Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Hedwig & The Angry Inch

Blake

Featured Posts

Hedwig-banner-675x300.jpg

Hedwig and the Angry Inch is a 2001 American musical comedy-drama film written, adapted, and directed by John Cameron Mitchell, who also portrayed the title role, reprising his performance from the original production. Based on Stephen Trask's stage musical of the same name, the film follows a fictional rock band fronted by an East German genderqueer singer who survives a botched sex change operation. Hedwig subsequently develops a relationship with a younger man, Tommy, becoming his mentor and musical collaborator, only to have Tommy steal her music and move on without her. The film follows Hedwig and her backing band, the Angry Inch, as they shadow Tommy's tour, while exploring Hedwig's past and complex gender identity.

Has anyone seen this movie, or the musical? 

I watched the film for the first time in full after being a casual fan (:flop:) and I must say, I'm blown away.
The acting is amazing and the songs are beautiful. And the whole symbolism with Plato's Symposium is amazing too.

If anyone here hasn't seen it, definitely watch it. It's definitely one of the most amazing LGBT films, and perhaps one of the most amazing films in general, too. 

Interlude

I haven't but I've been meaning to watch it! Looking forward to it now :happy:

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

AmericanGUY

not me thinking this was about hedwig from harry potter :toofunny:

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

littlepotter
18 minutes ago, brantgermanotta said:

not me thinking this was about hedwig from harry potter :toofunny:

Same sis

chaeri pls

Sizzily

I just watched it for the first time last week. I had already been of fan of tube soundtrack and the clips I was able to watch on YouTube but I'm glad I watched the whole thing finally. It's great. :flutter: 

One Banned Boi

Archived