Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga to still go ahead with her Jakarta concert

DORd

Featured Posts

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's so obvious that it's probably getting cancelled?

:rofl:

The question was: why would she go there.

The answer: because she has lots of fans there.

Yes, it's most likely being cancelled, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't have gone there in the first place.

These are all empty threats. Im not saying that there wont be a few protestors when she gets off the plane, but they wont turn physical.

That being said, if they are willing to go to jail then let them go to jail. Gaga needs to go.

I doubt this is hurting her image much at all. Those that already hated her will continue to hate her without actually knowing/understanding the content of her work, and those not fundamentally opposed will continue to be not fundamentally opposed (whether that means they are fans or that they don't care about her one way or another).

And I'm sure she's not saying anything because it's likely her and her team are still assessing the situation, which is obviously still developing in Jakarta itself. I think remaining mum to this point has been wise.

And, as always, regardless of the outcome, the fact that fundamentalist religious factions are terrified of her is proof that she's a positive force in entertainment and art. It's a testament to the importance of her message and the progressiveness of her image. :legend:

GodHatesFangs

I think the police are just bull****ting. They dont even want Lady Gaga there. Perhaps Obama should "blackmail" them with his political influence. It wouldnt affect the religious but the authorities would have to guarantee her safety to keep their ties with US.

jhonyguy04

Are you saying she should not go to Indonesia simply because it's an Islamic country?

Yes I am!! Tell me one Islamic country that is open to letting her perform??? Maybe Dubai, but that's it. Even they said they don't allow homos-xuality in their country. Iam sorry, but Islam is one of the most narrow minded religions. Call me ignorant, but I think it's the truth.

Jase

These are all empty threats. Im not saying that there wont be a few protestors when she gets off the plane, but they wont turn physical.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/05/10/irshad-manji-book-tour-in-indonesia-runs-into-trouble-with-islamic-thugs/

You can't just claim these are "empty threats" when these people are blatantly very dangerous

jhonyguy04

Her image was bad with a hard line Islamic group, is that really surprising?

Now it's questionable to millions of people after the accusations keep being talked about on world news over and over.

I disagree. If anything Gaga is getting sympathizers. These fundamentalist are making themselves look so bad, that next to them, Gaga looks good.

RAMROD

And she's a business person.

These accusations have hurt her image big time in Asia. I doubt she'll ever go back.

Actually it's not hurting her, it's making her even more famous and getting the notorious image.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Eulonzo

i'm buying a ticket to indonesia and imma be her bodyguard for the entire day

NO ONE WILL TOUCH THE GAG'S

That's my line.

Forrest Gump

She needs to continue with the concert. Opposing this will be a defining moment in her career. She cant let them have their way.

Klou

It said on the news already that the the show was canceled, and those people that they showed was talking crazy talk, one of them said that he's ready even to sacrifice his life just to stop Gaga from coming there and performing, i don't think it's a good idea going there, i hope Gaga knows what she's doing :ohno::deadbanana:

He wants to sacrificing himself because of Gaga. Oh lord :ohmy:

Elizabeth

I'm kinda worried for her to go there. I mean, some of these threats are pretty serious, it's not just like Shirley Phelps standing outside of an arena with her kids and 'God hates Gaga' signs. Some of these people seem intent on causing harm and chaos and if there's any potential harm to the 40,000 fans attending, Gaga or anyone else then I don't think it's a good idea for it to happen which is sad because it means so many fans have to miss out on a show because of people who think they can get away with (and do get away with) imposing their beliefs about Gaga on others.

Archived