Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you really believe Gaga deserved to win a Golden Globe

pedrohemg

Featured Posts

pedrohemg

Always wanted to ask this, because I wanna know what you guys think about it. My opinion is: OF COURSE NOT

If you guys don't know how the Globe works I'll tell you. They award who they want for many reasons besides acting. Example: If an actress won the Emmy it's unlikely that actress will win the Globe as well because they think "oh she won the Emmy, so let's award another one we like better". This happened in 2015 with Viola Davis. The sites that predict the Globes always have this kinda of comment in their articles :"this actress will win because the HFPA loves her".

The moment they nominated Gaga I thought she was gonna win because that was what they want. They planned that. They wanted Gaga not only attending the show but standing on the stage.

This girl, Kristen Dunst had the role of her life in Fargo. She was robbed in my humble opinion.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not really but at least we've got something to brag about 

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

No. She did not. Star power alone got her that award.

Anyone who thinks she was awarded that GG over Kirsten Dunst for her acting y'all delulu

Signature loading… 👹🖤

No, I was very surprised when she won. Then again it's not like award shows always reward or nominate the most deserving person.

PMKKARDASHiAN

Not at all. 

Her acting in AHS was nothing monumental. Of course I wanted her to win, cuz duh accolades, but did she really deserve it over the group of girls she was up against? :ladyhaha:

Decodekid

for those saying no, it's so funny cause everyone in here was soo excited for Gaga to win an Oscar so why not a Golden Globe :flutter:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Reality

tbh My first reaction to her winning was like "They just gave that to her because she's Lady Gaga"

🃏🖤👹

Just now, Decodekid said:

for those saying no, it's so funny cause everyone in here was soo excited for Gaga to win an Oscar so why not a Golden Globe :flutter:

These nominations were for two different pieces of work though. 

GovernmentGaga

No. Her acting in AHS was so artificial. Hopefully she has some serious lessons and improvements for ASIB because she's leading alongside Bradley Cooper who has infinitely more acting talent than she does.

I think Gaga's biggest problem is getting past her own self developed persona. The last thing you want to happen is Gaga pretending to be a character, because then you have a character pretending to be another character. First, she has to strip down from Gaga, start with a clean slate, and fully embody this different character. 

Beautiful Dirt

Did she deserve it? I think so! She worked really hard and she did a good job. Certainly, she has a lot of room for improvement, but she made me forget I was watching Lady Gaga, she made me believe most of what she said and I thought her body language, the way she carried herself, and just in general her non-verbal expressions were excellent. 

Now, did she deserve it more than the other ladies? That, I have no idea about since I haven't watched any of them :ladyhaha:

pedrohemg
5 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

Yes, but she was nominated to the Oscar as a singer not an actress. She deserved that Oscar by the way. Till it Happens To You was far better than Writing's on the Wall.

Archived