Sign in to follow this  
politics

CNN defends itself against Trump

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince   Paws Up 39,884
Morphine Prince

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • Like 5
Marry The Night, G.U.Y., and Perfect Illusion flopped for our sins.

Supersonic   Paws Up 22,721
Supersonic

Dragging Trump AND Buzzfeed at the same time? Legends.

• Like 11
Majestic, the future is electric.

Computer   Paws Up 9,962
Computer

What did he say about them?

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Venusfly   Paws Up 15,245
Venusfly
10 minutes ago, Computer said:

What did he say about them?

He started pointing & shouting at CNN journalists during his press conferences about how CNN is "fake news"

To be fair though the CNN journo was heckling him

Edited by LG
  • Like 3

FATCAT   Paws Up 26,221
FATCAT
33 minutes ago, LG said:

He started pointing & shouting at CNN journalists during his press conferences about how CNN is "fake news"

"They started it"

████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░░░░ President of GagaDaily ░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████

Juvi   Paws Up 1,639
Juvi
42 minutes ago, LG said:

well........ from my sense of journalism: I think CNN and everybody else should call out bs when there is, just like they did with Trump. The sad part here is that people prefer "easy", "young" news like *puking* Buzzfeed.

• Like 1

Venusfly
36 minutes ago, Juvi said:

well........ from my sense of journalism: I think CNN and everybody else should call out bs when there is, just like they did with Trump. The sad part here is that people prefer "easy", "young" news like *puking* Buzzfeed.

CNN were right to defend themselves but I also believe he should have done it more constructively and in a way that people would take more seriously. people will take more consideration into a calm persons argument than one heckling and shouting

• Like 2

Juvi   Paws Up 1,639
Juvi
1 minute ago, LG said:

CNN were right to defend themselves but I also believe he should have done it more constructively and in a way that people would take more seriously. people will take more consideration into a calm persons argument than one heckling and shouting

sorry but I'm not quite sure who you talking about? Or If I or you misunderstood one anothers comments? 

Because what I ment is that CNN were/are right with calling out his bs & Donald Trump is the one who is heckling & shouting ALWAYS......

....and maybe the guy from CNN was heckling him, but let's not try to defend Trump who is constanstly calling all people who express opinions against him as "fake", even if they do it in a not so calm way.

• Like 4

Venusfly
12 minutes ago, Juvi said:

sorry but I'm not quite sure who you talking about? Or If I or you misunderstood one anothers comments? 

Because what I ment is that CNN were/are right with calling out his bs & Donald Trump is the one who is heckling & shouting ALWAYS......

....and maybe the guy from CNN was heckling him, but let's not try to defend Trump who is constanstly calling all people who express opinions against him as "fake", even if they do it in a not so calm way.

I'm talking about the journalist who was fully in his right to call Trump out but went about it in the completely wrong way. Trump called out CNN in a pretty calm manner and the journalist goes crazy and starts heckling him for a response (it's weird it not being the other way around).

I'm not defending Trump, lets not get mistaken :P I was suggesting that if the journalist took a more calm approach at responding to Trump's remarks it'd be more respectable and believable and that we should be taking the high ground over Trump.

• Like 1

Skrill   Paws Up 3,985
Skrill

Buzzfeed needs to die anyway...

• Like 1
Tired little life.

Juvi   Paws Up 1,639
Juvi
3 hours ago, LG said:

I'm talking about the journalist who was fully in his right to call Trump out but went about it in the completely wrong way. Trump called out CNN in a pretty calm manner and the journalist goes crazy and starts heckling him for a response (it's weird it not being the other way around).

I'm not defending Trump, lets not get mistaken :P I was suggesting that if the journalist took a more calm approach at responding to Trump's remarks it'd be more respectable and believable and that we should be taking the high ground over Trump.

k, now I see.... ;) 

I just misunderstood you from your first comment and see your point of view now.

Edited by Juvi
  • Like 1

Maleficent   Paws Up 4,150
Maleficent

CNN is the chemotherapy we need to rid the internet of Buzzfeed.

Whispering   Paws Up 14,147
Whispering
4 hours ago, LG said:

Press conferences are always reporters shouting at the person answering questions. Jim Acosta addressed Trump respectfully with his words: "Since you are attacking our news organization, can you give us a chance to ask a question sir, sir, Mr. President Elect can you state categorically that...Mr. President Elect, can you give us a question..." He had to keep at it because Trump, the man child, was throwing a fit with his "No not you, not you, your news organization is terrrible...Quiet, Quiet..." 

Mr. Acosta has covered four other Presidential campaigns and White Houses-both Republicans and Democrats- and has never had a Press Secretary have to speak to him about his questions, his behavior and especially not threaten to throw him out. What does that tell you about Trump and his organization? 

It was Acosta's job to ask the tough questions, which is true of all the press in that room today and any other time there is opportunity. The press holds elected officials accountable. There are valid and important reasons why we have freedom of the press in the US. 

• Like 3

Benji   Paws Up 12,998
Benji

It's cool they're sh*tting on Buzzfeed, I instantly have some respect anyone willing to do that but defending themselves by basically saying "FREE SPEECH!" is pretty poor.

They can doll up their argument with "sources" but if they're not willing to publish their evidence or post their sources then it's basically gossip.

Edited by Benji

Luc   Paws Up 3,159
Luc
56 minutes ago, Benji said:

It's cool they're sh*tting on Buzzfeed, I instantly have some respect anyone willing to do that but defending themselves by basically saying "FREE SPEECH!" is pretty poor.

They can doll up their argument with "sources" but if they're not willing to publish their evidence or post their sources then it's basically gossip.

Free speech usually is a poor excuse, but for media it never is. Free speech is most of all intended for media, especially in a context like this.

Anyways - it's not just gossip anymore in my opinion. First of all the person who found all these things is deemed as very reliable. Secondly the FBI and CIA take it seriously. Thirdly the senators for homeland security, Trump and Obama were briefed about it.

I'm sure there's some lies in the full document (it's 'raw intelligence' they say), but it does give quite a big indication that there's something completely off. Let me remind you that Trump has had multiple positions about basically everything throughout his campaign except for his support of Russia. His team even lobbied for the RNC to scrap their position on Ukraine. Putting all these corrupt officials in place (putting his re-election chances in danger by swamping the drain) while there are plenty of alternatives in a country of 320 million people doesn't really make much sense unless you start looking at their relations with Russia.

Publishing the source would put the life of that person in great danger, by the way.

• Like 1