💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Final Fantasy XV for a newbie

Anastasia

Featured Posts

Anastasia

I know you can play any FF game at any time, but are there any backstories I should know about? The only FF game I have played is Crystal Chronicles, but idk if that counts lol. I have never been interested in the series for some reason, until I watched the trailers for XV, I think it looks beautiful and the type of game I would spend a lot of time on.

I am interested in previous games in the series, but all I have is an Xbox 360, Xbox One, and a not so great laptop. 

Is there anyone else pre-ordering this game out of excitement? I played the platinum demo and it took my breath away, I can't way to play the full game. 

This topic is all over the place, but I am just excited for the game and want to talk to other players and fans about it :excited2:

FATWIFE, First Lady Of GGD

imwoahvicky

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Fabula_Nova_Crystallis:_Final_Fantasy

read up on this.  (edit: doesn't relate i believe to the other games, they're all standalone) it's apart of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series, which is a series of certain FF games (such as FFXIII) and upcoming ones   and FFXV is apart of Fabula Nova Crystallis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabula_Nova_Crystallis_Final_Fantasy

sorry if im wrong :sweat: 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

President Trump

All of the games are standalone, except for the few direct sequels, so you don't need to know anything about the other games.

Ma ma pa pa pa

Cuchulainn

You should at least watch the brotherhood anime that came out for this game. It's a series of five short episodes that gives you a backstory of the main characters.  There is also a movie called Kingsglaive that I've yet to watch.

None of the other final fantasies will be related in any way to this one (although I believe this one and FF13 were originally based in the same universe as part of the fabula nova crystallis series of FF games) so you will be able to just pick up and enjoy the game.

imwoahvicky

Relating back to what I posted:

'While featuring various worlds and different characters, each Fabula Nova Crystallis game is ultimately based on and expands upon a common mythos focusing on important crystals tied to deities.'

Hope this helps you a little bit 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

Katsuki Bakugo
8 minutes ago, Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa said:

All of the games are standalone, except for the few direct sequels, so you don't need to know anything about the other games.

Except what the purpose of a Chocobo is. Why are Moogles a thing. And how do they keep their hair so god damn amazing!

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

imwoahvicky
Just now, Melisandre said:

Except what the purpose of a Chocobo is. Why are Moogles a thing. And how do they keep their hair so god damn amazing!

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

Katsuki Bakugo
1 minute ago, Scarlet said:

DON'T REMIND ME!

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Anastasia
9 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

read up on this.  (edit: doesn't relate i believe to the other games, they're all standalone) it's apart of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series, which is a series of certain FF games (such as FFXIII) and upcoming ones   and FFXV is apart of Fabula Nova Crystallis

10 minutes ago, Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa said:

9 minutes ago, Creativek said:

You should at least watch the brotherhood anime that came out for this game. It's a series of five short episodes that gives you a backstory of the main characters.  There is also a movie called Kingsglaive that I've yet to watch.

None of the other final fantasies will be related in any way to this one (although I believe this one and FF13 were originally based in the same universe as part of the fabula nova crystallis series of FF games) so you will be able to just pick up and enjoy the game.

Thank you guys so much for the help and advice :hug:I will definitely check out all the recommendations 

FFXV used to be a part of the FNC project, however it has become its own game.

The only thing to know that kind of connects XV to other Final Fantasies is Crystals.

I suggest watching the Kingsglaive movie and Brotherhood anime.

kingsglaive covers what happens just before the main story of FFXV starts. It explains the main plot, and kind of explores Luna and her destiny and her ties to Noctis.

Brotherhood goes through how the main four are connected.

PROMPTO IS MY BABY. HE MAKES ME CRY. I HAVE FEELS.

Also I think the main reason why FFXV is so appealing to outside fans is the fact it's very western rpg influences.

Feel free to ask me anything about Final fantasy.

5 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Actually the series is no longer apart of the FNC project. Back when it was VS13 it was, but while a few obvious elements are still present, it no longer contains the same mythos.

While Final fantasy Type-0 (and it's presumed sequel/prequel) are a part of the FNC, FFXV has separated itself from the series.

Anastasia
3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I mean, the car in the trailer was cool and all but this is what I'm really looking forward to in XV :ladyhaha:

Anastasia
1 minute ago, Seeka said:

FFXV used to be a part of the FNC project, however it has become its own game.

The only thing to know that kind of connects XV to other Final Fantasies is Crystals.

I suggest watching the Kingsglaive movie and Brotherhood anime.

kingsglaive covers what happens just before the main story of FFXV starts. It explains the main plot, and kind of explores Luna and her destiny and her ties to Noctis.

Brotherhood goes through how the main four are connected.

PROMPTO IS MY BABY. HE MAKES ME CRY. I HAVE FEELS.

Also I think the main reason why FFXV is so appealing to outside fans is the fact it's very western rpg influences.

Feel free to ask me anything about Final fantasy.

Actually the series is no longer apart of the FNC project. Back when it was VS13 it was, but while a few obvious elements are still present, it no longer contains the same mythos.

While Final fantasy Type-0 (and it's presumed sequel/prequel) are a part of the FNC, FFXV has separated itself from the series.

Thank you for all this, if I have more questions I will definitely ask you :yay:

StarstruckIllusion

or you could buy the Nintendo Switch on iTunes instead :poot:

imwoahvicky
1 minute ago, Anastasia said:

I mean, the car in the trailer was cool and all but this is what I'm really looking forward to in XV :ladyhaha:

:sharon:

Spoiler

Also, thank you for posting this thread! I was not gonna ask to get FFXV for Christmas, but this changed my mind and made me want to get it now :hug:

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

2 minutes ago, Anastasia said:

Thank you for all this, if I have more questions I will definitely ask you :yay:

I'm here for ya. I've been a big FF fan since I was little. I've played every one of the main series except 8.

Archived