lgbt

Pope denounces transgender people

Started by Supersonic with 102 replies so far

Just now, Schino said:

Religion has been political ever since Jesus died... 

I know that, but It shouldn't be. period 

Every morning there are mountains to climb.

21 minutes ago, Johny Wayne said:

I know I'm probably going to get shot for saying something like this on this website, but it's my opinion and I'd like to know yours too. So, 1st of all let me just say that I consider myself part of the LGBT comunity and have nothing but respect towards any of you. With that out, I just wanna say I don't understand transgender people. What being a man/woman means is something society pushes on us. I think we all have both "male" and "female" characteristics. In some cases those characteristics can be balanced or in other cases you can strongly identify with one gender, or what society tells you a gender is supposed to be. So u can surely be a man, but feel more like what you think a woman feels like. I get that. What I don't get, is why do you have to change your outside to match your inside? Cant you be male and act like a female? Many transgender people take hormones and do lots of plastic surgery. That can be very harmful for your body and it certainly is not natural. A guy with a fit body can actually be a geek inside. His body doesnt match his personality but he embraces his body. Why do you have the necessity of changing yours? Having this said, I also don't get body art or plastic surgery. Again, if you're transgender I mean no harm to you and respect your choices, but I dont understand them. Maybe you could try to explain your point of view and maybe I'll change my opinion, if you do have a valid point. :hug:

To understand that, you should meet a transgender and ask those questions and get the answer from a first experience, to understand what they felt and still feel, why it is important the outside to complete the inside and so on, if I'm not wrong there are few users here, you can try to make a conversation with them, I'm sure they'll be happy.

It is good to say "I have no idea what's going, I'm ignorant in X subject, teach me" and this is what you did in a polite way, I'm doing it too, so don't be scared.

2 people like this

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Can religion just die with old people so we can finaly be free of all this bullsh*t? It's doing more wrong than right

1 person likes this

Just now, Emigrante said:

I know that, but It shouldn't be. period 

I completely agree... If people just read the Bible, instead of listening to what the Pope says, it would be a completely different situation

I think what he's getting at is how permanent it is to have a gender change surgery and to have kids decide that young is just not rational.

He says it's being taught to children in textbooks which is probably true. It is most likely a paragraph or two in one textbook in one subject. If he's so concerned about what is being taught in school then he should really direct his bigotry toward science and the Big Bang Theory because that theory attacks his entire existence and the credibility of his religion  

I was raised Catholic, went to Catholic school, and do identity as Catholic but I really despise people who think this way. They praise Jesus but act far from the way He would act. Jesus is about love, kindness, and acceptance and it baffles me how modern day ppl do not understand that. 

The popes behavior influences a lot of the followers' behavior and opinions toward that subject. It makes it ok for Catholics to feel negatively toward this issue. 

20 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Gagadaily User Denounces Pope.

I denounce the Pope.

giphy.gif

Gender is a social construct, not biological sex. There are multiple societies that function on three genders as the norm. Google it it's very interesting

1 person likes this

Triggered religious extremist

giphy.gif

I'm a lesbian queen, live passionately tonight

While this statement is horrible coming from a person whose words can and will be used to fuel transfobia ... I kinda dont think this is something we need to teach small children.

Growing up me and my best girlfriend were both very much like boys. We had short hair and never wore dresses, played with boy's toys and even talked about how much better being a guy was. We absolutely disn't fit into the typical female gender. Had someone told us we could "magically" switch maybe we would've ... because we were f**kin children.

If you haven't gone through puberty I don't know if you can't fully grasp your gender identity and even sexual orientation. So leaving an impressionable child to think it can just pick a gender in my eyes is not a good idea because there may be no going back if they start transitioning and suddely realise it is not what they want.

Please, if you think what I juat said is idiocy do tell me :laughga: I am mostly uneducated on the subject matter of transsexuality so I may be talking nonsense and I apologise if I am. Its also 4 AM here atm so yeah xD

Edited by Monster Voices

Forever and Always!