Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Camila Cabello felt ‘Sexualized’ in Fifth Harmony

Werk

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, uo111 said:

I was gonna say inb4 but I suppose it's inafter now.

So inafter GGD gays say that a 15 year old being forced by old men to sing songs about sexting is totally okay and her fault. :awkney:

I don't really care about this group, but damn do you want to tell me that she was 15-16 when she sang this:

It's all on you, it's all on you
It's all on you, so what you wanna do?
And if you don't have a clue
Not a clue, I'll tell you what to do
Come harder just because
I don't like it, like it too soft
I like it a little rough
Not too much, but maybe just enough

Isn't it a little bit too much? how come no one complained about it?!:saladga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, River said:

I don't really care about this group, but damn do you want to tell me that she was 15-16 when she sang this:

It's all on you, it's all on you
It's all on you, so what you wanna do?
And if you don't have a clue
Not a clue, I'll tell you what to do
Come harder just because
I don't like it, like it too soft
I like it a little rough
Not too much, but maybe just enough

Isn't it a little bit too much? how come no one complained about it?!

She was 17 (when it was released).

In America, it's fine if little girls sing about having sex with men as long as

1) It was a mans idea to make them sing that way, if it was her own idea then she is a whoreslut

2) The vagina and nipples are covered. They don't have to be covered by much, but god forbid if you can ever see one.

American hypocrisy at it's finest. American conservatism is just 1 step below third world countries.

PopThatArt

Well obviously, that's what those reality singing competitions do with groups they put together, and the way the girls in the group are expected to dress? You can tell it's all to put out a sexy image to attract perverts. And it's what managers and labels do when their signees aren't selling as many records or getting enough attention - sexualize the artist, make them dress sexily, do half naked photoshoots, etc. 

Go see A Star is Born

1 hour ago, uo111 said:

She was 17 (when it was released).

In America, it's fine if little girls sing about having sex with men as long as

1) It was a mans idea to make them sing that way, if it was her own idea then she is a whoreslut

2) The vagina and nipples are covered. They don't have to be covered by much, but god forbid if you can ever see one.

American hypocrisy at it's finest. American conservatism is just 1 step below third world countries.

17 it's still young for this kind of lyrics imo and she probably was younger when she recorded it..

Like where are her parents? as for me it's so soft prostitute her more than sexualize..

And yes you are totally right, it's disgusting!

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

blackpink

Canola Oil can sit down since she was the one that was always sexualising everything and doing the absolute MOST in the group. From the videos to the performances she always was being so extra so she can't say that she felt 'sexualised' like a hypocrite. :awkney:

anyway, the group is much more cohesive without an autotuned high pitched mess ruining the songs :awkney:

14 hours ago, ashae said:

they have multiple songs about ****ing and she's feeling sexualized? Gee I wonder why

to be fair they only started doing sexual songs since Worth It taken off though. so it could be the labels trying to sexualize them to prevent any further floppage :toofunny:

Magneto

I can't at all of you guys calling her out for this. You guys really think it was her idea to be sexualized? She obviously wasn't able to influence 5H's direction (shocker...), so her only option was to leave.

I mean I don't like her attitude either and it's easy to let that cloud your judgement, but it's well known that these groups have 0 input in their artistry.

Free my mind

drinkmytears
17 hours ago, Werk said:

They're so popular though OMFG (in the US don't know about other countries hehe) 

They've had 1 top 10 hit and a flop tour.

18 hours ago, TheFame Monster said:

They didn't break up. Only Camilla left. The group still consists of Dinah, Lauren, Normani, and Ally

I know but thank you for fixing my mistake hehe. Idk why but I typed in that lol

19 hours ago, Parach said:

OMG, they broke up? 

I discovered them today :giveup: 

I said that by accident they didn't break up but Camilla left. 

StrawberryBlond

It's moments like these that I allude to every time someone says that a popstar's image is all their own, that this is exactly what they want. The fact is, a lot are forced into it, even though it may seem like they're into it. Sexualisation of young artists has been standard for years, it stands to reason that not everyone wants this to be their image. But because we live in such a sexualised society where sexual expression is encouraged, we never stop to consider that maybe some young people don't want to have this image. This is a society that thinks you weird if you don't want to be sexual. So, the assumption is that they must be fine with it. But not everyone is.

I always think of Gabriella Cilmi when this issue comes up. She found fame at 16 and because she looked older and sounded mature, she was sexualised for her next album and made to sell out a bit. Not only did she change her sound but she was marketed as sex object, even doing a bit of side boob nudity in FHM. I remember seeing this at the time and feeling a bit disappointed in her, I thought she had more respect for herself than that. But it turned out, she did. She never wanted to do it, her label made her. She broke free of them and her next album involved songs about how being controlled was so awful and how bad it made her feel and how she really regretted that FHM shoot. It was really sad. Her career's pretty much over now but at least she produced these two brilliant pieces of art from her sadder times:

Girl Under You
21 hours ago, Azelf550 said:

I feel like out of all the girls in that group, she was trying the hardest to be sexy :toofunny:

ally says hi

30 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's moments like these that I allude to every time someone says that a popstar's image is all their own, that this is exactly what they want. The fact is, a lot are forced into it, even though it may seem like they're into it. Sexualisation of young artists has been standard for years, it stands to reason that not everyone wants this to be their image. But because we live in such a sexualised society where sexual expression is encouraged, we never stop to consider that maybe some young people don't want to have this image. This is a society that thinks you weird if you don't want to be sexual. So, the assumption is that they must be fine with it. But not everyone is.

I always think of Gabriella Cilmi when this issue comes up. She found fame at 16 and because she looked older and sounded mature, she was sexualised for her next album and made to sell out a bit. Not only did she change her sound but she was marketed as sex object, even doing a bit of side boob nudity in FHM. I remember seeing this at the time and feeling a bit disappointed in her, I thought she had more respect for herself than that. But it turned out, she did. She never wanted to do it, her label made her. She broke free of them and her next album involved songs about how being controlled was so awful and how bad it made her feel and how she really regretted that FHM shoot. It was really sad. Her career's pretty much over now but at least she produced these two brilliant pieces of art from her sadder times:

Forgive my limited knowledge about her but she was sexualised the most during Ten right? And then she talked about this in The Sting? Also what year was the FHM photoshoot? I knew she was young but I had no idea she was THAT young omfg. 

Interesting article: http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/06/gabriella-cilmi-i-was-furious-when-i-saw-fhm-photoshoot-4174673/

Archived