Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Gaga discusses LGBTQ rights in Trump's America

yASSsss

Featured Posts

Blackwillow
30 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I can't at her implying she wasn't communicating important and admirable values through her work before. 

"when I was younger, I didn't quite understand the amount of attention I had, the amount of people that would listen to me. I'm older now and I'm aware of my voice in the world and I want to be as much of a role model as I can be through my music as well as my performance"

Translation: people didn't get me when I was wearing costumes so I'm ditching them now and selling out so people can finally listen to what I have to say (aka buy my stuff).

Another major artistic betrayal, I'm so ****ing done with her, all this backtracking (and don't you dare call this "maturing", throwing away all your admirable philosophies for a mansion, fillers, and public approval is not maturing) is hollowing out her act. She used to be known for her challenging art ÀND her empowering initiatives and philosophies communicated through that art (hello, how wasn't she aware of her voice in the world when she rallied for gay rights, started the BTWF, the Born Brave Bus, talked about immigration laws on stage, preached tolerance, self-expression and freedom on every goddamn radio and tv station etc. etc.).

Now she'll be known as someone who just changed up her act whenever it suited her so she could keep the spotlight fixed without doing or saying anything remarkable. Another pop star trying to fake authenticity no matter what it takes. Avant-garde costumes one day so she can look artsy and smart, lazy outfits and basic ballads so she can look relatable and human the next. What a fail. And she's still pretending she made Joanne without keeping in mind's people's expectations lmao. She actually dragged her own past albums, saying that because she caved in to people's desires her work suffered to explain why ARTPOP failed and her next project would be better, and now she's saying she's actively dressing down and bringing minimal performances and relatable music just so people can understand her because a meat dress is too challenging or confusing for them? What a horrible liar and a lame sell-out. She'll say anything to look like she means well at the exact moment it suits her, even when throwing all her artistic values and philosophies out the window.

Thanks for wasting my time. You once inspired me the most, now you've become what I'd least like to become. 

Wow I really feel so sorry for you that you spent all time and energy to put into negative message, ungrateful.... you know what KARMA is a bitch

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lona Delery
2 minutes ago, gagu said:

Can you take my CAE exam tomorrow??:ohno: I really need someone good at writing essays and stuff 

Dont be scared, my writing sucks and I still managed to pass my CAE

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Didymus
3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

The amount means nothing if it doesn't make sense though. :green:

Explain. Let's for once in GGD's recent history have a real discussion about Gaga's work, pls. Explain to me what doesn't make sense about me saying Gaga is selling out when she's saying "I know that people don't think of me as a role model because of my past performances, but I didn't understand the platform I had then, now I'm smarter and I'm gonna be a role model now!" in the exact era she decides to dress down all aspects of her work. Try me. Mother****ing try me, smartass. And that's an invitation to everyone btw.

2 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

Dont be scared, my writing sucks and I still managed to pass my CAE

The problem is that I come up with very few ideas and I'm very slow in building sentences, I'll never manage to write two pieces of 200+ words in an hour and a half :cryga:

"Jezus iz a biskweeeet!" [Kenya Michaels]

yASSsss
Just now, Didymus said:

Explain. Let's for once in GGD's recent history have a real discussion about Gaga's work, pls. Explain to me what doesn't make sense about me saying Gaga is selling out when she's saying "I know that people don't think of me as a role model because of my past performances, but I didn't understand the platform I had then, now I'm smarter and I'm gonna be a role model now!" in the exact era she decides to dress down all aspects of her work. Try me. Mother****ing try me, smartass. And that's an invitation to everyone btw.

what a way to ruin such a positive thread :fthis:.it looks like you're having a nervous breakdown.chill the **** out :smh: 

Also,didn't you say you'd never post anything Gaga related on this forum?well,you should've kept that promise.

Stay on FOTP(is that what that forum is called?) with your friend Jjang and leave this forum for good. :bye:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

yASSsss
9 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

The amount means nothing if it doesn't make sense though. :green:

drag iT :ladyhaha:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Didymus
8 minutes ago, Blackwillow said:

you know what KARMA is a bitch

I guess it is. I wondered what I did to deserve such a huge artistic betrayal from someone I used to look up to like this. Must be something rully bad. Now reply to my arguments or don't reply at all.

Didymus
1 minute ago, yASSsss said:

what a way to ruin such a positive thread :fthis:.it looks like you're having a nervous breakdown.chill the **** out :smh: 

Positive? She's pretending she's gonna do something for the LGBT+ community now because she suddenly saw the light and is moving away from her "weird" and "foolish" performances (just the outcome of a naïve youth apparently) when, in reality, she did far more for the community in 2010 alone than in the last three years combined, despite all her nonsense about using her voice politically that started in 2014 (I'm still waiting for that to happen, and no, supporting Hillary for having a vagina and speaking out about the Orlando massacre after hours of fan outrage on social media due to her silence does not count). This is not a positive thread. This shouldn't be. Now think for once and discuss something that actually matters, with sentences that don't start with "queen of". I'm the hater but I'm the only one in this fanbase who seems to care about actually paying attention to what your fav does and says. So embarrassing.

MonsterMum
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

I can't at her implying she wasn't communicating important and admirable values through her work before. 

"when I was younger, I didn't quite understand the amount of attention I had, the amount of people that would listen to me. I'm older now and I'm aware of my voice in the world and I want to be as much of a role model as I can be through my music as well as my performance"

Translation: people didn't get me when I was wearing costumes so I'm ditching them now and selling out so people can finally listen to what I have to say (aka buy my stuff).

Another major artistic betrayal, I'm so ****ing done with her, all this backtracking (and don't you dare call this "maturing", throwing away all your admirable philosophies for a mansion, fillers, and public approval is not maturing) is hollowing out her act. She used to be known for her challenging art ÀND her empowering initiatives and philosophies communicated through that art (hello, how wasn't she aware of her voice in the world when she rallied for gay rights, started the BTWF, the Born Brave Bus, talked about immigration laws on stage, preached tolerance, self-expression and freedom on every goddamn radio and tv station etc. etc.).

Now she'll be known as someone who just changed up her act whenever it suited her so she could keep the spotlight fixed without doing or saying anything remarkable. Another pop star trying to fake authenticity no matter what it takes. Avant-garde costumes one day so she can look artsy and smart, lazy outfits and basic ballads so she can look relatable and human the next. What a fail. And she's still pretending she made Joanne without keeping in mind's people's expectations lmao. She actually dragged her own past albums, saying that because she caved in to people's desires her work suffered to explain why ARTPOP failed and her next project would be better, and now she's saying she's actively dressing down and bringing minimal performances and relatable music just so people can understand her because a meat dress is too challenging or confusing for them? What a horrible liar and a lame sell-out. She'll say anything to look like she means well at the exact moment it suits her, even when throwing all her artistic values and philosophies out the window.

Thanks for wasting my time. You once inspired me the most, now you've become what I'd least like to become. 

The translation you did is your interpretation and assumptions from her words and drawing your own conclusions by filling in meanings to statements. 

You feel like she's selling out and l like she is telling you to buy her stuff (the aka part, once again filled in by your own ideas).

You could be wrong, you could be right but please don't galop in like you are preaching the one and only truth and everyone else is just stupid for not realising. 

Frankly a lot of people, when you just read the majority of the press and comments of random people, actually will say that everything she did was just over the top and distracting. 

Even when you watch the behind the scenes of the HBO Born this Way show she says that people see costumes and they shut down. And generally speaking I think it's true, people don't like to watch a show meant for entertainment to think "what is the message, why does this person do this" as they would expect maybe from a painting. 

So she was aware and maybe just got tired of fighting to get it both (which was kinda having the cake and eating it too),  keeping up the expectations for the fans and realising you cannot live your whole life like this but achieve just as much bustle around you by speaking out about things that matter to a lot since she does have a platform and she can reach people with just words. 

Do I think she bends stuff when telling things? Yes I do, hindsight is always 20/20 right? As a person we all have that, why wouldn't she? You start things with good intentions sometimes and it just doesn't work out. For us it means nothing but just move on and "oh well, better luck next time" but in her position with fans following you and you don't wanna disappoint them, what do you do when you try to keep everyone and everything happy?  

Letmelivemylife
2 hours ago, Miley said:

And people have the nerve to say she's not caring about the LGBTQ community. This woman has done so much for all of us, more than we can ever understand ♡ I will always thank her for that. She made me, us so brave

Exactly. You know I never understood our celebrity obsessed society. I rolled my eyes at the people who waited hours for autographs and I scoffed at the people who followed celebs on Twitter. I rolled my eyes and judged them until a tiny 5'1 Italian woman wormed her way into my heart and became my everything. Now I totally get it. I always get the warm fuzzies every time she says "I love you" to us because I know she means it with every fiber of her being. People call me obsessed but they have to remember that she was there when nobody else was and she loved me unconditionally when nobody else did

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Didymus

@MonsterMum

Good try but that makes no sense. In 2015 she said the reason she crashed was because she didn't follow her own instincts and just did what she thought would please people the most. In this interview she's saying she will again do what she thinks will please people the most. I grew up from my weird phase and now I'll be a role model (meaning: someone dressing up weird can't possibly be a role model - how is that not a 100% artistic betrayal of what she stood for back in the day, I ask you?), her exact words. That is again caving in to people's desires (will she have another crash soon then?), so either she was lying about why she crashed back in 2013 or she's lying about having changed now. But what she is in any case is a liar, and it's not just a little lie, it's a lie about her integrity.

I really don't understand why I'm the only one upset to hear this. I guess no one paid enough attention to her interviews these years to even notice the changes in her rhetoric and her blatant contradictions over what is very little passing time, and yes I get that saying those things comes across as me acting like the wise one who knows it all, but let's face it, on this forum that is, frankly, so hilariously uninterested in Gaga beyond her imagined achievements (with which they can act superior to other fanbases ofc, 'cause that's what it's all about), it's not exactly hard to believe you are. Look at the responses I got lol. Only one person (you) actually took an interest, the rest didn't care. Didn't care. Did not care about an important Gaga statement because it required thinking. That tells you something. Not about me, but about all those "fans".

Letmelivemylife
2 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Mommy's watching out for us :wub:

tumblr_mwdzpoC9By1rynrjeo1_500.gif

Awwww I love that gif!!! Lol gaga's like  "You're the same height as me darling but I'm still gonna scoop you up in my arms anyway". And the critics say she doesn't love us. She'll always be mama monster no matter how old she gets just as we'll a,ways be little monsters no matter how old we get. She's still the person who runs and showers us in hugs and kisses and I love yous when she sees us. Even when we think she isn't watching, she is. Even when we think she isn't listening, she is. She would break without us. We're a massive part of her life. I've always interpreted come to mama as her way of saying " sometimes no matter how old you get you just need the comfort of mama. Sometimes the world just gets overwhelming and you just wanna hide and when that happens, I'll always be here". To quote her for a second "what you and I have little monsters has no end. It's eternal".

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Alcina Dimitrescu
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

This. I never believed i'd live to see the day where ****ing Katy Perry had more artistic integrity than Lady Gaga

Archived