đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The DWUW Video would have destroyed Gaga's career....but why?

Drin Lon

Featured Posts

Helxig
6 minutes ago, Batwings said:

She should have just done a solo version without R. Kelly. Then it would have smashed, and there wouldn't have been any apprehension about it.  :madge:

The solo version gets the point across better in my opinion. And the Christina version just adds a whole lot of extra pep to the song. And now that I think about it... it's girl power vibes are almost like a prequel to Hey Girl. I think if she released the Christina version it would've smashed! 

Also I'm pressed that she removed the lyrics "my bones hurt from all the shows, but I don't feel the pain 'cause I'm a pro. I sink in, and then I'm okay, because my body belongs to you when I'm on stage" in lieu of R Kelly's dirty verse.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

Why wouldn't it let her book the Oscars? Is there some fact to that or just your opinion?

giphy.gif

You really think the Academy would want anything to do with an artist whose reputation has been destroyed by sexual controversy?

It would have been extremely difficult to rebuild her image if the video were released

imwoahvicky
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

Also I'm pressed that she removed the lyrics "my bones hurt from all the shows, but I don't feel the pain 'cause I'm a pro. I sink in, and then I'm okay, because my body belongs to you when I'm on stage"

What-Excuse-me-Say-what-GIF.gif

âšś Roll Deep âšś

11 minutes ago, Azelf550 said:

People already call it hypocritical because she worked with R. Kelly in the first place :shrug:

Imagine with the video :smh:

PMKKARDASHiAN
8 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

i honestly feel like nobody would give a **** besides basic media criticizing her and haters :awkney:

your everyday radio-listeners, teenagers dominating the music industry, etc. wouldn't give a **** besides all these cringey fanbases :awkney: 

Exactly. No one would have given a **** except uptight fan bases and the media which was already trashing gaga. 

The video should have been released, who gives a **** what the daily sun, Angela Chung, and Katy kats thought. 

Oh well. 

SKANK
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

It really could've gone either way tbh. We can't predict what would've happened. Especially because we never saw the full video, just the snippets that TMZ chose to release. And we all know that TMZ twists things to be the most controversial they possibly can. Who knows what it would've been. From what I've seen I kind of feel like it was a blessing in disguise that it never got released. 

On this topic though, does anyone remember any reasons as to why it wasn't released? My brain wants to remember something about controversy coming out regarding R Kelly before it's release but I'm not sure if that's true...

The accusations being made against Terry Richardson (the director) were coming to an apex. Models were coming forward about their abusive experiences with him.

This wasn't news to anyone who knew who Terry Richardson was. Gaga knew when she hired him that he took advantage of young women in the exact same way she was taken advantage of as a young women in the music industry. She turned a blind eye to his behavior, raised his public profile, and padded his pockets with money.

Not a fan of the R Kelly version's lyrics but you must admit that his voice fits very well in the song.

tbh I hate all the DWUW remixes and everything

giphy.gif giphy.gif giphy.gif

R.Kelly version was the best, her solo version is "good" but it's just... it don't shine bright as the R.Kelly duet. He could have been replaced by someone like The Weeknd tho

giphy.gif

The Xtina version was almost good but the fact she was singing gaga lyrics and... "My bones hurts from all the shows" when her last tour was like 10 years ago...

giphy.gif

Helxig
4 minutes ago, Leeo said:

Yes!

Funny how just like last year we got a picture of a scene that we didn't know before, featuring gaga\R.Kelly dancin' in front of fans.

We only knew about that "scene" because people who attended the shoot said it, but now we had pics of it that TMZ didn't show up.

I really feel curious about this vid tbh, I wish it could just leak but not create a massive scandal nnn

That scene looked beautiful tbh.

If it came out now though, after the Til It Happens To You era, it could be plated off very badly be the media and work against her. It actually kinda worked out that she didn't release it, because it almost discredits TIHTY. Or at least it would to the GP who can't see the metaphorical value of hers/R Kelly's lyrics.

It's the other scenes that we saw which would've been controversial, with her humping newspaper articles naked, the sexual moans are R Kelly touches her hip under the blanket, the lobster dinner while she's under anesthesia, nurses climbing on her... they wouldn't have understood it for what it really meant. Unless it was edited together reeeally well.

What I'm most disappointed about is not getting all the behind the scenes/making of footage!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Just now, Leeo said:

R.Kelly version was the best, her solo version is "good" but it's just... it don't shine bright as the R.Kelly duet.

Couldn't agree more.

Chromatislaps
3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

What-Excuse-me-Say-what-GIF.gif

Not signed in

look up the DWUW solo version :reductive: 

imwoahvicky

this triggers me alot and makes me remember that DWUW would've most likely saved the ARTPOP era and gave her another diamond smash hit :saladga:

âšś Roll Deep âšś

3 minutes ago, Helxig said:

That scene looked beautiful tbh.

If it came out now though, after the Til It Happens To You era, it could be plated off very badly be the media and work against her. It actually kinda worked out that she didn't release it, because it almost discredits TIHTY. Or at least it would to the GP who can't see the metaphorical value of hers/R Kelly's lyrics.

It's the other scenes that we saw which would've been controversial, with her humping newspaper articles naked, the sexual moans are R Kelly touches her hip under the blanket, the lobster dinner while she's under anesthesia, nurses climbing on her... they wouldn't have understood it for what it really meant. Unless it was edited together reeeally well.

What I'm most disappointed about is not getting all the behind the scenes/making of footage!

I also think the fact that DWUW was supposed to be released as a "Bundle" is because they knew that things would be hard\would need to be explained.

It was said the vid would come out with also a small doc\behind the scenes...Interviews...

Why would they drop a interview with Gaga + Director together with the music vid itself? because they wanted to explain everything at same time the vid was out and try to stop any "Misunderstood"

LUO YI

Madonna's career didn't end with SEX, Erotica, and the Girlie Show :madge:

She would be here with another hit and a controversial single era. 

The night sky tells all

Archived