Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne vs ARTPOP: a personal analysis

Magneto

Featured Posts

Arizona Sky

Joanne is sooooo much better. It actually tells a story and is cohesive. I didn't get the message with ARTPOP, it was just a ton of random songs put together. Every song on Joanne has a meaning

joannesrats

ARTPOP is still my favorite album from Gaga. I relate so much to it as a person, and as an artist. I love Joanne so much, just as a person as well, but AP has so much more to offer me. I love it with all my heart. 

Magneto
7 minutes ago, BloodyMonster said:

Joanne is sooooo much better. It actually tells a story and is cohesive. I didn't get the message with ARTPOP, it was just a ton of random songs put together. Every song on Joanne has a meaning

I'm not saying either one of them is better. It's just an analysis of why I feel so connected to ARTPOP on a personal level and less connected to Joanne. It took me a while to figure it out and I learned something about myself in the proces. Maybe try and read the orginal post (again):hug:

Free my mind

ArtPLAUSE
13 minutes ago, T E Anne said:

wait for your realization and i guarantee that joanne will feel very real. i think i sort of go through things (life?) with gagz in tandem, so i always get her.

I think he is saying that it feels too real already:classy:

crisTEAne
2 minutes ago, ArtPLAUSE said:

I think he is saying that it feels too real already:classy:

that's just the beginning of ha existential impasse, i'm afraid. buckle up and fight on, lil pony! :classy:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Bradley
1 hour ago, T E Anne said:

wait for your realization and i guarantee that joanne will feel very real. i think i sort of go through things (life?) with gagz in tandem, so i always get her.

It is because Joanne is too real that he's not wanting to listen to it. It breaks people's hearts.

Magneto
17 hours ago, INTERNET said:

Sorry for you, but ARTPOP feels boring and plastic compared too Joanne :hor: Joanne is something for the spirit

That's your opinion, babe. You can read in the thread how I figured out why ARTPOP speaks to me on such a personal level and I didn't meant it as yet another Joanne bashing thread. I love me some John Wayne:lolly: I'm happy for you that you're enjoying Joanne so much:hug:

Free my mind

Interesting points. I feel the complete opposite, though.

I guess, just from the circumstances from my own life, I've never had a chance to run away from my problems, and had to live with constant pain and oppression head on. Based on its description on paper, I'd think ARTPOP would have been a sort of escape for me, but instead it made me feel detached. It's really beautiful and fun to analyze in an academic way, but I never could feel a connection to it.

Rather, I feel like Joanne really validates some of those experiences for me, particularly the title song and Angel Down. In a way, Born This Way really resonates with me, too, but that's a lot more angry and dreamy optimism than some of Joanne's bleak realizations.

That said, the one song from ARTPOP that resonated with me the most is probably Dope, for reasons that it's the "comedown" of the album.

3 points in and ready for more

• 4 weeks later...
FrankGutz

ARTPOP has a lot of flop iconic moments, and a lot of great stuff tbh, i will always remember ARTPOP as a really underrated missmanaged album

And yes, i also love more the music of ARTPOP :lolly::lolly:  the energy, the beats, the rage, everything was so perfect except for DOPE & G.U.Y, that record remains flawless, when will Juana :nails:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

FrankGutz
On 20/12/2016 at 6:28 PM, INTERNET said:

Sorry for you, but ARTPOP feels boring and plastic compared too Joanne :hor: Joanne is something for the spirit

not :madge:  Rihpent!!

On 20/12/2016 at 5:38 PM, BloodyMonster said:

no it's not :lolly:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

The reason Joanne is my favourite album from her is that I can connect with her through songs like Diamond Heart, Million Reasons, and and even Angel Down. 

I face reality. After all, living in fantasy won't make me a better person neither help me with my problems. 

Joanne has helped me so much since its release. 

I only listen to ARTPOP when I want to dance. That's it (except for Dope obviously). 

The night sky tells all

Its the same for me. I love both albums but I enjoyed ARTPOP era more.

We got some amazing performances and amazing music videos too, everything was so crazy and over the top and I loved it. Joanne is doing great but its not that exciting.

I guess since I am into raves and similar things, the whole concept of ARTPOP was so pleasing to me

• 1 month later...

ARTPOP is full of great pop/dance songs and it is totally different to what Joanne is all about.

ARTPOP is a passionate album in an extrovert way,while Joanne is anintense one, in a more esoteric way.

I can´t compare two absolutely different albums but i can tell that i still listen to Aura,Venus,Guy,Sexxx Dreams,DWUW,ARTPOP ,Dope & Applause....in a daily basis.Something that it didn´t happen with Born this Way,which  a year after its release i used to listen only to MTN,Scheisse,Edge ,Judas & Heavy metal lover

The truth is that Joanne is more solid as an album and i don´t skip songs except Angel Down the work tape. The production and instrumentation in Joanne is brilliant and sometimes i´m losing myself into that great instrumentation.

Joanne is the album that i really wanted Gaga to record but the next one it has to be pop/dance again.

It´s that i love to dance Mother

Archived