Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

What's the benefit of streaming ?!

Andrew2512

Featured Posts

Andrew2512

So some albums like Bouquet by The Chainsmokers sold 6000 copies in pure sales but charted high as it had 36000 including streaming , I mean streaming is for free so what do artists benefit from it ? And why did Billboard suddenly included it as points for charts ?

Some people pay for streaming + they still get some money even if u have a free account on spotify. its better that than everyone downloading illegally in the end...

ArtPLAUSE

Artists get something out of every streaming, because streaming services get money out of AD's and premium formulas. Idk why Billboard included it the way it did, but since streaming is becoming more and more relevant, in a way that's detrimental to album sales, it was necessary to reckon its impact on the music industry somehow.

Batwings

Honestly, I miss the old days when BB charts were determined by pure sales only.

DeanWinchester

Times change etc. I still think the ratio of sales:streams is bullshit

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Saint Laurent

The personal benefit of streaming is that you pay a fee each month and have unlimited access to music.

With regards to charts, it's beneficial because it is more indicative of popularity than pure sales are because not many people buy music anymore.

Archived