series

The OA (Netflix Original Series)

Logan

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Indyl said:

Started watching after I saw this thread last night. On episode 6 and IN LOVE.

That makes me happy to hear that :) You're already farther than me lol

ItsTommyBitch

Im on episode 3... Might not go on tbh

Spoiler

Her back story and persona was encapsulating enough... but the twist is that she actually WAS held captive, just with people that had NDEs :gum:That literally took all of the mystery out of the show :deadbanana:  Thats like, a huge set up with the Russian backstory, her "special" ness and effect on people, and then its SUCH a huge let down. It better get better, im pissed tbh.

Also, what the **** are the odds of such a specific "researcher" /kidnapper finding her there? Its astronomical. There seems to be some sort of message of how she's special, about how death isn't permanent, its a choice, but the reveal that she was kidnapped by a charismatic researcher?  That just ruins the mystery of the show, unless they plan to bring it back later like "People who had NDEs ARE special! BWAH!" and then it'll be too late.

Also, Homer being dumb af when shes like "Are you kidding me, if i get back up there im gonna hit him over the head or something" and hes like "thats not important, just let my son know I care!" 

Girl, BYE :laughga: 

The first two episodes, OA was mysterious like "You don't want to know what happened to me, or how I got my sight back" like it was something magical or mystical or alien or whatever. Im just super disappointed that we're probably gonna have to see them be in cages for like, 5 more episodes before they get out. I literally don't care about that plotline, it turns the entire show into "lacklusterbackstory!" when the premise of why a backstory is needed (girl returns after being missing for long time and can suddenly) is not that interesting in the first place.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

24 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Im on episode 3... Might not go on tbh

Hide contents

Her back story and persona was encapsulating enough... but the twist is that she actually WAS held captive, just with people that had NDEs :gum:That literally took all of the mystery out of the show :deadbanana:  Thats like, a huge set up with the Russian backstory, her "special" ness and effect on people, and then its SUCH a huge let down. It better get better, im pissed tbh.

Also, what the **** are the odds of such a specific "researcher" /kidnapper finding her there? Its astronomical. There seems to be some sort of message of how she's special, about how death isn't permanent, its a choice, but the reveal that she was kidnapped by a charismatic researcher?  That just ruins the mystery of the show, unless they plan to bring it back later like "People who had NDEs ARE special! BWAH!" and then it'll be too late.

Also, Homer being dumb af when shes like "Are you kidding me, if i get back up there im gonna hit him over the head or something" and hes like "thats not important, just let my son know I care!" 

Girl, BYE :laughga: 

The first two episodes, OA was mysterious like "You don't want to know what happened to me, or how I got my sight back" like it was something magical or mystical or alien or whatever. Im just super disappointed that we're probably gonna have to see them be in cages for like, 5 more episodes before they get out. I literally don't care about that plotline, it turns the entire show into "lacklusterbackstory!" when the premise of why a backstory is needed (girl returns after being missing for long time and can suddenly) is not that interesting in the first place.

Spoiler

I just finished episode 5 and at the end of the episode the show takes a drastic turn towards magical/supernatural. Even more so than before. Sorry to hear you're disappointed with it. I'll admit the show is frustrating, only because you want to skip all of the backstory and character development and get to a point where they escape, but a good show builds up a foundation before it hits major plot points. 

Binged the first 4 episodes. Loved the mystery, acting, and atmosphere.

The trippy ending of episode 1 was everything.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Just now, lilmonster93 said:

Binged the first 4 episodes. Loved the mystery, acting, and atmosphere.

The trippy ending of episode 1 was everything.

Omg you will lose your mind at the end of episode 5. 

Just now, Logan said:

Omg you will lose your mind at the end of episode 5. 

I'm going to binge the other half, in a few days.

Yeah I heard the ending of episode 5 is crazy. 1 reviewer said its the best moments of the season.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Just now, lilmonster93 said:

I'm going to binge the other half, in a few days.

Yeah I heard the ending of episode 5 is crazy. 1 reviewer said its the best moments of the season.

I would agree, it's my favorite moment of the entire season.

Spoiler

Basically it's the moment when you realize that their efforts aren't in vain and something truly magical and crazy happens. 

5 minutes ago, Logan said:

I would agree, it's my favorite moment of the entire season.

Reveal hidden contents

Basically it's the moment when you realize that their efforts aren't in vain and something truly magical and crazy happens. 

I have a feeling I know what's going to happen, since I heard the show goes into body horror and her scars haven't been explained yet.

I just finished it! Without spoiling it, its quite open to interpretation. Enjoyable, definitely worth a watch through, and that theme song :wub:

7 hours ago, Cage Appleby said:

I just finished it! Without spoiling it, its quite open to interpretation. Enjoyable, definitely worth a watch through, and that theme song :wub:

I love the discussion on Reddit about it, some very interesting theories. 

Archived