Featured Posts

VOLANTIS

7Pq9njEt6.png

Entry 1 - @Panchecco

8Ze9yHq.png

SIN: Lust
ALBUM: ARTPOP
ARTIST: Lady Gaga

OUTFIT: mainly inspired by the 2 main colors on the ARTPOP cover (blue and fuchsia) and by the song "Sexxx Dreams", this outfit is extremely revealing and sexy:
- vinyl high heeled boots
- sexy lingerie and harness made of leather and lace 
- metallic gloves 
- leather choker with gazing ball detail
- faux fur coat with long sleeves
- h0les sunglasses
- iconic ARTPOP wig

I think ARTPOP was the perfect album to represent "Lust" because at least half of the songs in it are about sex or love and the fashion during that era was costantly changing and very diverse which allowed me to go full "dominatrix"/"slutty stripper"

The judges all loved this outfit very much. It’s a complete look with everything Gaga could wear. It suits Gaga and is a very ARTPOP design while fitting well with the sin which the task asks for. But of course, we just had just minor suggestions for the look. The judges felt there was a bit too much going on with the look for example, when Gaga would take off the fluffy coat/jacket to show off the sexy lingerie, the h0les won’t contribute to the look anymore. And so, it was noted that the outfit could have maybe benefited from a simpler, sexier coat instead of a fluffy/bulky pink one? The judges felt a simplistic style could have complemented the leather lingerie better. The judges also suggested the look could have used simple stockings to tone down the look from being too forward so it could look more sinful and lustrous.

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half
  • Like 5

VOLANTIS

7Pq9njEt6.png

Entry 2 - @Ooolong

oolIzgn.jpg

I chose Charli XCX and her latest album, or mixtape, Number 1 Angel, and paired it with the sin lust. 

I envision Charli wearing this outfit in a music video; it consists of a transparent, black bodysuit that's decorated with a flower print and blue pearls, that continues onto her thighs, along with varying, actual roses on top. Along with this is a matching dad cap that sticks with Charli's edgier, more chill and modern side. But perhaps the star of the show, although the weakest in execution lmao, is a live snake Charli would hold, ala Britney. I didn't design hair because I think Charli's natural hair would pair well with the naturalness of the flowers, same with shoes (I like barefoot beauties I guess, lmao).

Aside from the fact that mixtapes are not technically studio albums, the judges were a bit confused about the colors, given the album and sin you chose. They liked how you incorporated the cap and saw this as a trendy look Charlie XCX could rock. We were also a bit confused as you never specified what the final situation will be regarding footwear and none of us really saw her going barefoot especially with this outfit. Some felt the roses and snakes were weak representations of lust and you could have gone with the sin ‘Envy’ to portray that a bit better. But we all felt that the piece looks very edgy and complicated in a good way.

Edited by VOLANTIS
  • Like 4

VOLANTIS

7Pq9njEt6.png

Winner = @LadOfAbyss:applause: 

gagavanity_by_luckyopal-db8too4.jpg

I chose the Joanne singer and got to play with both the Joanne era fashion, and incorporate the concept of Vanity- one of the seven deadly sins. 
I wanted to give her a look that would have people turn heads and say, "she's so pretty" so I went ahead and designed a hat that was both over the top but pretty to look at. I also didn't want to give her a 'cowgirl' hat because I think that would have been both boring and not very on topic. It's covered in pink flowers and has a green silk adornment. I also wanted to add a fan to give her some type of elegance and divaness. The dress is very slim and close fitting mental to be seductive with some openings in the sides. The lower half of the dress is to represent both gracefulness, and movement.  Next, I created her a pink jacket that matches the hat (it has the same symbol attached on it and meant to be worn together). She's wearing heavy makeup to emphasize vanity and has long dark gold hair. And of course you can't go wrong with a pair of cute, pink, high heels. 
-xoxo Joanne

Here are what some of the judges had to say about your look.

"I like the entire concept. It's sexy, it's dramatic - and the details are amazing. I love the hat, and I wish we could see it from more angles. I love how the details has meaning, and that they're not just random - it all just works really well to me. This is my winner.""

"Thematically, the pieces work and are tied together very well with the theme, and I can see Gaga wearing something like this, and I freaking love the detail."

"What I love mostly about the look is how efficiently and generously the sin is incorporated into a look that still at the first glance screams "Joanne". What I'd wish he would have done different is the hair. It still works though. And is so perfectly VAIN."

"This Victorian era inspired outfit does very well to express the sin 'Vanity'. I especially liked the look-at-me hat and the prim hand fan. The slim, short dress is seductive, yet the very-Joanne overcoat keeps curious eyes at bay. This outfit has a perfect balance between sexy and classy while maintaining the Joanne theme."

• Like 4

VOLANTIS

Congratulations @LadOfAbyss you've earned it.

:golfclap:

Heidi-and-Time.gif

• Like 2

Ooolong
On 5/18/2017 at 10:31 AM, VOLANTIS said:

Aside from the fact that mixtapes are not technically studio albums, the judges were a bit confused about the colors, given the album and sin you chose. They liked how you incorporated the cap and saw this as a trendy look Charlie XCX could rock. We were also a bit confused as you never specified what the final situation will be regarding footwear and none of us really saw her going barefoot especially with this outfit. Some felt the roses and snakes were weak representations of lust and you could have gone with the sin ‘Envy’ to portray that a bit better. But we all felt that the piece looks very edgy and complicated in a good way.

To answer some of y'all's questions; I personally found her going barefoot to be the most fitting, because with heels I think it would've made it look cheap or perhaps borderline trashy imo, and flats, such as a form of sneaker would've taken it from 'cool' to overly casual, slightly comical. I chose red just because it's what I've always associated with lust, and what I assumed most other people would. But I agree that the roses and snake were weak representation, it wasn't my original concept but this young gay is dueling it out with finals and end of the school year events (which is why this reply is so late lmao), so it seemed easier. :poot: 

Looking forward to when it resumes, hopefully when I've had some time to catch up on rest from hell fire finals. Lastly, congratulations @LadOfAbyss.

The Unbannable Chanteuse
  • Like 3

VOLANTIS
3 minutes ago, Ooolong said:

To answer some of y'all's questions; I personally found her going barefoot to be the most fitting, because with heels I think it would've made it look cheap or perhaps borderline trashy imo, and flats, such as a form of sneaker would've taken it from 'cool' to overly casual, slightly comical. I chose red just because it's what I've always associated with lust, and what I assumed most other people would. But I agree that the roses and snake were weak representation, it wasn't my original concept but this young gay is dueling it out with finals and end of the school year events (which is why this reply is so late lmao), so it seemed easier. :poot: 

Well I personally thought the look was EXPENSIVE AF especially with the etched flowers and pearls. And everyone really loved the way you used the cap. 

And CTL is on break mainly because of the finals and summer prep. And I heartedly appreciate you sending in your look through it all. :hug: Good luck with everything. 

You are all exceptionally creative which is why when I come up with tasks I have to make them overly complicated because I want to explore how comfortable you all are diving deep into the challenges. This one I've really thinned down to make up for the whole of GGD voting on your work. And I'll try to include simpler tasks in the future hopefully. :happy:

• Like 2

VOLANTIS
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Can we do traditional art? I'd love to join! 

Yes of course. As long as you can express your design it is perfectly acceptable. :) 

• Like 1

• Haroon pinned this topic
  • Haroon featured this topic
  • Haroon unfeatured this topic