💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Scream Queens NOT CANCELLED

n0ne

Featured Posts

Instead of making a thread using some random twitter account as a source, y'all could do some research.:madge:

Will there be a third season of “Scream Queens?

Following a sophomore season of declining overnight ratings, TV journalists asked Fox executives about the future status of “Scream Queens” at the Television Critics Association press tour.

Speaking to reporters, including Variety, at the Wednesday event in Pasadena, Calif., Fox’s Gary Newman and David Madden gave a slight update on the horror comedy anthology series. Though they didn’t say whether or not “Scream Queens” would be back for a third season, the execs did tell press members that they are happy with the show and its young demo.

“It’s very much still in consideration for a renewal,” Madden told Variety and a small group of reporters. “The ratings don’t tell the whole story; because it’s such a young audience, you can’t really even see the full picture even in L+3.”

Speaking to the small cluster of reporters, Newman added: “Like ‘Pitch’ and ‘The Exorcist,’ we’re not going to make any decisions until later this year. Obviously, we would have loved to have seen it do bigger numbers. The delayed viewing is there. It reaches a hard-to-reach younger audience, which we like, but we’re just going to have to see what our needs are when we get closer to May.”

In its first season, “Scream Queens” was set in the college Greek system with the main characters being sorority girls. The second season, which wrapped last month, was set in a hospital and the medical setting was an effort to expand the bubblegum show’s audience to a larger pool of viewers, both male and female. The final episode closed out with 1.38 million viewers overnight and a 0.5 rating in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demographic.

Ryan Murphy’s strong relationship with Fox could give “Scream Queens” an edge to land a third season. The mega-producer is also behind the studio’s “American Horror Story,” the critically-acclaimed “American Crime Story” and the hotly anticipated anthology “Feud,” all at FX.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/scream-queens-season-3-renewed-or-cancelled-1201957633/

Like I told some of y'all, Fox doesn't just take in account just live viewing; they like to emphasis DVR viewing/ratings, as well as multi-platform viewing. Plus the critical reception was better this season, even though I thought this season was slightly worse than the 1st season. Also it's a shame I have to post a separate a thread, because y'all won't pay the official Scream Queens thread any mind. :grr:

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

avalon x

That's great but I really hope they step up their game from being a campy snoozefest. :sweat: 

They should scrap the old stories and characters as much as they can, imo.

I hope it makes an amazing comeback like AHS did with Roanoke.

"Horror Comedy" :awkney: Oh, Ryan.....

just another gay

I stopped watching in the middle of season 2, is it worth watching the rest? I don't quite like the hospital setting...

Chris Evans

wasn't the biggest fan of season 2 but I still enjoyed it + want to see another season

blackpink

I really want Gaga to be on Scream Queens in a light hearted role tbh. Her AHS roles are very serious but I love them both

super ultra

Well, the second season was way better than the first but I don't think there should be a third one :giggle: I enjoyed watching it but thank you, it's enough :reductive:

Panchecco

I love the campiness and the humor in the show and yes I think season 2 was boring in some parts and a the whole hospital thing seemed a little bit weird but I would love another season. I love the chanels and Jamie Lee is amazing

Magneto

I loved the first season, but could never get in the whole hospital setting of season 2, but I still enjoyed it. I'm hoping for an awesome season 3 and the return of Chanel Pour Homme!

Free my mind

monketsharona

mark my words it will be cancelled (or aired on a shitty timeslot next year), they always do this... I guess it'll all depend on their renewal and new shows of next season...

Archived