💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Lady Gaga and her "homeless boyfriend" in Malibu (26-12)

Dima

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe.. buy him a house or something? :shrug:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

pedrohemg
39 minutes ago, Delusional Aura said:

You don't agree with giving homeless people money? :shocked:

Explain please :blink:

I also usually don't give homeless people money because they can use it to buy drugs and drinks. But if they want to eat, I can give them food.

Delusional Aura
42 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

It doesn't benefit them in the long run and it can encourage violence within their circles (especially with younger homeless people). It also perpetuates that cycle of sleeping rough because you're in essence funding their lifestyle. If people want to actually help they should offer literature and contact numbers. There are plenty of outreach programmes that you can contact. Also you can contact your local MPs (unsure how this works outside of the UK) to tackle legislation when it comes to the homeless because it also needs change.  

It's definitely nice gestures but really it's hollow if all you do is give yourself a pat on the back for your good deed and carry on walking.  :)

I never thought of looking at it in that perspective. 

5 minutes ago, princetomc said:

He's probably her local dealer, also he's serving a better look than she is 

2 minutes ago, Misaki said:

Queen of the homeless

asdfghjkl you two are too much omg

7 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

I also usually don't give homeless people money because they can use it to buy drugs and drinks. But if they want to eat, I can give them food.

Some of my student government have/are planning a small system of giving out extra food from our local university to the homeless community downtown. Food cabinets are a more beneficial first step, I think.

3 points in and ready for more

djBuffoon
1 hour ago, ronnix said:

With all the money she has she could just get him his own place to live :toofunny:

which he would still need to make frequent payments on... :huh: 

4 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

which he would still need to make frequent payments on... :huh: 

..and he would be able to make those payments if she gave him a job :huh: 

djBuffoon
Just now, ronnix said:

..and he would be able to make those payments if she gave him a job :huh: 

If she felt he was capable of fulfilling a job on her personal bankroll, then I'm sure she would. Needless to say, that hasn't happened yet :sis: 

1 hour ago, Dominic Marc said:

It doesn't benefit them in the long run and it can encourage violence within their circles (especially with younger homeless people). It also perpetuates that cycle of sleeping rough because you're in essence funding their lifestyle. If people want to actually help they should offer literature and contact numbers. There are plenty of outreach programmes that you can contact. Also you can contact your local MPs (unsure how this works outside of the UK) to tackle legislation when it comes to the homeless because it also needs change.  

It's definitely nice gestures but really it's hollow if all you do is give yourself a pat on the back for your good deed and carry on walking.  :)

I understand your logic but sometimes even a simple kind gesture can give someone hope or ease their suffering slightly, if only for a night. I live in Los Angeles where we have a massive homeless population. I have a fair bit of experience doing outreach and volunteer work for the homeless here.

There are nowhere near enough resources to help them all. Not even close. I have made many, many phone calls to legislators, to the mayor, to the governor, etc and have spent many hours marching in the streets as a protestor fighting for economic equality and resources for the poor. I've done this over the last decade or so.

Meanwhile, during that decade, tens of thousands of people went to bed afraid, hungry, and alone in the streets of my city night after night. I used to volunteer in a homeless youth shelter and some of the kids there were 3rd generation homeless, meaning they were born homeless and so were there parents. Many of them had been engaged in prostitution before even reaching their teens just so they could avoid starving to death. And yet they were the "lucky" ones for having a shelter to stay in!

In my opinion, to tell those people, "Sorry, no money for you. Here's directions to a homeless shelter that's full. I'll call a senator for you. Bye!" is far more hollow than offering them money for a meal so that they can spend one night feeling full and knowing that someone was willing to offer them some immediate help, however small.

That said, I would always recommend offering actual food, water, etc over cash for their own safety since many don't have anywhere secure to store it.

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

2 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

If she felt he was capable of fulfilling a job on her personal bankroll, then I'm sure she would. Needless to say, that hasn't happened yet :sis: 

No one said she had to put him on an important position. She could just have him do easy stuff :interestinga:

djBuffoon
4 minutes ago, ronnix said:

No one said she had to put him on an important position. She could just have him do easy stuff :interestinga:

I didn't say anywhere that it had to be an important position :interestinga: 

Dominic
18 minutes ago, Mama Ru said:

I understand your logic but sometimes even a simple kind gesture can give someone hope or ease their suffering slightly, if only for a night. I live in Los Angeles where we have a massive homeless population. I have a fair bit of experience doing outreach and volunteer work for the homeless here.

There are nowhere near enough resources to help them all. Not even close. I have made many, many phone calls to legislators, to the mayor, to the governor, etc and have spent many hours marching in the streets as a protestor fighting for economic equality and resources for the poor. I've done this over the last decade or so.

Meanwhile, during that decade, tens of thousands of people went to bed afraid, hungry, and alone in the streets of my city night after night. I used to volunteer in a homeless youth shelter and some of the kids there were 3rd generation homeless, meaning they were born homeless and so were there parents. Many of them had been engaged in prostitution before even reaching their teens just so they could avoid starving to death. And yet they were the "lucky" ones for having a shelter to stay in!

In my opinion, to tell those people, "Sorry, no money for you. Here's directions to a homeless shelter that's full. I'll call a senator for you. Bye!" is far more hollow than offering them money for a meal so that they can spend one night feeling full and knowing that someone was willing to offer them some immediate help, however small.

That said, I would always recommend offering actual food, water, etc over cash for their own safety since many don't have anywhere secure to store it.

Completely disagree and it perpetuates the circularity of homelessness but it's nice to see someone else has a well thought out view on the matter and cares. 

I agree that food etc are better than money but the rest again I completely disagree.  

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived