Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How do you perceive Gaga's albums?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

doppelganger

TF - A brazen debut album with some gems of songs. 

TFM - tightly curated, every song designed to be a hit but it doesn't really do it for me as a body of work. 

BTW - Her most confident album, with equal moments of brilliance and pure cringe. 

ARTPOP - A good collection of pop songs that are somewhat abstract and sometimes unrelatable.

Joanne - Thematically her strongest album, truly enjoyable to listen to despite the lack of hits.

Lextyr97
11 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

I do. Gaga has so many extraordinary, amazing, brilliant, perfect moments in her music, but they're spread across her albums (i.e. Angel Down, Perfect Illusion Instrumental, Electric Chapel, second half of The Queen, TEOG and MTN, Bad Romance of course, Speechless, etc.). I want Gaga to put it all together into one brilliant absolute masterpiece, and I think that is what she's holding back.

Going off of my own comment, all of Gaga's albums, to me, are fantastic (except The Fame which is just good). But I feel Gaga isn't embracing all of her strengths. I really wish she would embrace those infectious beats (The Fame), those dangerous hooks and that darkness (TFM), the anthemic-ness, confidence, lyricism, and the ****ing HARD ROCK influence because god knows that ****ing works for Gaga (BTW), the weirdness and vividness (AP), and the light, versatility, vocals, and minimalism (Joanne) of all of her albums, put it in a blender, and come out with her grea- the greatest album of all time. 

Ooolong
37 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

The Fame - a bit slight from a musical standpoint, but as confident and distinctive a debut album as I've ever heard.

The Fame Monster - Notable for its darker sounds, and a couple of Gaga's greatest songs ("Bad Romance" and "Speechless" specifically). But for some reason, I like this one the least. Overall, despite having some great bops, it doesn't say much to me.

Born This Way - a brazenly original and epic piece of work. A few misfire tracks notwithstanding, it will become one of the defining albums of our time.

ARTPOP - exhilarating, compelling, and far more revealing than it gets credit for. The album's few low points are cringey, but for the most part, it is a stellar pop album.

Joanne - her best, in my opinion. Despite its vulnerability and and wistfulness, or maybe even because of it, this is very much an album that nobody else could have made. Superior melodies, a characteristically wide range of influences, and many of her most fascinating, poignant lyrics. It's the kind of album that listeners of all tastes could appreciate.

Exactly this :applause:.

The Unbannable Chanteuse

gagzus

Ranking them in order of my fave to least fave

Born this Way - Legendary album and it truly is her magnum opus and is one of the best pop albums i've personally heard, the best tracks are 100% Marry the Night, Scheiße, The Edge of Glory and Hair without a doubt. The 80s influence (which she did like 2-3 years before Taylor, Carly and others in it's true form btw) was everything. The album made more sense and felt more loud, powerful, angry and inspirational during the tour months.

The Fame - My second favourite album from her, it's amazing and it truly was game changing at the time, it's fun, satirical, cynical and like all of Gaga's work has a level of self-empowerment. LoveGame, Money Honey, Eh Eh and Paparazzi are some of my favourites from it. It personally helped me build as much confidence as BTW did.

ARTPOP - So close but yet so far to what Gaga truly can be, it's on-par at joint second with The Fame in my ranking, it has some of Gaga's most poetic songwriting, her best production and had she went full on EDM with Ratchet, Red Flame, longer and louder tracks it would've solidified her as what I see her as. The queen of dance music. 

Joanne - Her latest album is still amazing but hasn't grown on me as much, this is probably the only Gaga album where I've removed non-bonus/deluxe tracks before, I only really listen to Joanne through to Perfect Illusion the most and then Hey Girl, Angel Down and Grigio Girls. Angel Down for me however is now the best song in her discography in my personal rating dethroning Mary Jane Holland and Brooklyn Nights respectively.

The Fame Monster - Probably my least favorite Gaga album, Dance in The Dark is easily the worst song on all her albums (yes even more than Jewels & Bops) it's too distorted and messy for me. I only ever listen to Alejandro, Monster and So Happy I Could Die with Teeth here and there. (So Happy I Could Die's R&B meets Synthpop sound is where I think she should go on her next album btw).

The Fame: Wow this is a fun pop record. 

TFM: Legendary pop record

BTW: Experimental. Living between fantasy and reality. 

ARTPOP: EDM. Fun and Immature 

Joanne: Boring and forgettable. Least favorite body of work. 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

26 minutes ago, Hexxx said:

The Fame: Wow this is a fun pop record. 

TFM: Legendary pop record

BTW: Experimental. Living between fantasy and reality. 

ARTPOP: EDM. Fun and Immature 

Joanne: Boring and forgettable. Least favorite body of work. 

This! No lies detected :golfclap:

holy scheisse

the fame is authentic quintessential Gaga. Pop, glam, disco, gaudy and catchy, all at the same time. Very simple but an excellent debut album. A game changing album. 

The fame monster is the most perfect EP to ever come out tbfh. It's a delight to the ears and truly pop perfection. Wonderful thematically and demonstrates growth built upon the fame. 

Born this way is het magnum opus. The strongest political messages, the most experimental in terms of electronic sounds, the boldest, the grittiest, and the most powerful album she's made yet. Showed leaps of growth from the fame monster. Excellent juxtaposition of darkness and light. 

ARTPOP is a magnificent piece of work as a whole. Each track flows seamlessly into the next and it's consistently enjoyable. Lacks standout tracks as everybody has their own likes and dislikes from it. Unfortunately it showed some regression and for the first time showed Gaga jumping on trends instead of pioneering them. Fun to listen to while still being smart, but lackluster in terms of the impression it leaves after listening. 

The lovely Joanne. A complete departure from the Gaga we once knew. Instead of experimenting, it simplifies. I am fond of the country, acoustic, pop fusion that is consistent throuhout the album. Definitely a high in terms of vocal delivery but also a low in terms of compelling instrumentation. Since it's so simple it can get dull quickly. I think Joanne plays it too safe but at the same time I love the departure from vapidity of ARTPOP towards something more raw and emotional. 

holy scheisse
1 hour ago, gagzus said:

Ranking them in order of my fave to least fave

Born this Way - Legendary album and it truly is her magnum opus and is one of the best pop albums i've personally heard, the best tracks are 100% Marry the Night, Scheiße, The Edge of Glory and Hair without a doubt. The 80s influence (which she did like 2-3 years before Taylor, Carly and others in it's true form btw) was everything. The album made more sense and felt more loud, powerful, angry and inspirational during the tour months.

The Fame - My second favourite album from her, it's amazing and it truly was game changing at the time, it's fun, satirical, cynical and like all of Gaga's work has a level of self-empowerment. LoveGame, Money Honey, Eh Eh and Paparazzi are some of my favourites from it. It personally helped me build as much confidence as BTW did.

ARTPOP - So close but yet so far to what Gaga truly can be, it's on-par at joint second with The Fame in my ranking, it has some of Gaga's most poetic songwriting, her best production and had she went full on EDM with Ratchet, Red Flame, longer and louder tracks it would've solidified her as what I see her as. The queen of dance music. 

Joanne - Her latest album is still amazing but hasn't grown on me as much, this is probably the only Gaga album where I've removed non-bonus/deluxe tracks before, I only really listen to Joanne through to Perfect Illusion the most and then Hey Girl, Angel Down and Grigio Girls. Angel Down for me however is now the best song in her discography in my personal rating dethroning Mary Jane Holland and Brooklyn Nights respectively.

The Fame Monster - Probably my least favorite Gaga album, Dance in The Dark is easily the worst song on all her albums (yes even more than Jewels & Bops) it's too distorted and messy for me. I only ever listen to Alejandro, Monster and So Happy I Could Die with Teeth here and there. (So Happy I Could Die's R&B meets Synthpop sound is where I think she should go on her next album btw).

We used lots of similar phrases describing various albums haha xoxo

Panchecco

I love them all in their own way: with The Fame I started being intrigued in the persona that was Lady Gaga and I was obsessed with the music, The Fame Monster showed me another side of her and I was wrokshipping her as a mythical figure. With Born This Way I realised she was more than a popstar to me, with ARTPOP I really saw her as a mentor and visionary, with Cheek To Cheek I discovered how powerful and amazing her voice could be and with Joanne I'm experiencing this new mature woman who wants to do good in the world and inspire/comfort people with her music.

The Fame was revolutionary for the time; it gave pop music a new life
The Fame Monster was pure pop and it was amazing
Born This Way was a mixture of unexpected sounds and genres that worked really well together
ARTPOP was a "safe album" meaning that the sounds were very popular at the time (EDM / DJ collaborations) but I think the meaning of the album was very powerful and inspiring
Joanne was a bit risky because Gaga wanted to do something different but I think it works. It's almost like a debut album of another different artist.

Archived