Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Madonna raises $7.5 million for Raising Malawi @ Art Basel

jojuun

Featured Posts

Madonna raises $7.5M for Malawi

Saturday, 03 December 2016

Madonna kissed Ariana Grande, repeatedly criticized President elect Donald Trump and said she was ashamed to be an American in a magnetic performance in Miami on Friday night where she raised more than $7.5 million for the African nation of Malawi.

The Material Girl dug deep into her personal treasures, auctioning off pieces from her own art collection, a costume from her tour modeled by Grande and black and white photos from her 1985 wedding to ex-husband Sean Penn shot by the late photographer Herb Ritts. The trio of wedding photos sold for $230,000.

Penn, who attended the fundraiser and bid on several pricey items when the auction stalled, handcuffed Madonna and crawled through her legs at one point as the two tried to coerce the audience to bid higher. 'For once, he's not the one being arrested,' she joked.

From Associated Press Via Yahoo! News

Will post more when it becomes available. It's happening right now.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LePetitGAGABLover

Not being shady, but why is Madonna the only living legend that has to feel the need to appeal to a younger generation. I mean, people like Cher, Elton, ACDC, etc. rarely do stuff like this. 

TSUNAMI
Just now, LePetitMonstr said:

Not being shady, but why is Madonna the only living legend that has to feel the need to appeal to a younger generation. I mean, people like Cher, Elton, ACDC, etc. rarely do stuff like this. 

She's about bling, not the music. 

Born To Slay
2 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Ariana is pretty respectable

LePetitGAGABLover
Just now, Born To Slay said:

Ariana is pretty respectable

I was talking more about stuff like this:poot:

27831DD100000578-3036560-This_happened_M

3 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

They are not as culturally relevant as Madonna... :hor:

LePetitGAGABLover
1 minute ago, jojuun said:

They are not as culturally relevant as Madonna... :hor:

Actually, this makes sense somehow. Madonna has always been pop culturally important.

2 minutes ago, Parach said:

She's about bling, not the music. 

Funny you should say that about the woman who's sold more records than any other woman in history. Guess there must be something good on those albums then... 

You can stay pressed

giphy.gif

Gov Hooka

still have yet to see some sort of collab artistically or entertainment wise with Gaga other than the time they beat each other up on SNL in 2010 :reductive: 

Archived