💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

A Series of Unfortunate Events (Season 1)

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

I hate how some people are saying it's "cheesy" etc. 

Have you read the books? There's so much sarcasm and irony and so many lines are jokes. 

This is how it's supposed to be. 

It's a balance of comedy yet depressing stories. 

I think it could have been a bit darker BUT they are children's books after all. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sizzily

I got mixed up on what day yesterday was and its 5am so I can't continue it now but I just finished both parts of The Bad Beginning and I adored it!

Spoiler

I only got to book 10 but I don't remember anything about the parents being alive or any of the other members of the organization? Like, Gustav was only mention in TRR, right? And Jaclyn is an original character? I'm glad they added this so even the people who have read all the books have something new.

I love the style, some of the CG is odd, especially with Sunny, but its not a big deal. 

Also, Gustav and the hook-handed man are very attractive, wow :diane: 

I'm glad each book has around 2 hours dedicated to them, a problem I had with the 2004 movie, even when I was a kid, was it just rushed right through RR and WW. I remember how much went on in them but we on;y got about 25-30 minutes for both. I'm just so happy they're doing this. :giveup: 

One Banned Boi

I tried watching it and I felt it was too cringe worthy to sit through.

Maybe if I got into the books when I was a kid. For now, it's a pass. 

Morphine Prince
4 hours ago, Sizzily said:

I got mixed up on what day yesterday was and its 5am so I can't continue it now but I just finished both parts of The Bad Beginning and I adored it!

Reveal hidden contents

I only got to book 10 but I don't remember anything about the parents being alive or any of the other members of the organization? Like, Gustav was only mention in TRR, right? And Jaclyn is an original character? I'm glad they added this so even the people who have read all the books have something new.

I love the style, some of the CG is odd, especially with Sunny, but its not a big deal. 

Also, Gustav and the hook-handed man are very attractive, wow  

I'm glad each book has around 2 hours dedicated to them, a problem I had with the 2004 movie, even when I was a kid, was it just rushed right through RR and WW. I remember how much went on in them but we on;y got about 25-30 minutes for both. I'm just so happy they're doing this.  

About the parents.... it's not all how it seems. 

You'll get it when you finish this season. 

Morphine Prince
4 hours ago, Rush said:

I tried watching it and I felt it was too cringe worthy to sit through.

Maybe if I got into the books when I was a kid. For now, it's a pass. 

That's the style of it. Even in the books. The adults are meant to be ridiculous and it's full of dark humor. 

Ooolong

I just finished and I really enjoyed it :nick:.

I liked the casting a lot more than I'd expected, my only complaint is the usage of green screen. At some points it looked poor, but it adds to the ridiculousness of it all, I guess. 

It's been a years since I read the books so this is very nostalgic for me and it's so cool remembering all of the details :giveup:

The Unbannable Chanteuse

malazam

I LOVED IT. ONE OF MY FAVOURITE SHOWS EVER.

I NEED SEASON 2 NOW

I was shook when Klaus ended gender roles

another shot before we kiss the other side

DeleteMyAccount

Some things that stood out in a bad way: Why do Klaus and Violet seem like they could be twins? This was one of the issues I had with the movie too. Idk. That kind of bugged me; how similar in age they were. Next, the CGI for Sunny... I know it's hard to cast an infant and have them in practically every scene, but the CGI just seemed horrible in some parts. I also didn't get the green subtitles. Does that have significance in some way? The only other thing that bugged me was the wide window. It just looked odd to me. It looked somewhat modern for an older looking house. It was just a bit underwhelming compared to the movie version. That and also how Aunt Josefine picked up a statue (what was up with that? the statue being there) and threw it out the window without the kids noticing that the statue was gone...

Other than those smaller things, I was pleasantly surprised. NPH was really good. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some type of acting nom next year. I only read the series up to #7, so I'm not familiar with the secret organization or the parents. I know that they added some suspense to the story though. I also enjoyed the humor in this. I didn't expect to laugh as much as I did. Furthermore, I was pretty happy with what I watched. I'm glad they set up the next book so nicely too. 

Cocaine Heart
On 1/14/2017 at 8:18 AM, Morphine Prince said:

I hate how some people are saying it's "cheesy" etc. 

Have you read the books? There's so much sarcasm and irony and so many lines are jokes. 

This is how it's supposed to be. 

It's a balance of comedy yet depressing stories. 

I think it could have been a bit darker BUT they are children's books after all. 

I think a lot of the misconception comes from people who watched the movie and expected something similar.

I just finished watching today. I enjoyed it but I do wish it was a bit darker though.
When they get to the last 4 books though I wonder how they plan to keep that balance ..

When Count Olaf was explaining to Monti why he was chasing them  with the knife up the stairs it had in tears for hours :air:

We going to boo

Archived