💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
band

Do you guys agree many bands disappeared after MTV lose its reign to YT

pedrohemg

Featured Posts

pedrohemg

I'm always thinking about bands that were famous before 2010 like Simple Plan, My Chemical Romance, Panic at The Disco, Tokio Hotel that aren't that successful anymore. In 2009 when youtube started to become that important to artists to promote their visual contents, MTV became irrelevant to the music world and many artists were affected by that.

Even if you didn't like Tokio Hotel much, for example, MTV would "force" you to watch them. With youtube it's completely different and only mainstream artists or those lucky enough to make a great hit can have the space they'd have if MTV was still the boss.

We all should thank MTV for everything they did for the music industry. I wish someday they can back and fill the gap youtube created.

Gaga Monster

No, if people liked a band and that band made good music, they would watch them on YouTube, not being forced to watch them

GGD Presidential Elections

2 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

No, if people liked a band and that band made good music, they would watch them on YouTube, not being forced to watch them

/thread

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

I don't think that wave of bands were necessarily a product of MTV, just a trend like any other. For example my sister and cousin were into those kind of artists but then eventually just moved on - they never watched MTV. Those bands were still very much mainstream as well.

SpookyKid

Well, Panic! is still a thing, Fall Out Boy is too

I'm sure MCR would be too if they kept releasing music (:giveup:)

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

we have pretty mediocre bands these days and those that had their time couldn't stay relevant

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

DeanWinchester

In a way, yes. Streaming made music more personal as people would just seek out the songs they like. Personally, I don't listen much to radio, so I won't get updates on pop music until my sisters overplay the songs or I read about them here. This made generic hits bigger than they should be and smaller acts smaller in respect to the "big" names. Ironic, since streaming pays ****all to the artist

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Rock and the rest of the sub genres and the GP is usually a phase that comes and go, it stays calm for few years and then kicking again for 1-3 years and then it's resting again...

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

MTV Unplugged, MTV Cribs, MTV Jackass

VH1

German MTV Masters/Select, Viva

Era of great videos and music. 

The charts with Manson next to Madonna...those were the days. 

FreePalestine

The Child
2 minutes ago, lego said:

MTV Unplugged, MTV Cribs, MTV Jackass

VH1

German MTV Masters/Select, Viva

Era of great videos and music. 

The charts with Manson next to Madonna...those were the days. 

Don't forget TRL!

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

TCHIKITAH

K.... seems like you forgot that MCR no longer exists, Simple Plan just released an album since 2011, Tokyo Hotel sucks and Panic at the Disco is still peaking. Honey do your research. Don't be delusional!:duck:

+ YouTube has been the thing since 2006. Where were you those other 3 years 

En_Sabah_Nur

Yassssssssssssssssssssss 4 Tokio Hotel!!!  I love them!!!!  Don't even get me started gurl!!!!!   :sara: :woot::woohoo:

Egypt. W

• 2 weeks later...

Nah. YouTube is so much better, any band, song or video at any time every day and all night. :whitney:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived