Bad Romance in 2016: 116M views on vevo

Saymyname432

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BloodyJudas
25 minutes ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

Not just that, but she does not have streaming power. I guarantee once Katy returns her generic, but well promoted hit would surpass 100m after a couple of weeks. 

Stop hating on Katy being generic. Every artist has their own vision and it should be respected. Don't bring another singer down just because Gaga does not have streming and selling power anymore.

SlaeUrAnus
1 minute ago, BloodyJudas said:

Stop hating on Katy being generic. Every artist has their own vision and it should be respected. Don't bring another singer down just because Gaga does not have streming and selling power anymore.

So calling her generic is hate? I have nothing against Katy, I just think the majority of her music is generic.

In my messy era.

YeehawKylie
18 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

And Perfect Illusion struggling to get 70 million. :air: 

I feel like it pretty easily got 70 million...

That being said, I really don't get how Aint Your Mama by J.Lo has 300.000.000 views, more than any Gaga video released in the last 5 years...

BloodyJudas
1 minute ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

So calling her generic is hate? I have nothing against Katy, I just think the majority of her music is generic.

You are entitled to your opinion so do most of casual listeners who do not find Gaga's music worth buying or streaming anymore. This is what this kind of thinking amounts to if you wish to draw parallels.

Katy creates pop music and she is goot at it. She's already an established force in the music industry.Not every artist has to be pushing the envelope and be revolutionary. I'm just sick and tired of people badmouthing other artists just because they are massively popular and that includes Beyonce and Rihanna.

BloodyJudas
5 minutes ago, koonsisme said:

I feel like it pretty easily got 70 million...

That being said, I really don't get how Aint Your Mama by J.Lo has 300.000.000 views, more than any Gaga video released in the last 5 years...

"I ain't your mama" was a great hit in many European countries and Latin America ;) That's where the views come from :)

InsideOutright
21 hours ago, Scathach said:

Remember when Gangnam Style was the first video to reach 1 billion hits and it was this huge achievement :ladyhaha:

Or when Gaga was the first artist to reach a total of 1 billion views on her whole VEVO channel? And now she has over 4 billion total, but many other artists have billions more than that.

:ladyhaha:

And Bad Romance at one point was even the most viewed video on YouTube overall. I remember Monsters were spamming the comments of "Charlie Bit My Finger Again" (which BR was about to surpass) so badly that the uploaders had to add an annotation to the video telling Gaga fans to leave them alone. :rip:

At least when BR does surpass 1B, it will be the oldest video to do so. Nothing else pre-2010 is on track to pass 1B faster, right?

NewYorkCity

Her 2009 lead single gaining more views 7 years later than her 4 months old single. 

The Z
On 06/01/2017 at 8:58 PM, Economy said:

Slé :firega:

I still wonder how many views Bad Romance would of gotten had it been released 5 years later :huh: 

90m I guess. It wouldn't have worked...

Archived