Featured Posts

LePetitMonstr   Paws Up 15,444
LePetitMonstr

He's so annoying omg:toofunny:

• Like 1

FATCAT   Paws Up 24,947
FATCAT
37 minutes ago, Miel said:

True, but it is still important to acknowledge nonetheless.

The grain is still an indication of the bigger storm. People saying "it's not that important" must then be fully acknowledging as to why such a particular thing can happen and exist.

Of course, I wasn't saying that microagressions aren't important, we just have to prioritize our agression to topics, ya know? 

• Like 1

SychosSoChic   Paws Up 8,288
SychosSoChic

Attention seeking.

A travesty. It shows his pettiness. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Bigger issues at hand doe, glad I'm not subbed to him tho :ladyhaha:

3 hours ago, ryanripley said:

no he still has his original channel, he made one called jack septiceye 2 and deleted that one when he hit 50 million :poot:

SHADE :diane:

To my Irish husband :diane:

How dare you :diane: 

Edited by SychosSoChic
  • Like 2

ItsTommyBitch   Paws Up 7,814
ItsTommyBitch
3 hours ago, CowSiss said:

Not like there was 200 years of legalized and virtual slavery...

Not like it's barely been 50 years since we even began to treat each other with respect in America, heavy emphasis on began because we're still trying to find ways to respect one another

Not like being black, or anyone that isn't white for that matter, doesn't mean you are already at a sucky start to life

Not like bro culture is complete undermining years of social progression

Not like there is no such thing as racism

Not like everyone's not racist because everyone is racist and to say you are not goes to show how ignorant you are of the issues at hand. Racism is not dead and everyone is racist to their own degrees as a result of the prejudices, social expectations, and social presence that we project unto ourselves, our respective communities, and others in general

If you don't get offended by that word - THEN IT'S TIME TO OPEN YOUR EYES, READ A BOOK, DO YOUR RESEARCH, LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES, AND REALIZE WHY IT IS OFFENSIVE UNLESS YOU DON'T WANT TO PUT AN END TO THE SOCIAL PHENOMENON THAT IS RACISM! :trollga: Goshh

Sis, its gonna be okay :hug: 

Thanks for fighting the good fight :classy: 

3 hours ago, CowSiss said:

Like I said, we have to accept that we are all racist to our own individual extents and that's the reality of the world. However, it is easy to say we're not racist, when, in reality, we are programmed to be almost from birth

This is THE TEA! :grr: 

But ofc, when people only have the emotional maturity to think "being good to myself" is the extent required of being a good person and forget the part about "being good to others" they will never acknowledge this. People see things so black and white (:sis:).

"Racists are bad people and I'm not a bad person therefore I'm not a racist. Racists do racist things, and I'm not a racist therefore I do not do racist things.

Life is so much more nuanced than that, it bothers me that people don't see it :giveup: Tacit beliefs like this are why relationships between different classes and groups of people never seem to get very far towards improving :madge: 

9lNi8HG.gif

• Like 6

Deki   Paws Up 99
Deki

All of u here thinking hes over :ladyhaha:

He wont be over.

I love him huge fan of his and using the n word was wrong

Hes still not over

Also he used the ALLAHU AKBAR joke and im muslim and i found it insanely funny

• Like 1

420   Paws Up 956
2 hours ago, Miel said:

How so? Not trying to argue, but just stating from my own end.

The definition of racism states that it is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. It takes into the consideration that while a white individual may not see themselves as racially superior, they still benefit from regional white supremacy.

In this particular case, PewDiePie probably means no harm at all by it, but is rather ignorant to the particular context of the word. Kind of like how f*ggot was re-contextualized and reclaimed by queers/homosexuals after it's past (and very current) extensive use as a term of derogation, "n*gga" as a term is used within the community after years of it used against Black folk overall by white people (although, obviously, the initial term was "n*gger").

People of many ethnicities use the term in a non-derogatory way, but from several perspectives it doesn't necessarily make it right. For example, I grew up in a very low-income, inner-city, minority community, and used it pretty commonly, before being checked about it in college. God forbid you see rich suburban Asian kids trying to throw the term around (from personal experience, it's way too common).

PewDiePie, as a white man, shouldn't be saying that particular word. I mean, it's not an issue of censorship, if he really wants to he can say it, but he should know the very particular impact and context of the term, even if he is using it lightly.

imo, if you think some word is bad, you shouldn't allow anyone to say it at all and just let it fade away. I don't understand why Americans only call out white people when they use the word, but not when black people use it, which imo, makes it look like it's not that serious because they use the term lightly like it's a joke. They're oversensitive over small things, like black people might not even care about it as much as white people do.

I don't know about your customs or cultures as I'm not white or black, but it just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Princess Die   Paws Up 1,863
Princess Die

I don't get it... I thought his subscribers weren't old enough to read Twitter. :emma:

Princess Die   Paws Up 1,863
Princess Die
55 minutes ago, Sizzily said:

At least he's not Keemstar :poot: 

Lol **** Keemstar. :toofunny:

• Like 1

Ferrer Zorola   Paws Up 3,100
Ferrer Zorola

why is this word such a big deal...? like, I don't make that big of a deal when I hear the word "f_g"... besides, it literally means black in latin and guess what? black people are, well, black... he's also saying it on purpose and with the intention in Mexico we say "negro" just like we say "viejo" and said words mean black and old respectively but we even say it in a loving way... yes, people may use them as bad words but they're not that insulting?... :wtf: if I was a red head I wouldn't be offended if I was called literally what I AM? even if you say "beaner", "c*cksucker", etc, A) that's what I am and B) people are naturally dycks and as long as you don't know me personally, I'm not going to get offended cause I'm that secure... you need to try harder if you wanna offend me and not only that you need to mean something or be significant to me so why are people going nuts for decades over this LITERAL word? like geesh instead of getting mad at actual problems... (not that racism isn't a problem but imo this isn't a case of racism just a failed attempt to be funny) 

I know people will get angry when reading this and I know this issue has to do with afroamerican history but like seriously... y'all are stronger than this why don't you get offended by things that are more personal or direct...? My ancestors were native Americans but people derogatorily call them "indians" and even if I got called I'm one I've got a thick skin and besides I don't even look native American so...? yeah this post is just to express my confusion over this damn big deal of a word I'm sorry if I triggered you.

OT: this dude is so annoying anyways but his career isn't / shouldn't be over over this stupidity
gloss.gif
:bye:

MonsterPaws   Paws Up 1,274
MonsterPaws
5 hours ago, CowSiss said:

Stupid white boys thinking they can say that word; what really gets me is that he's not even from the US yet he still has the audacity to say that word. It goes to show his immense ignorance and privilege

However, there are going to be those who support him and say that he could say it, that just because one person says it's okay for him to say it, then it's okay, but really, those probably supporting him are straight men across the racial/ethnic spectrum who don't find any wrong in saying that word. Not only that, but gaming communities are so volatile and like to operate at the cusp of social masculinity

You hear people trolling other people, you hear or experience getting bashed because you're a female gamer or you're a gaymer. I find it so frustrating, too, because I didn't find anything wrong with PewDiePie, but, like I said, I'm not here for some Swedish fückboi to say whatever he said. It just goes to show how ignorant he is when he comes to the US, is loved and cherished, and is most likely going to get away with saying this word by using the argument of free speech and his supporters will too. Not saying that he cannot say it, it's perfectly legal to, but it's a matter of being smart, educated, and respectful of being in America and recognizing your privilege when other immigrants are busting their åsses in crummy labor jobs while you just film yourself playing video games. Swear to God, jacksepticeye better not turn into PewDiePie :madge:

He's not in America :emma:

Totally get you though. Especially given his large audience.

Evan Peters   Paws Up 6,691
Evan Peters

ya'll thinking this is gonna stop him from being the next person with 100 million subscribers :rip: