancholy in a way. So I do believe Grammy voters and critics might get a new impression on Gaga with the attention given to this song but then I don't think the charts would give it an easy time unless she does something extraordinary about the video and gives it extensive promotion. (like a rerecorded version with huge stars like Adele or Rihanna, an outstanding video, lots of live performance promotion, etc.) then it stands a chance to succeed. In fact this should be served for every single, not just Come to Mama.

Tomiel25

With the correct visual of course, like  happy of pharrell williams,  but a way better showing actual issues in the world and the people stay together just think the song have an amazing meaning 

i can't speak english but i can if you like

Monster Voices

I am very much here for it and I honestly think that with the right video and promo it can get pretty big.

Forever and Always!

If the most commercially available tracks have flopped how you think a song called come to mama (and one that sounds like that) will do. Be realistic

Archived