[POKEMON] Fresh Beginnings: A GGD Tournament

Lagg

Featured Posts

jRDb4Xh.png

Requirements:

1.) Nintendo 2DS/3DS/3DS XL or New Nintendo 3DS/3DSXL

2.) Pokemon Sun or Moon

3.)  VS Recorder

4.) Battle Icon (Your preferred pokemon sprite; no multiple contestants will have the same pokemon)

5.) Friend Code

Format of the tournament: Double Elimination

Spoiler

1. A tournament tree will be used

2. All players start in the winners bracket

3. If you lose you will be moved to the losers bracket

4. If you lose whilst in the losers bracket you will be eliminated

5. The winner of the winners bracket and the winner of the losers bracket will compete for the position of the Pokemon Master

Rules

Important: Build a team around your starter pokemon. They are a mandatory variable to this tournament.

Also, the games just came out and there's no sign of legally obtaining these pokemon. If any of them are found on your team, you will automatically be disqualified and the winner will be decided by default. This is considered a pre-bank tournament.

LIMIT YOURSELF TO 1 ULTRA BEAST AND 1 TAPU.

Battle format: 6 vs 6 single pokemon battle - changing teams will not be allowed

Restrictions:

Spoiler

Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.

Moody Clause: Pokemon with the ability Moody are not permitted.

OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

Sleep Clause: Only one Pokemon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.

Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokemon with the same Pokedex number on the same team.

Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Thus:

A Pokemon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.

A Pokemon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.

A Pokemon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.

Banned Pokemon:

Spoiler

See: http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/unobtainable.shtml

Solgaleo

Lunala

Aegislash

Zygarde-Complete

Kangaskhan-M

Gengar-M

Lucario-M

Salamence-M

Banned Items:

Spoiler

Kangaskhanite

Gengarite

Lucarionite

Sablenite

Salamencite

Banned Moves:

Spoiler

Swagger

ALL BATTLES MUST BE RECORDED WITH THE VS RECORDER AND THE BATTLE CODES POSTED OTHERWISE THEY WILL NOT COUNT

Registered Trainers: 

| GGD Display name & In-game name : Friend Code / the game you have / your battle icon |

1.) Helios ("Mint" in-game) : 3969 - 8954 - 3053  /  Sun  / Battle Icon: Cosmog

2.) Jujubae ("Juju" in-game): 4614 - 0181 - 0938  /  Moon  / Battle Icon: Komala

3.) Paris Hilton (Paris In Game): 2793 - 0628 - 3233  /  Moon  / Battle Icon: Pyukumuku

4.) Prismatic ("June" in-game): 1349 - 8518 - 0828 / Sun / Battle Icon: Datrix

5.) PartySick ("Julio" in-game): 4871 - 5647 - 6612 / Moon / Battle Icon: Salandit

6.) Logan ("Logan" in-game): 2895-8460-7182 / Battle Icon: Mimikyu

7.)  Florian ("FLO" in-game) : 0104 - 4185 - 0598  /  Sun  /  Battle Icon : Lillipup

8.) DiegoMonster ("Diego" in-game) : 0619 - 6867 - 7157  /  Sun  /  Battle Icon : Squirtle

ElAsdD1.png

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prismatic

Ready to see everyone with a Tapu & Ultra Beast for 4/5 spots on their team :fan: 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

What exactly is a Vs Recorder? :oprah: 

Spoiler

And, if I'm doing this correctly, can I reserve Komala as my Battle Icon? :oprah: 

All in all, I'd love to join! :sara: 

Jujubae ("Juju" in-game): 4614 - 0181 - 0938 / Moon / Battle Icon: (the one in the spoiler?)

❤ x ❤

4 minutes ago, Prismatic said:

Ready to see everyone with a Tapu & Ultra Beast for 4/5 spots on their team :fan: 

Dont forget Toxapex :reductive:

4 minutes ago, jujubae said:

What exactly is a Vs Recorder? :oprah: 

Reveal hidden contents

And, if I'm doing this correctly, can I reserve Komala as my Battle Icon? :oprah: 

All in all, I'd love to join! :sara: 

Jujubae ("Juju" in-game): 4614 - 0181 - 0938 / Moon / Battle Icon: (the one in the spoiler?)

Remember the "Battle Video" when you press "X" ? :)

Prismatic
2 minutes ago, Helios said:

Dont forget Toxapex :reductive:

Sounds like the full team right there :green: 

My Bulu & Lele are readT. They might be my fave Tapus. Koko was a cute fade and Fini... *IDontKnowHer*

xoxo cupcakke

Omg, I haven't been keeping up with the tournament aspect of Sun and Moon. Is this the first tournament and are these the rules also?

Or is this just a GGD only battle thread I guess

UPDATE:

I've decided that each team will limit themselves to just 1 UB's and 1 Tapu's.

Get ready to spam your Pheramosa's y'all :green:

1 minute ago, Prismatic said:

Sounds like the full team right there :green: 

:green:

Prismatic
Just now, Helios said:

UPDATE:

I've decided that each team will limit themselves to just 1 UB's and 1 Tapu's.

Get ready to spam your Pheramosa's y'all :green:

:green:

Thank you.

It's going to be nice to see some diversity, then everyone using the same. 

2 minutes ago, Helios said:

Ahhh! I see now... but where do we obtain the codes? And how are they shared exactly?

❤ x ❤

2 minutes ago, CowSiss said:

Omg, I haven't been keeping up with the tournament aspect of Sun and Moon. Is this the first tournament and are these the rules also?

Or is this just a GGD only battle thread I guess

Yes, this is our first Gen 7 tournament but since Sun and Moon just came out and it still has not received support from PokeBank, it will be a lot different that we can anticipate in the future especially if consider that the SunMoon tiers havent even properly rolled out yet.

Prismatic

Prismatic ("June" in-game): 1349 - 8518 - 0828 / mascSun / Iconic & Legendary Datrix

ezgif-3189711447_zpsjgasovy6.gif

4 minutes ago, jujubae said:

Ahhh! I see now... but where do we obtain the codes? And how are they shared exactly?

When you're asked to save your last battle, be it from Battle tree or wifi, you will receive a replay code of the battles so you can watch it anytime you want or you could share the codes to your friends. They can enter your code if they're connected to the internet.

4 minutes ago, Paris Hilton said:

Caillin (Paris In Game): 2793-0628-3233/Moon/Pyukumuku

I have to use Paris Hilton for the display name :laughga: Is Paris still your in-game name ? I just thought maybe you accidentally swapped it back there :flop:

Archived