Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne vs ARTPOP: a personal analysis

Magneto

Featured Posts

Magneto

I was a casual listener from the start, stayed up for the first time to check out the Alejandro mv, started lurking GGD during BTW, but my standom wasn't complete untill the pre-ARTPOP era started. All the anticipation, all of the speculation; it was so intense and when ARTPOP finally came out, it was like a gift from the heavens. I never really understood why this album/era was so engaging to me. I mean: a lot of ppl were complaining about how the execution was kinda messy and the record was too EDM-heavy.

Now that Joanne has come out I can't help but feeling less engaged and I've felt kinda guilty about it. I didn't wanna 'betray' Gaga and I certainly didn't wanna be one those 'nagging' monsters I experienced when I was enjoying ARTPOP so much. So what is it about ARTPOP that really speaks to, where Joanne doesn't? Why did I like every album better than the one before, but couldn't she top ARTPOP? I've finally found my personal answer, so after this long a$$ intro imma share it with you.

The answer is:

DGHVLQ5XX2itO.gif

Detachement

I've always been a dreamer. Instead of dealing with problems, I run away from them to my own beautifull fantasies. I've stopped watching the news for years now, so I don't have to know about all the terrible things in the world. When I feel sad I just put on my headphones on an blast loud music and dance the pain away. Music, raves and a sh*t load of drugs make me feel alive, forget about my problems and just feel so damn free.

I'm not saying this is a good and healthy way of dealing with problems, but it's why ARTPOP will be my rebellious spirit animal for life. I'm afraid Joanne, although very good, is just too real for me.

Free my mind

DeanWinchester

Here we go!! :ladyhaha:

Honestly, that's the thing about music. It's so subjective and could be highly personal at times. Just listen to what you want. The two albums have very different purposes and directions. It isn't a crime to choose one over the other.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Both seem close to Gaga, but with Joanne being more about her aunt, it's weird to have Dancin' In Circles, a chick flick:toofunny: song.

Magneto
6 minutes ago, Misaki said:

Both seem close to Gaga, but with Joanne being more about her aunt, it's weird to have Dancin' In Circles, a chick flick:toofunny: song.

Sweetie, thnx for your input, but I don't think you really got my point

DcKkXgt93EhQk.gif

Free my mind

Mistress Dita

ARTPOP is my life and I feel the same wait. I detached to Gaga as well when I was sooooo obsessed with her during ARTPOP 

2 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Sweetie, thnx for your input, but I don't think you really got my point

DcKkXgt93EhQk.gif

To be honest I didn't read the post, but wanted to make a chick flick joke.

giphy.gif

Magneto
Just now, Misaki said:

To be honest I didn't read the post, but wanted to make a chick flick joke.

giphy.gif

Well, babe. Fly your way back to the top and read that ****. It's very personal

SKdJnMEafuX9C.gif

Free my mind

RemovedPerRequest1

I like how the album did affect some really deeply. @ReidOne I know feels the same way. Cause I feel it too, much of your same story. I am a painter, I workout and I still pick those songs to listen to every now and again.

ArtPLAUSE

I mean, from your description of you it's pretty clear that yes, you have much in common with ARTPOPGa, so it really isn't hard to understand why you feel more attached to AP than to Joanne. There isn't much else to say imo :sweat: that's how you feel and it's both logical and respectable

Magneto
2 minutes ago, JSwystun said:

I like how the album did affect some really deeply. @ReidOne I know feels the same way. Cause I feel it too, much of your same story. I am a painter, I workout and I still pick those songs to listen to every now and again.

Lol, @BorisIsHere is that you? Wasn't @ReidOne the one who started the ARTPOP lounge?

OT: it kinda feels weird though, that people said she took it completely over the top, she connected to us the most and now that she's actually talking/singing about her problems withouth "distracting" outfits and shows, she's actually connecting to me less. I'm not shading her or anything. "...I just loathe reality"

Free my mind

Bradley

This thread is so emotional to me in some way.

@KinneyUnderYou I guess Joanne, though a great album, doesn't top ARTPOP for me either. It's too personal and close to heart, it forces me to face my emotions and god knows why I'm afraid to do that.

Magneto
4 minutes ago, ArtPLAUSE said:

I mean, from your description of you it's pretty clear that yes, you have much in common with ARTPOPGa, so it really isn't hard to understand why you feel more attached to AP than to Joanne. There isn't much else to say imo :sweat: that's how you feel and it's both logical and respectable

I know it sounds pretty straight forward, but it actually took a lot of time to figure this out for myself. Maybe my JoanneGa wil come in a few years:toofunny:

Free my mind

Magneto
3 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

This thread is so emotional to me in some way.

@KinneyUnderYou I guess Joanne, though a great album, doesn't top ARTPOP for me either. It's too personal and close to heart, it forces me to face my emotions and god knows why I'm afraid to do that.

I was listening to this awesome ARTPOP instrumentals playlist. Dope came on and as I do with the record itself too I wanted to skip it. Then I read your comment. I've decided to leave it on and now I'm crying. It's a good thing, I guess

Free my mind

crisTEAne

wait for your realization and i guarantee that joanne will feel very real. i think i sort of go through things (life?) with gagz in tandem, so i always get her.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived