Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you really believe Gaga deserved to win a Golden Globe

pedrohemg

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, romonster said:

Granted the women nominated alongside her were probably more experienced in acting and delivered better performances but at least Gaga worked her ass off for American Horror Story and it isn't every day that you see a musician and singer-songwriter first and foremost so committed to improving in that department.

If she had half-assed her role and hadn't taken it seriously and then received the Golden Globe, then I'd see a reason to say she didn't deserve it.

I'm sure the other nominees know that you don't always win even when you deserve it. That's how the entertainment industry works.

I will happily second this.

Gaga may have not been the most talented in that category in acting but she definitely did show the most growth.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't watch the other shows and the nominees from Gaga's category so I can't really make an informed decision but I did enjoy Gaga's acting on Hotel, especially as the season developed.

Monster Voices

Jeez, I seem to be one of the so very few that think her acting in Hotel was incredible. In my opinion she definitely deserved the Golden globe.

Forever and Always!

No, there were a lot better actresses that year. She is not an excellent actress and it seems like the Golden Globes now give the award away to anyone.

Still here for Gaga improving tho

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

gagzus

Yes she did she played the best character that was the most diverse in the whole show she was in and she did it perfectly. Even her little appearance in MRN was better than some of the main cast tbh

Oriane

Yes, she can still make progress but the work she did in this season was incredible, you can see she's a bit nervous in the first episode but completely in the role in the last one. I'm disappointed that they gave her a role that was so much "Gaga" (the looks, the love for art, the bitchy behaviour) and still she managed to make me forget she was Lady Gaga. After the second episode, all I saw was the Countess. (and it seems that they did that with every actor on Hotel : Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Denis O'Hare are incredible and it's crazy to compare their characters with those from the previous seasons)

I think coldness doesn't fit every actor but it definitely does for her. We know she's very expressive in real life so it was unexpected. I never even imagined I could hate Gaga. I can't get over the scene where she kills Tristan. But she also makes you love her at other times, when she helps Liz, or feel sad for her, when she loses the love of her life... She surprised me through the entire season, especially in the last episodes, when she gets angry and screams in pain when Sally cures her.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived