Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'Joanne' is Fading

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

GagaMyBlood95
Just now, ArtPLAUSE said:

What difference does it make...I think OP was just pointing out how Joanne is not doing so well in terms of longevity, while the average for pop artist is slightly betteer

It's a big difference since it's actually selling MORE than all those albums which have hit singles. 

If Joanne had just one streaming hit, it would be higher than all of those. But I'll take pure sales any day.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what did you expect?

no one is here for basic visual gaga playing country songs, not even her own fans

giphy.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

It's not like it was going to be any different ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

who will love me when the night is over

Brainiac
20 minutes ago, Naor Daniel said:

What are you guys expecting though? Almost all albums out are better than Joanne.

You can't force people to buy and listen to worse albums.

You're entitled to your wrong opinion I guess.

Dorothy Gale
20 minutes ago, Naor Daniel said:

What are you guys expecting though? Almost all albums out are better than Joanne.

So not true. 

Pacify Him

I'd like to think Joanne is just a side project. A GP bait, as I would say, that is successful on achieving one goal: Superbowl.

So I still have faith she'll go back to her roots for the next album. She just did this to bring a specific type of target audience.

I’m getting on your nerves

pedrohemg

Maybe you don't know no one sells well in January. This is a month of weak sales.  "Other female stars who she was outselling are now selling and streaming more than her". These singers you mentioned was still doing better in streaming than Gaga. She's not a streaming force.

MonsterPaws
21 minutes ago, Naor Daniel said:

RUN GUUURL

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Miklaus Nite said:

In addition: I actually think Joanne is putting up a great fight considering the current climate of the music industry. Sales are dictated by streaming and vice versa, artists riding trends to gain superficial relevance, most songs crafted by an entire team of songwriters and hit-guarantors... I actually have so much praise for Gaga for sticking to her guns and making the music she believes in irrespective of following musical bandwagons, appeasing critics or even short-term desires of "fans". Joanne is a solidly written and immaculately produced record, and its quality should not be tarnished by its performance with peers not even of its caliber.

:applause:  This entire post.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Edonis
35 minutes ago, Naor Daniel said:

Sweetie just because you don't like the genre of music on Joanne doesn't mean that it's a bad album. The two don't equate and you and your opinions aren't anything special to decide that. 

OT: It's to be expected when she's literally done nothing in the public eye for the past few weeks. 

40 minutes ago, Naor Daniel said:

This.

the GP (and myself) want bops dammut 

Archived