💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Confession: I don't like The Fame (Monster)

The Surrealist

Featured Posts

The Surrealist
43 minutes ago, viniferrett said:

you can dislike the album but saying BR mv is bad is just wrong  

tumblr_oj03t4wZzN1u6n38po1_400.gif

I don't like the bathhaus scenes and the locations in particular.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sycamore said:

I didn't compare them. I said I liked BTW (and the rest of her albums) more than TF/M.

You can appreciate things, but also not like them.

No I know. I totally understand that. But I wasn't talking directly about your post, just some other replies I've seen on this thread doing so.

The Surrealist
6 hours ago, Gagas love said:

how do these flop threads amass so much attention

by having an opinion.

PMKKARDASHiAN

I'm in my bed, alone. I just lit a cigarette and 'Village of the Damned' is currently filling the silence. With every drag I take, I become even more overwhelmed by the mass of fans who not only consider TF/M gagas weakest bodies of work, but also have the audacity to put such lurid trash as AP and Joanne at the top of the heap. 

Where has the meaning of life gone? What's the purpose? I throw the sheets off of me, and pad out of my room, down the hall, through my living room and into my kitchen. The coffee is made. I set it for automatic brew at 6:30am. This is one thing I can count on in life, while GGD has me questioning the remaining aspects, or better yet, mysteries, yet to be solved. 

AP and Joanne over TF/M? Does Jesus exist? Did Noah really get swallowed by a whale? Are we sure aliens didn't build the pyramids? 

I feel lost. 

I feel hopeless. 

The coffee is poured, and I empty the last of my Italian Sweet Creme coffee creamer into it, and place the empty bottle in the trash. The trash. The same place I emotionally set AP and Joanne some time ago, metaphorically speaking of course. 

My dog comes up to me, tail wagging. I envy his blissful ignorance to tragedies of this world, this sad cruel world where there are actually people who believe TF/M aren't the best bodies of work by gaga, but also, the greatest albums of the late 00's and early 10's. 

I take my coffee, and walk back to my room. My dog follows me, still unaware of the world and time he lives in. I still envy him. 

Perhaps, I'll always envy the carefree way in which his existence is laid out. To him, gaga is only a loud noise that used to be played in the background of his life. Luckily though, he's not been exposed to AP and Joanne. 

How lucky. 

I only wish I had not been exposed. 

I wish I had only been given the gummy bears too. 

The Surrealist
46 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

I'm in my bed, alone. I just lit a cigarette and 'Village of the Damned' is currently filling the silence. With every drag I take, I become even more overwhelmed by the mass of fans who not only consider TF/M gagas weakest bodies of work, but also have the audacity to put such lurid trash as AP and Joanne at the top of the heap. 

Where has the meaning of life gone? What's the purpose? I throw the sheets off of me, and pad out of my room, down the hall, through my living room and into my kitchen. The coffee is made. I set it for automatic brew at 6:30am. This is one thing I can count on in life, while GGD has me questioning the remaining aspects, or better yet, mysteries, yet to be solved. 

AP and Joanne over TF/M? Does Jesus exist? Did Noah really get swallowed by a whale? Are we sure aliens didn't build the pyramids? 

I feel lost. 

I feel hopeless. 

The coffee is poured, and I empty the last of my Italian Sweet Creme coffee creamer into it, and place the empty bottle in the trash. The trash. The same place I emotionally set AP and Joanne some time ago, metaphorically speaking of course. 

My dog comes up to me, tail wagging. I envy his blissful ignorance to tragedies of this world, this sad cruel world where there are actually people who believe TF/M aren't the best bodies of work by gaga, but also, the greatest albums of the late 00's and early 10's. 

I take my coffee, and walk back to my room. My dog follows me, still unaware of the world and time he lives in. I still envy him. 

Perhaps, I'll always envy the carefree way in which his existence is laid out. To him, gaga is only a loud noise that used to be played in the background of his life. Luckily though, he's not been exposed to AP and Joanne. 

How lucky. 

I only wish I had not been exposed. 

I wish I had only been given the gummy bears too. 

cometchengret.gif

Naor Daniel

Both albums are absolutely brilliant 

Paparazzi, Poker Face, Alejandro and Bad Romance are iconic and legendary singles

The Fame Monster is the ultimate pop record. That is the biggest record by the biggest phenomenon of the century.

gagzus

I agree except The Fame is flawfree for me (Summertrash not withstanding) SHICD is the best song on the album and it's my least fave gaga album

YeehawKylie

I honestly don't care for The Fame Monster either. I do not listen to it often. Of course Bad Romance is iconic, but the rest I just don't think aged well. I enjoy it for the cohesive work it is: the lyricism, themes, album art, videos and promo. That is clearly why it is remembered as her best work and I cannot blame it for being considered as so. It was a perfectly managed era. 

Gov Hooka

The fame minus the singles and a couple songs is trash 

TFM is wonderful though even if I think BTW, J, and AP are better.

The era slays in a wholistic aspect. Music, Performances, fashion, management, tour, marketing was all on point and represents Gaga at her peak

I feel like it's a Mood thing.

Everytime I play The Fame, I just end up listening to the whole record (nobrowneyes) in full, because it's how I want to feel.

Same for The Fame Monster, I always end up listening to the whole thing and it gets me a nostalgic feel.

BTW is my fav but at same time I listen to songs that I want and that's it (but every 4 months I end up getting addicted into a new-old song fro BTW or something :laughga:).

LaLuna

For some reason this confession doesn't trigger me as much as when people say they hate Joanne :ladyhaha:

Personally I think The Fame is a good pop record in its own right, but it has too many fillers and it didn't age very well. It sounds very dated now, and only the singles are worth listening to IMO. 

As for TFM, I don't have anything bad to say about it, it's a solid piece of work. 

ferretti

You can feel whatever you feel, even scary things like this. I find the The Fame Monster to basically be perfection except for So Happy I Could Die. I wish that song would die and never come back. :nails:

disco stick tester, inquire within

Archived