other

#PewDiePieIsOverParty is currently trending worldwide

Started by KinneyUnderYou with 171 replies so far

3 minutes ago, CowSiss said:

For one, don't call me an SJW, whether it be derogatory or complimentary. I do not identify as such. And yes, black people can be racist, any race and ethnicity can be racist, at least in how I define the term racist. Semantically, no, only those in power can be racist, thus, in America at least, white people are virtually the ones who can be racist. However, in my opinion, we cannot limit the definition of racism to those in power, or else we risk becoming even greater hypocrites than we already are and developing false notions of superiority over other individual races, which it just seems so silly to treat race as such a physical or biological thing when it isn't. But that's the way it is for some reason, and that's the way it's going to be dealt with

Honestly, that's easier said than done. You don't have to watch his content, but you're going to hear about it either way. He's basically YouTube's biggest star, at least in the Anglosphere. It's already on Twitter, it's going to be in the late night news, morning shows, in the cafeterias, in the classroom; there is no avoiding it, and to act as if it is very easy to avoid is just wishful thinking. You cannot sidestep the issue of racism or the profound affect one word can have when uttered by a pretty renowned celebrity. It is so easy to just keep avoiding the issue, but eventually, it will just grow into something absolutely horrendous that cannot be quelled

PewDiePie isn't that big. Calm down.

I understand what you're saying, but this one word in one video doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of racial oppression.

4 people like this

██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░░░░ President of GagaDaily ░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓██████

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, CowSiss said:

Or, I'm just trying to make you see why even something small as this matters, but stay petty I guess...

No you're being completely nonsensical just trying to find something to complain about but I'm not gonna go too deep because I'm already at 5 WPs :poot:

Btw you really do need to calm down, it is not that serious.

Edited by beverlyhills
2 people like this

~ eshalala cundala get up off those d!cks ~

1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

PewDiePie isn't that big. Calm down.

I understand what you're saying, but this one word in one video doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of racial oppression.

I mean, PewDiePie is really big, maybe not so much to us but the younger generation. And I get why you say I shouldn't get so worked up, but it's just... I don't know. If only people understood the concept of microaggressions

Wow that was so racist, if you listen closely you can hear him say "white people are better than black people and all black people are awful"

:awkney: 

4 people like this

Just now, CowSiss said:

I mean, PewDiePie is really big, maybe not so much to us but the younger generation. And I get why you say I shouldn't get so worked up, but it's just... I don't know. If only people understood the concept of microaggressions

Microagressions are like grains of sand in a sand storm. You have to look and defend against the storm, not just a grain. 

1 person likes this

██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░░░░ President of GagaDaily ░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓██████

This thread is messy. 

Pretty sure nobody here is arguing that racism is okay in any way, but there's a lot of offense being taken despite that.

yes, pewdiepie is massively popular and has a lot of influence. Rap music is also extremely popular and it's not like anyone would argue that because rap often contains use of the N word that only black people are allowed to listen to it. Heaven forbid I might want to sing along to Starboy by The Weeknd.

Context matters. He very clearly wasn't intending to insult anyone with his use of the word. The fuss over this is only going to lead to more people becoming aware of him who might otherwise never have been. This stupid hashtag will bring him more subscribers and he can laugh it off all the way to the bank.

just my two cents

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, beverlyhills said:

No you're being completely nonsensical just trying to find something to complain about but I'm not gonna go too deep because I'm already at 5 WPs :poot:

I'm not trying to find something to complain about though. We're in a thread about a well known YouTuber saying a word he shouldn't have and people treat it as nothing. God forbid he called someone a f•ggot or a c•nt, but it's whatever apparently to a sizable amount of GGD. I can go as deep as I want to because I don't have to be concerned about WPs  :poot:

Edited by CowSiss
3 people like this

Just now, CowSiss said:

I'm not trying to find something to complain about though. We're in a thread about a well known YouTube saying a word he shouldn't have and people treat it as nothing. God forbid he called someone a f•ggot or a c•nt, but it's whatever apparently a sizable amount of GGD. I can go as deep as I want to because I don't have to be concerned about WPs  :poot:

No one wants to hear that. I'm just gonna pay you dust from now. I would say I'd pray for you but I'm not religious so goodnight, sir.

~ eshalala cundala get up off those d!cks ~

3 minutes ago, beverlyhills said:

No one wants to hear that. I'm just gonna pay you dust from now. I would say I'd pray for you but I'm not religious so goodnight, sir.

K, goodnight. Don't let your inability to acknowledge certain tropes of American society that have been shown to continuously undermine the success of others bite :poot:

2 people like this

I'm not a fan of him but this 'white people can't say the n word but black people can bc black people can't be racist' shet is ridiculous and illogical to me lol

2 people like this

Fụck me, HugoMonster.

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, 420 said:

I'm not a fan of him but this 'white people can't say the n word but black people can bc black people can't be racist' shet is ridiculous and illogical to me lol

How so? Not trying to argue, but just stating from my own end.

The definition of racism states that it is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. It takes into the consideration that while a white individual may not see themselves as racially superior, they still benefit from regional white supremacy.

In this particular case, PewDiePie probably means no harm at all by it, but is rather ignorant to the particular context of the word. Kind of like how f*ggot was re-contextualized and reclaimed by queers/homosexuals after it's past (and very current) extensive use as a term of derogation, "n*gga" as a term is used within the community after years of it used against Black folk overall by white people (although, obviously, the initial term was "n*gger").

People of many ethnicities use the term in a non-derogatory way, but from several perspectives it doesn't necessarily make it right. For example, I grew up in a very low-income, inner-city, minority community, and used it pretty commonly, before being checked about it in college. God forbid you see rich suburban Asian kids trying to throw the term around (from personal experience, it's way too common).

PewDiePie, as a white man, shouldn't be saying that particular word. I mean, it's not an issue of censorship, if he really wants to he can say it, but he should know the very particular impact and context of the term, even if he is using it lightly.

Edited by Miel
2 people like this

3 points in and ready for more

55 minutes ago, CowSiss said:

K, goodnight. Don't let your inability to acknowledge certain tropes of American society that have been shown to continuously undermine the success of others bite :poot:

I honestly love you. It baffles me that people actually think it's okay for this man to say that, especially because the time we're in right now. If it's okay for him to say it, then, someone bigger is gonna think it's okay, and it's  just gonna keep going on and on until white people again think they're superior. 

5 people like this

1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

Microagressions are like grains of sand in a sand storm. You have to look and defend against the storm, not just a grain. 

True, but it is still important to acknowledge nonetheless.

The grain is still an indication of the bigger storm. People saying "it's not that important" must then be fully acknowledging as to why such a particular thing can happen and exist.

2 people like this

3 points in and ready for more

I honestly don't think this word is as bad as the actual n word but still why the **** do all these white people think it's just another way to say "dude"? It's clearly not.

We ALL know that this word is problematic at some point so who is stupid enough to use it publicly? Like get a ****ing brain. 

It's stupid as lying knowing that you're gonna get caught. Why? Just avoid being problematic if you don't have to.

3 hours ago, Schino said:

tenor.gif

Woah an inside look at the AYO music video.

Let's take you to Chanel cuz' you look like hell.